Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2016, 08:06 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
More venom here. Digusting comments. You don't know anything about my personal life to tell me that I'm not a Christian. I don't seek to attack or discriminate against anyone. Get off the high horse. You are not the pinnacle of morality. There are many good caring Bible believing Christians out there who love and help people. We just stand firm on God's word which clearly teaches that homosexuality is a sin. If society was demanding that I accept incest as natural and normal, I would be just as vocal against that.
Jeff it is really petty to go after a small minority of people. The Bible doesn't seem to give homosexuality much weight, and yet you have some inner need to rail against gay people every day. Does your behavior make you the pinnacle of morality? If someone who was not familiar with the Bible were to read your anti-gay posts, you would lead him to believe that the Bible is nothing more than a primer for gay hatred.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:06 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
More venom here. Digusting comments. You don't know anything about my personal life to tell me that I'm not a Christian. I don't seek to attack or discriminate against anyone. Get off the high horse. You are not the pinnacle of morality. There are many good caring Bible believing Christians out there who love and help people. We just stand firm on God's word which clearly teaches that homosexuality is a sin. If society was demanding that I accept incest as natural and normal, I would be just as vocal against that.
1) The majority of your "good caring bible-believers are selective in whom they care for.
2) your kind of Christians are selective in their biblical "understanding" understanding it as did the Pharisees--not the Spirit of Jesus regarding Scripture.
3). Comparing homosexual love to incest, pedophilia, and bestiality indicates the depth of your own sinfulness.
4). Do you need proof? Just look at the response from the non-believer to your "witness." Still driving people away from a loving God. That's following Jesus' command, alright.

Nice way to celebrate Resurrection Sunday.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:10 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
How about--HATE and BIGOTRY certainly are not christian traits..both of which you appear to harbor against the LGBT people?

When YOU actively work to prevent others from having access to the same RIGHTS (the 14th amendment) as YOU have, you are DISCRIMINATING even when you attempt to use the bible to justify that bigotry.

SHOW us ONE example of where Jesus treated someone DIFFERENTLY just because they were not in line with his ministry or considered an outsider?

In fact, Jesus made it a point to show that we are to treat EVERYONE the same, even if they are a Samaritan...

Old 03-27-2016, 09:18 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Then by GOD, let God do something and the rest of the bigoted haters can get on with their inconsequential lives.
Ok as long as you stop forcing Christian business owners to deal with same sex marriages.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:30 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Ok as long as you stop forcing Christian business owners to deal with same sex marriages.
Should Christian businesses be allowed to refuse service to someone who yells "Oh my God!" when they stub their toe while walking in the front door?

Why does one sin get all the attention?

Old 03-27-2016, 09:38 AM

16,672 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
How would you propose to make that happen? (Remember, it was the baker in question that brought the issue into the public arena, not the happy newlyweds.) Were the customers supposed to read the minds of the bakers before they walked into the shop?

Old 03-27-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Jeff it is really petty to go after a small minority of people. The Bible doesn't seem to give homosexuality much weight, and yet you have some inner need to rail against gay people every day. Does your behavior make you the pinnacle of morality? If someone who was not familiar with the Bible were to read your anti-gay posts, you would lead him to believe that the Bible is nothing more than a primer for gay hatred.
The Bible gives about as much weight as it can against homosexuality. It is described as an abomination, defiled the land, destroyed nations, unnatural, and people who engage in it with no inherit the kingdom of God. I can throw it back on you and say you have some inner need to rail against Bible believing Christians on a daily basis. And your side throws up like two pages of responses to every small comment I make.

The things of God are good. They do not have consequences. One only has to dig back a few years before all the PC whitewash campaign to find that promoting a homosexual lifestyle for society is not good and therefore, God did not design it.

Quote:

A growing body of research documents multiple health disparities adversely affecting lesbian and bisexual women. Compared to heterosexual women, lesbians have been found to have higher body mass index (BMI)1–6 and greater alcohol use,3–5, 7–10 smoking,1, 3–5, 8, 11, 12 and depressive symptoms.3, 4, 13, 14 Little is known about the causes of observed disparities in health risks, but one underlying factor may be heightened risk for violence victimization in childhood experienced by lesbian and bisexual women.
Disparities in Child Abuse Victimization in Lesbian, Bisexual, and Heterosexual Women in the Nurses

It is not hate or pettiness to speak up when we see our religious freedoms be quickly degraded under this
one sided broad scope banner of discrimination law that you want to favor only one side. It is not hate or pettiness to speak the truth that this is sin and a destructive lifestyle.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Should Christian businesses be allowed to refuse service to someone who yells "Oh my God!" when they stub their toe while walking in the front door?

Why does one sin get all the attention?
Nope we just don't want to get involved with same sex marriage. Why the need to complicate it?

Old 03-27-2016, 09:46 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
The government does not acknowledge the religious affiliation of business owners. Christian business owners who serve the general public, must abide by the same laws as other business owners.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:46 AM

261 posts, read 156,683 times
Quote:
Nope we just don't want to get involved with same sex marriage. Why the need to complicate it?
A sick bigoted comment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality