Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 02:07 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
There you go, it was those darn carpenter ants or termites. So, the anteaters were just a defense mechanism against the ark falling apart.

It WAS all according to gawd's plan. Who knew?
Satan put the ants in there so he could have you as His Own, cupper. It's all part of the plan, like you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 02:19 PM

Years ago there was an art gallery downtown NYC, and they had this beautiful series of three or four paintings of the Noah story. I really wanted one of them for my then-young daughter's room, but I didn't have the money--they were a few hundred bucks apiece, and I didn't have it to spend on artwork. My very favorite was one entitled, "The Call", and it was a white-bearded Noah standing on a hill next to his ark, staff raised high, and the animals coming in from all different directions. Lots of color.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:26 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Years ago there was an art gallery downtown NYC, and they had this beautiful series of three or four paintings of the Noah story. I really wanted one of them for my then-young daughter's room, but I didn't have the money--they were a few hundred bucks apiece, and I didn't have it to spend on artwork. My very favorite was one entitled, "The Call", and it was a white-bearded Noah standing on a hill next to his ark, staff raised high, and the animals coming in from all different directions. Lots of color.

But the question is, were the zebras the same 'kind' as horses? Which one really made it on the ark. If it was horses, where did the stripes come from later, and if it was the zebras, why did the horses lose them?

Or was it was it that Genesis 30:39 thing, where striped animals came from mating in front of branches. Oh, the possibilities. Good thing that humans never mate in from of branches. Naaaa.. .that never happens. Ever. Right?

Old 03-23-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
My guess would be they ate ants.

The Bible actually says they took 7 pairs of many animals. And nowhere does it suggest that they didn't take other animals for food.
That's not how your favorite reference site, CARM describes it.

https://carm.org/bible-difficulties/...k-two-or-seven

Old 03-23-2016, 02:30 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
But the question is, were the zebras the same 'kind' as horses? Which one really made it on the ark. If it was horses, where did the stripes come from later, and if it was the zebras, why did the horses lose them?

Or was it was it that Genesis 30:39 thing, where striped animals came from mating in front of branches. Oh, the possibilities. Good thing that humans never mate in from of branches. Naaaa.. .that never happens. Ever. Right?
The same way that human beings are all different shades now. God might have originally created black people, based on what we know. As people moved to other parts of the world, those that had particular body traits tended to survive and live longer. They are not different kinds of beings, they are all human, but they lost some genetic traits or some genetic traits were reinforced. In the same way, horses, or the ancestor of horses and zebras likely thrived in Africa where the stripes served as camo and confused predators, but the same patterns did not benfit them in other areas.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a story my father once told me about a white woman with a white husband who gave birth to a black baby. She said it was because when she was pregnant, a black man had come up her walk and scared her.

Unless "scare" is an obscure term for something else...

Old 03-23-2016, 02:33 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
That's not how your favorite reference site, CARM describes it.

https://carm.org/bible-difficulties/...k-two-or-seven
Good for CARM.

But what's your confusion? I see the same thing. God said to take 7 pairs of the clean animals, 2 of the unclean. As the article points out, God simply said to preserve them...there is no mention of ONLY bringing that many and not bringing any for food.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:33 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
You believe in unicorns? Really?

I bet you also believe in fairies and flying spaghetti monsters, and evolution, too!
And creation and the flood and Noah and his ark.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
And creation and the flood and Noah and his ark.
And talking donkeys, you forgot about the talking donkeys.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:37 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
You believe in unicorns? Really?

I bet you also believe in fairies and flying spaghetti monsters, and evolution, too!
The belief that all land animals on earth could fit onto the ark is no less absurd than fairies and unicorns.

And thanks for displaying your willful ignorance about evolution yet again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality