Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2016, 07:11 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
The madness, I'm afraid, is yours. You rely on the Bible as the only source of evidence for your beliefs, and then effectively claim that a document that is the only source of evidence for an unrelated claim is not sufficient and 'could have been faked'.

So, which is it, Jeff? Is a single source (such as the Bible) sufficient to prove a claim, or can we discount it because it 'might have been faked' (as you claim with Elvis' death certificate)?
I wouldn't say the Bible is my only source of evidence. I also have my personal experiences and the supernatural encounters of my friends and family to solidify my faith. I look at the amazing wonders and beauty of life and see the hand of a Creator.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:01 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
I have 60 years of experience, of God's interventions, and miracles, in me, and those around me, that love God as well.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:28 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I wouldn't say the Bible is my only source of evidence. I also have my personal experiences and the supernatural encounters of my friends and family to solidify my faith. I look at the amazing wonders and beauty of life and see the hand of a Creator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I have 60 years of experience, of God's interventions, and miracles, in me, and those around me, that love God as well.

How could others actually duplicate those miracles, supernatural encounters, interventions and personal experiences in real time, and in a manner that it happens the same, every time? What processes would you use to ensure that it is real, and not imaginary?

Old 05-03-2016, 08:32 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
We have many more years of your god watching as millions starve. You must be one of your god's little snowflakes to be so special.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:24 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
And your relentless need to fight with Bible believing Christians hasn't driven anyone towards Christ. It only demonstrates division about Christians.
If believing in the Word of God is madness then our society really has gone down the path of backwards morality and rot.
You refuse to see what the actual issues are. The problem is not with Bible believing Christians. It is with Bible worshiping Christians. When you make the Bible equal to God, you make it your God and deny the New Covenant instituted by Christ. By making the Bible the word of God you deny Christ abides with us as the Living Word of God and the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts."

Old 05-03-2016, 03:37 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Helped you find your keys a couple of time?

Old 05-03-2016, 04:27 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
And your relentless need to fight with Bible believing Christians hasn't driven anyone towards Christ. It only demonstrates division about Christians.

If believing in the Word of God is madness then our society really has gone down the path of backwards morality and rot.
Believing the Word of God as TESTIMONY is not madness. Believing it is a textbook on science, sociology and natural events IS madness. And one reaches the point of madness when they are literalists regarding Scripture.

And, by the way, the Bible as "evidence" doesn't it exist. It is testimony of early believers and Jews.

Used as a rulebook, it is about as effective as the Quran in terms of finding "other" people whom you wish to disenfranchise from God.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
How could others actually duplicate those miracles, supernatural encounters, interventions and personal experiences in real time, and in a manner that it happens the same, every time? What processes would you use to ensure that it is real, and not imaginary?
The limit of human thinking. You think that everything must be repeatable and testable or it doesn't exist. Life doesn't work that way. Just like everyone's life path takes wild random unpredictable turns.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Believing the Word of God as TESTIMONY is not madness. Believing it is a textbook on science, sociology and natural events IS madness. And one reaches the point of madness when they are literalists regarding Scripture.

And, by the way, the Bible as "evidence" doesn't it exist. It is testimony of early believers and Jews.

Used as a rulebook, it is about as effective as the Quran in terms of finding "other" people whom you wish to disenfranchise from God.
All you are doing is degrading the Bible to the level of a Joel Olsteen book. Most Christians know better. Jesus used the scriptures to combat Satan. There is power in the Word of God.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:36 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
All you are doing is degrading the Bible to the level of a Joel Olsteen book. Most Christians know better. Jesus used the scriptures to combat Satan. There is power in the Word of God.
The actual God has much more power than any fictional book..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality