Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2016, 12:45 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've never known a Christian that held up such a sign. I outright condemn any such person and state that their behaviors demonstrate that they are not Christians.

Now..can you say that the behaviors that we see at Pride parades are not indicative of homosexuals? The argument was that their sexuality was their identity. My argument is that humans are not animals -- we are more than our sexual desires. We do not act on them with no regards to self-control.
Really need to get out into the world...Suppose WESTBORO BAPTIST is unknown to you?

Before you scream THEY AREN'T CHRISTIAN--YES THEY ARE--if they claim to be christian, they are CHRISTIAN--no matter how badly they are behaving.

Old 03-25-2016, 12:45 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Just like all Christians aren't like WBC, not all gays are feminine or talk with a lisp.
I do appreciate that you recognize that SOME Christians aren't like the WBC inbreeds. AS I already stated, I posit that NO Christian is like them. They demonstrate by their actions they are not.

I'm sorry for my statements. It was intended to make a point though--as I said above. We are not animals. We are more than our base sexual desires. I am not a whitetail deer that jumps on the first woman I see when the time comes. The fact though, is that some gay men DO act in ways that I described and you and others have argued that sexuality is your identity.

Old 03-25-2016, 12:49 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
No he "Tebowed" all the time calling attention to himself.
Whenever Tim did that little "Tebowed" skit he looked like he was on SNL, instead of being in the NFL. I don't watch football, and I've seen his "campy for Christ" act.

Old 03-25-2016, 12:58 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
I do appreciate that you recognize that SOME Christians aren't like the WBC inbreeds. AS I already stated, I posit that NO Christian is like them. They demonstrate by their actions they are not.

I'm sorry for my statements. It was intended to make a point though--as I said above. We are not animals. We are more than our base sexual desires. I am not a whitetail deer that jumps on the first woman I see when the time comes. The fact though, is that some gay men DO act in ways that I described and you and others have argued that sexuality is your identity.
Are you attracted to women or men as emotional and sexual partners? It has nothing to do with jumping on anyone, it has to do with who you are attracted to.

Sexual orientation is PART of peoples identity, much like religious beliefs are part of a persons identity.
You said that you had no choice in being a Christian and that you were called, well I had no choice in my sexual orientation.

And yes, some gay men do act that way but there are also straight men that do as well. There are Christians that are wonderful people, and those that are holier than thou. There are women that ate prissy princesses, and women that aren't. There are men that act overly macho and those that don't.
People are individuals, and trying to paint all of any group with one wide brush is just dumb.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Are you attracted to women or men as emotional and sexual partners? It has nothing to do with jumping on anyone, it has to do with who you are attracted to.
Before I was married I was celibate. Despite my attraction to women I chose not to be sexually active.
Quote:
Sexual orientation is PART of peoples identity, much like religious beliefs are part of a persons identity.
You said that you had no choice in being a Christian and that you were called, well I had no choice in my sexual orientation.
You say that, but I'm sorry. This philosophy was not even thought of until what? 100 years or so ago? God created men and women. That's it.
Quote:
And yes, some gay men do act that way but there are also straight men that do as well. There are Christians that are wonderful people, and those that are holier than thou. There are women that ate prissy princesses, and women that aren't. There are men that act overly macho and those that don't.
People are individuals, and trying to paint all of any group with one wide brush is just dumb.
I get that. And please remember that when interacting with us. Don't use a broad brush.

Having said that, you are the one claiming sexual preference is identity--not me.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:03 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
I've never known a Christian that held up such a sign. I outright condemn any such person and state that their behaviors demonstrate that they are not Christians.

Now..can you say that the behaviors that we see at Pride parades are not indicative of homosexuals? The argument was that their sexuality was their identity. My argument is that humans are not animals -- we are more than our sexual desires. We do not act on them with no regards to self-control.
They consider themselves Christians, and think they are following the same holy book you do, so your opinion on whether they are or not is quite irrelevant.

Yes, I can say that. Not all homosexuals act like that. The majority of gay people, you wouldn't be able to pick out in a crowd. It is simply a lie to say otherwise. On the other hand, I have known some straight guys who are very feminine.

The argument is most certainly NOT that their sexuality is their identity. The argument is that it is indeed a PART of it, in the same way being a Christian is PART of yours.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:04 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
He has stated that he has a very tiny congregation and the church is beset with financial problems. Small wonder considering that's not the first time he's exposed what kind of "pastor" he is.
Yea, I wonder why his church is doing so poorly?

Old 03-25-2016, 01:07 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:

Westboro Baptist Church has made a career out of announcing at every opportunity how God hates faggs and causes all sorts of calamities because America is tolerant of them .

Oh wait . You have proclaimed them to not be real Christians . Sorry, but I don t think that job was given to you. They are self identifying Christians just like each one of you .

Old 03-25-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
They consider themselves Christians, and think they are following the same holy book you do, so your opinion on whether they are or not is quite irrelevant.
Even the most basic reading of the Bible would tell you they aren't, though.

What tenets of Christianity or teachings of Jesus do you believe involve doing the stunts they do?
Quote:
Yes, I can say that. Not all homosexuals act like that. The majority of gay people, you wouldn't be able to pick out in a crowd. It is simply a lie to say otherwise. On the other hand, I have known some straight guys who are very feminine.
Good for you. But the fact remains that many homosexual people DO act that way, as evidenced in the parades.
Quote:
The argument is most certainly NOT that their sexuality is their identity. The argument is that it is indeed a PART of it, in the same way being a Christian is PART of yours.
And I'm sorry, but I don't believe it. You disagree with me? OK.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Before I was married I was celibate. Despite my attraction to women I chose not to be sexually active.

You say that, but I'm sorry. This philosophy was not even thought of until what? 100 years or so ago? God created men and women. That's it.

I get that. And please remember that when interacting with us. Don't use a broad brush.

Having said that, you are the one claiming sexual preference is identity--not me.
You chose not to be sexually active, but you were still heterosexual since you were attracted to women.

I am claiming that sexual orientation is PART of a persons identity. There are many different parts that add up to a persons identity. Race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, personal experiences, and many other things all go into ones identity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality