Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2016, 11:16 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The Bible gives about as much weight as it can against homosexuality. It is described as an abomination, defiled the land, destroyed nations, unnatural, and people who engage in it with no inherit the kingdom of God. I can throw it back on you and say you have some inner need to rail against Bible believing Christians on a daily basis. And your side throws up like two pages of responses to every small comment I make.

The things of God are good. They do not have consequences. One only has to dig back a few years before all the PC whitewash campaign to find that promoting a homosexual lifestyle for society is not good and therefore, God did not design it.

Disparities in Child Abuse Victimization in Lesbian, Bisexual, and Heterosexual Women in the Nurses

It is not hate or pettiness to speak up when we see our religious freedoms be quickly degraded under this
one sided broad scope banner of discrimination law that you want to favor only one side. It is not hate or pettiness to speak the truth that this is sin and a destructive lifestyle.
The derogatory words you use, would not come from a loving god. Your Bible is filled with stories written only by mortals, not god, not Jesus, and the book is riddled with ancient superstition. Thankfully, and much to your dismay, we do not live under Biblical rule.

Nobody is promoting a homosexual lifestyle, because there is no such thing as a homosexual lifestyle. Why is it so hard to understand that people are born gay, and want equal treatment? If your god didn't create homosexuals, then there must be another higher power out there.

Because most of society has become accepting of gay people, I think we are going to see a lot less victimization of homosexuals, and all the negative byproducts associated with demeaning a specific minority group.

Learn to love Jeff, learn to love. Happy Easter.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:21 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Jeff

So we make homosexuality illegal and your world, or at least your country is good again? You are the one advocating for special discrimination AGAINST homosexuals. That they get discriminated, beaten, murdered is all upon them because they do not follow God's word the way you read it? And that any Christian that does not agree with you is an atheist?

What need do you or anyone else have for homosexuals to either live their lives a lie or to become celibrate? Making life miserable for young gays and lesbians is good for the community? Yes you love everyone if they would only become a fundamental Christian and to be more like yourself.

What you have said to folks like Geekigurl and Sharina are cruel, you just do not see it. Accusing every person of faith that differs from you of being an atheist is trying to demonize them. Your support for gays is simply telling them they are sinful and will go to hell if they don't stop being gay and you use any kind of twisted intrepetation of data or articles to show how bad or evil they are.

I took the time to read the article you posted. I even took the time to condemn the comments you claim were made against the baker which I now find out may not of even happen. But you post an anti gay or anti atheist thread and do not have the time to check if they are true or not? The abuse, depression and suicide is not because they are gay, it is because they are not accepted but their community, friends family or by their church. Your solution to make them less acceptable is not going to assist them.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:22 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Someone threatening to violate their son with a broken bottle is sick and extremely cruel. Offering to just shoot him in the head would be merciful by comparison.
If someone threatened my son that way, you can bet that I'd have the police on the case, and yet no public record exists of any reported threats against the family with local law enforcement....I think those threats were just made up out of thin air....

Old 03-27-2016, 11:23 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,214,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Has anything in this case, as reported, even mentioned atheists? I read 3 different reports of the incident and I didn't even see the word "atheist" once.
Of course it had to be atheists....they are the only ones that would stoop so low to push their homosapien agenda, taught by their thespian mothers (thanks cupper!), running around like a bunch of primates and practicing their satanic yoga.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:29 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
The Bible gives about as much weight as it can against homosexuality. It is described as an abomination, defiled the land, destroyed nations, unnatural, and people who engage in it with no inherit the kingdom of God. I can throw it back on you and say you have some inner need to rail against Bible believing Christians on a daily basis. And your side throws up like two pages of responses to every small comment I make.
What do gays say about your message of "love" for them?
Quote:
Gay rights campaigner Dan Savage said the idea that churches send out an anti-gay message "totally jibes with my experience and that of millions of other gay and lesbian people." He cited Joel Burns, a Forth Worth, Texas, city councilman whose emotional tale of being bullied as a young gay man went viral on the internet.

"He remembers being told to go home and commit suicide and that he was going to hell," Savage said, adding that the source of such attitudes "wasn't in algebra."

Leaders of the Christian right "have redefined Christianity so that it is about being anti-gay," he said.
Churches contribute to gay suicides, most Americans believe – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs
Many of the LGBTQ community have given up on God because bigots fail to preach Good News.

Quote:
The things of God are good. They do not have consequences. One only has to dig back a few years before all the PC whitewash campaign to find that promoting a homosexual lifestyle for society is not good and therefore, God did not design it.

Disparities in Child Abuse Victimization in Lesbian, Bisexual, and Heterosexual Women in the Nurses
In the website YOU gave us, it provides information not that lesbian and bisexual women are abusers, but that they WERE abused--most likely as the result of the cultural message of hate spewed from too many evangelical churches.
Quote:
In a study of sexual minority youth who had disclosed their orientation to family members, youth reported targeted victimization because of their sexual orientation: 28% reported verbal abuse and 5% reported physical attack by a mother, while 19% reported verbal abuse and 5% reported physical attack by a father; abuse perpetrated by brothers and sisters was also reported.27, 28 In addition, Balsam et al. found lesbian, gay, and bisexual (LGB) siblings were more likely than heterosexual siblings in the same family to report being targeted for abuse.25

Quote:
It is not hate or pettiness to speak up when we see our religious freedoms be quickly degraded under this one sided broad scope banner of discrimination law that you want to favor only one side. It is not hate or pettiness to speak the truth that this is sin and a destructive lifestyle.
It is disobedient to Jesus to even claim that you have any rights as a Christian:
Quote:
Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. "Treat others the same way you want them to treat you.
Luke 6:30-31

Indeed, if the 'christians' bakers had been christian, they would have baked TWO cakes. Instead they displayed pride and arrogance, something you have continually demonstrated to people trying to say "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's."

Old 03-27-2016, 03:16 PM

11,020 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If someone threatened my son that way, you can bet that I'd have the police on the case, and yet no public record exists of any reported threats against the family with local law enforcement....I think those threats were just made up out of thin air....
This was my first thought. These threats and attacks do not seem to fit in with how gay people behave. In fact, the behavior being reported sounds like Christian fundamentalist behavior!

Old 03-27-2016, 03:34 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
This was my first thought. These threats and attacks do not seem to fit in with how gay people behave. In fact, the behavior being reported sounds like Christian fundamentalist behavior!
Jeff is using the article to bear false witness about his LGBTQ brothers and sisters. Jeff claims to love his LGBTQ brothers and sisters in his "real" life. But, he is most truthful here. There is no love. ,,, sigh

Old 03-27-2016, 08:24 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
God created male and female. He created woman for man.
Think about why you think of your God as a "He".

Old 03-27-2016, 08:31 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Think about why you think of your God as a "He".
Exactly!

The most fundamental flaw, How did Adam give birth to woman, via rib bone?

Being that WOMEN give birth, wouldn't it make sense that Eve made Adam?

It's the witch came first, the chicken or the egg?

Creation story of humans via bible is a cluster **** of WTF!?

What if "God" created MAN for WOMAN? How different would the world be?

Old 03-27-2016, 08:52 PM

6,793 posts, read 2,904,212 times
What always tickled me was that God had decided that Adam needed a helper. Not a wife, mind, but a helper. So, where was the first place God looked to find a helper for Adam? He checked out the animals that He'd created - you know ...the giraffe, the elephant, the rhinoceros, the hippopotamus, etc. However, God couldn't seem to find a suitable helper for Adam among them. Can you imagine if God HAD found a suitable helper among the animals who Eve might have been?

It's a cute story anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality