Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 03:37 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Kind is not a set level. It's where ever you need it to be and can be completely arbitrary. A distinction of convenience.
How so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 04:04 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
How so?
That was explained to you. Ring species can produce variants of a common ancestor that can come to look different and cannot interbreed ( I remind you that Kent Hovind at least has accepted this as a fact). Then they are given a different species name or perhaps sub -species name. This is nothing to do with interbreeding and hybrids as you Creation article argued. Thus the Biblical "Kinds" as the article says can roughly correspond with species, but it doesn't work very well. It is nothing to do with evolution.

Yep, Ci accepts it. Others dicker with it but it seems that it is something that Creationists do accept happens. They argue that they are still the same "Kind" but ignore the examples where they don't fit that criterion.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:31 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
I don't know.

Gorillas cannot breed offspring with humans therefore Gorillas are a different "kind" than the human "kind."

Apes and chimps are two different kinds because and Ape cannot make offspring with Chimps.
There's no such thing as an ape 'kind'. Humans are one 'kind' of ape. Chimps are another 'kind' of ape.

We should stop playing their game and stop using the term 'kind'.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:46 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Evolution Evidence for Dummies

This is so basic that a child would get it. Euse a full grown man can't even grasp it.

Old 06-12-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
There's no such thing as an ape 'kind'. Humans are one 'kind' of ape. Chimps are another 'kind' of ape.

We should stop playing their game and stop using the term 'kind'.
No, a "kind" in the Bible is described as that which can breed and create offspring with its own kind.

If humans were of the ape kind, the human and ape would be able to breed an offspring.

Trees in Genesis can only reproduce with trees of its own kind. An apple tree kind cannot be bred with an olive tree kind and produce fruit.

You need to play the game correctly or you are disqualified.

Old 06-12-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Evolution Evidence for Dummies

This is so basic that a child would get it. Euse a full grown man can't even grasp it.
Yep, it is for dummies. I'm no dummy. That's why evolution isn't for me. You fall into the dummy category.

Old 06-12-2016, 06:16 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
No, a "kind" in the Bible is described as that which can breed and create offspring with its own kind.

If humans were of the ape kind, the human and ape would be able to breed an offspring.
Again, then how do you explain speciation under this definition?

Let me guess you will always move the 'kind' goal posts to avoid being shown wrong. Your definition fits what is known as a biological species and we have observed speciation.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Again, then how do you explain speciation under this definition?

Let me guess you will always move the 'kind' goal posts to avoid being shown wrong. Your definition fits what is known as a biological species and we have observed speciation.
The Bible is concerned with "kinds" created by God.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:14 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Yep, it is for dummies. I'm no dummy. That's why evolution isn't for me. You fall into the dummy category.
What am I a dummy about?

That link is for Evolutionary illiterate folks...that being you of course.

It's a brief summary of the evidence that supports the theory of evolution by natural selection.

A person who can handle evidence is a person who can't handle reality and thus lives in a world of delusion.

The awesome thing about Science is that it's true, whether you believe in it or not.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:22 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
The word 'kind' is used in the story of creation because it was intended for young kids just like Alice in Wonderland and any other child's story. One wouldn't use big words like species and phylum in a kids story book.

Getting past that, of course humans can mate with an ape and produce offspring. Just as long as the other ape is a human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality