Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2016, 06:56 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post

Well, when you bring up pedophiles and animal abusers every time you have a conversation involving gay people, what are we supposed to think you are doing?

Nowhere did I say you said they were just as bad. I said you were comparing the two things. Those two things being homosexuality and child molesters. You are saying that being gay and being a child molester are the same. Just read your last sentence.

If you stop shoplifting, you are still yourself, and you aren't living a lie. Shoplifting isn't part of your identity. Would you be fine with never being able to be with the one you love? It has nothing to do with a focus on flesh.

The better question is, we are only here for a short time, so why would you spend that time lying to yourself and everyone around you, being miserable for your entire life? Why would you want people to do that?

I'm not gay Jeff, so I have no need to do so. If we were living in a world where gay people were the vast majority and actively trying to deny me rights and I ran the risk of being beaten or killed everytime I left the house for simply being straight.......

So Jeff, how about an answer to my earlier question?

When did you decide to be heterosexual? Was there an "Aha!" Moment, or what? Did you try both to make up your mind? How did you choose?
You keep asking that ignorant question. It has been answered.
There is NO NEED to "choose" heterosexuality...as it is the "natural default". Procreation is a "basic instinct"...and requires male & female.
Anything outside of that would be contradictory to that natural default...and is either a defect or a choice.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
There is NO NEED to "choose" heterosexuality...as it is the "natural default". Procreation is a "basic instinct"...and requires male & female.
Anything outside of that would be contradictory to that natural default...and is either a defect or a choice.
More words devoid of content.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:26 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
And yet homosexuality occurs all over nature, thus it is just as natural as heterosexuality.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:30 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
Apparently you are completely unaware of the diversity in creation and the multiple-interrlockd conditions that make life on this planet a wonder. One of those amazing things about humans and a few other species is that there is something more involved about sex and sexuality than procreation. You should not be so simplistic, especially when it comes to how you judge other humans.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:31 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,385,641 times
Quote:
More nuthin from a nuthin.

If you can CHOOSE homosexuality, then you ARE choosing heterosexuality if you are straight. Go back to your version of woo and let the adults talk.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:32 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,218,598 times
Quote:
Procreation isn't a basic instinct. I don't have kids, never have wanted kids. I'm heterosexual, in a long term relationship and my better half has known since teen years she didn't want kids. I don't think it's a defect, and is certainly choice.

To imply that procreation is a basic instinct also has flaws.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
More words devoid of content.
Translation: I have no reasoned rebuttal, just my usual one-liner dumbstuff that has been well noted by many to have become my trademark.

You do notice that there is an exchange and debate going on, right?
Most offer more than your few interjected ignorant words.
For a guy that was a pro writer...you sure are stingy with any contribution of that talent to this board.
MOF...no one but you regularly puts up a few words of childish foolishness as a post.
Unless you are just amusing yourself...why bother? Lonely, unfulfilled, strange, bitter...what's up Dude?

Old 03-22-2016, 07:41 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Translation: I have no reasoned rebuttal, just my usual one-liner dumbstuff that has been well noted by many to have become my trademark.

For a guy that was a pro writer...you sure are stingy with any contribution of that talent to this board.
MOF...no one but you regularly puts up a few words of childish foolishness as a post.
Unless you are just amusing yourself...why bother? Lonely, unfulfilled, strange, bitter...what's up Dude?
And yet more...

Old 03-22-2016, 07:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:

Your constant displays of pique, which drag way too many threads into the weeds, have become boring.....please stay on topic.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Procreation isn't a basic instinct. I don't have kids, never have wanted kids. I'm heterosexual, in a long term relationship and my better half has known since teen years she didn't want kids. I don't think it's a defect, and is certainly choice.

To imply that procreation is a basic instinct also has flaws.
Yes it is a basic instinct. Current (long standing) scientific knowledge disagrees with your claim it isn't...at all levels of organism complexity. It is a universal "drive".
As I noted...anything outside of that basic instinct "default" is either a defect or a choice. As you noted...you made a choice outside of the default.

Just as "survival" is a basic instinct...even though some go against that and chose to commit suicide.
You don't determine "standards" by the exceptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality