Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2016, 11:56 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Well of course people are going to agree that the threats were wrong. Who in their right mind would agree with it? Actually, the intent of my OP is completely different. The attacks and threats made against gay people in the past are awful, horrific, and evil. I think anyone with that much hatred in their heart is a monster. But look what has happened. Now that the power has shifted to their side, the SSM upporters are becoming the very monsters that they fought against in years prior. This is an incident worth highlighting because we are not talking about a grave injustice. It's a wedding cake. An inconvenience at worst. At a bakery in a small town deep in the Bible belt. I can only imagine that the response would be 100X worse if this occurred in some place like San Francisco. Christians are now becoming the target for bullying and it will only get worse if no one says anything about it.

With that said, I do appreciate your post here. It feels very honest and heart felt.

Thank you.

I try to be honest and say what I mean in all my posts.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:05 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
I see, so I have to believe in a lie and become politically correct by embracing homosexual as natural and normal. Otherwise, I'm personally judging. Is that right? You know, atheists can talk down about the Bible and my faith. I don't take that as a personal judgement against me. I only do when they call me out by name and talk about me specifically. I guaranteed that if I stayed away from this forum for a month and came back, it would be exactly the same. Homosexuality or Noah's Ark would still be the hot topic and another Christian who dared defend God's Word would be put through the meat grinder. Stop acting like this is all about me.

I find your statements quite hypocritical since the mass majority yourself included fritters away their day condemning and running down Christians. Btw, SSM was NOT the law of the law for most of this country's history and many people even in countries like the Netherlands don't support it.
None of my questions were answered, go figure.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I see, so I have to believe in a lie and become politically correct by embracing homosexual as natural and normal. Otherwise, I'm personally judging. Is that right? You know, atheists can talk down about the Bible and my faith. I don't take that as a personal judgement against me. I only do when they call me out by name and talk about me specifically. I guaranteed that if I stayed away from this forum for a month and came back, it would be exactly the same. Homosexuality or Noah's Ark would still be the hot topic and another Christian who dared defend God's Word would be put through the meat grinder. Stop acting like this is all about me.

I find your statements quite hypocritical since the mass majority yourself included fritters away their day condemning and running down Christians. Btw, SSM was NOT the law of the law for most of this country's history and many people even in countries like the Netherlands don't support it.

My question to you Jeff, with comments like these how do you expect us to act (I said act not react) towards you if you do not want us to address what you have yourself said?

Old 03-24-2016, 02:16 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
More very powerful witness, geekigurl!!!! I suspect it will not penetrate the Fundashield that protects the fundies from seeing the effects of their evil beliefs and actions toward others. You cannot say it often enough or loudly enough, NO! NO! NO! You will NOT get over it! God Bless you in Christ's love,
~Mystic
Quote:
Insulting people and calling them neanderthals is being a terrible witness. And it makes me very unlikely to give any attention to your false teachings.
Does that mean you would actually read and try to understand geekigurl's witness if I edited my post as above ??? The reality is you do not read anyone's posts if they disagree with or criticize your beliefs. I would like to see what your response would be to her witness.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:30 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Someone lives in a nice, tight, little bubble, don't they?

You have never met a friendly atheist? How do you know, Jeff? Do you question everyone you speak to? Do you live in a small community (and never go to a real city) with ONLY Christians who think like you? I have met many vile, bigoted Christians (as well as nice, normal Christians), but I don't tell people they are all like that, so why do you insist on putting every atheist and nonbeliever in a single little box? Are you so small minded that you actually believe that, or are you simply playing it up to seem like a victim? Surely no one could say with a straight face that every single atheist/nonbeliever is a mean bully.
Well you are definitely not one of them

Old 03-24-2016, 02:39 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Insulting people and calling them neanderthals is being a terrible witness. And it makes me very unlikely to give any attention to your false teachings.
I agree with this about Mystic, calling you and Vizio evil, he better stand back and look at himself. This patronizing with non-believers says to me that he has no love or belief for God whatsoever. He does not have agape love, maybe a guppie love

Old 03-24-2016, 02:43 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,385,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Well you are definitely not one of them
Says the guy on an anonymous internet forum who has never met me.... I have many Christian friends and family members who have no issue with me at all. I have even attended Christian weddings without bursting into flames in the churches. I am the godfather to not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 Christian kids.

Point being, don't pretend to know someone you clearly do not know. Also, just because I am rather pushy with my observations doesn't make me a "meanie". I am sorry if you can't hear people disagree with you without wetting your pants.

No, seriously, I lettered in 4 sports while in school and played 1 in college, so I can be a bit abrasive (locker room attitude ya know?) when stating my opinion. I can also say things a bit rudely or snarky to get a point across. You guys take things way too seriously. We aren't out to get you.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I agree with this about Mystic, calling you and Vizio evil, he better stand back and look at himself. This patronizing with non-believers says to me that he has no love or belief for God whatsoever. He does not have agape love, maybe a guppie love

I sure do not want to take your post the wrong way. Are you saying that he should not be around or associtating non believers ? That he should not be agreeing with non believers?

Old 03-24-2016, 02:57 PM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Jeff, I am an atheist and I would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it. And as an American, I would stand to the death for you to keep the right to believe what you want to believe. But I'm not seeing that from you. You, instead, would prefer that I and people like me change how we believe so it is in line with what you believe. What does that say about the difference between you and me?

When I was homeless, I was able to park in the parking lot of a church whose minister set aside several parking spaces for women living in their cars so they would have a safe place to sleep at night. I decided I wanted to do something for them in return, so when they had their Day of Hope, I volunteered to help. It didn't bother me one bit to be an atheist helping out a Christian church because I knew that by myself I could do very little, but with a group I could help much more.

Would you even consider doing something like this if an atheist group decided to hold an event to help people who are in need? And if not, why not? Please, I would really like an answer from you in regards to these questions.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:23 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Jeff, I am an atheist and I would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it. And as an American, I would stand to the death for you to keep the right to believe what you want to believe. But I'm not seeing that from you. You, instead, would prefer that I and people like me change how we believe so it is in line with what you believe. What does that say about the difference between you and me?

When I was homeless, I was able to park in the parking lot of a church whose minister set aside several parking spaces for women living in their cars so they would have a safe place to sleep at night. I decided I wanted to do something for them in return, so when they had their Day of Hope, I volunteered to help. It didn't bother me one bit to be an atheist helping out a Christian church because I knew that by myself I could do very little, but with a group I could help much more.

Would you even consider doing something like this if an atheist group decided to hold an event to help people who are in need? And if not, why not? Please, I would really like an answer from you in regards to these questions.

When they ask me who is my neighbor?

READ THIS POST

This is how a NEIGHBOR talks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality