Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2016, 01:57 PM

10,998 posts, read 5,961,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear lurkers, just a heads up on the picture and what 303Guy said concerning it.

1. He is merely assuming humans evolved from such a primate
2. He does not have any proof humans evolved from such a primate
3. One should not rely on the say-so of 303Guy that such is the case humans evolved from a primate.
4. 303Guy needs to actually scientifically prove humans evolved from that specific primate. Suggesting human DNA has similarities to a primate won't prove it because humans share DNA similarities to the banana by about 50%. So did humans evolve from a banana?

Maybe this is 303Guy's ancestor:
OK, so here's the deal, you prove the bible is an historical document and I'll prove chimps and humans came from such a primate. Deal? And being the gentleman that I am, I'll allow you to go first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 03:44 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,947,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You are again talking of Proof rather than evidence. It is the 100% fallacy again. Same as the 'specific primate' argument. The Fossil and DNA and morphological evidence suggests lines of descent. It doesn't pinpoint specific ancestors. We share 50% DNA with the banana. So there is a common ancestor in there somewhere. Back where cells became either plant or animal
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Thanks for the great laugh! No, really, you made my day!

So at one point in time there was no life on our planet at all and by golly, somehow, with a stroke of luck, some chemicals got together and decided to make a single cell with a four bit coding system huge enough to fill a large book and all the coding has to be in place right when that cell is created so all the incredible machinery inside the cell all works together perfectly.

That is akin to a builder leaving all the building materials outside and a tornado comes along and whips all the materials together and all the windows, electric lines, siding and all the shingles have each nail perfectly aligned. Wow! I'm almost a believer! Not.

Now you might reply: "That's not how it works." And you would say that without a shred of proof just like all the other stuff you post on evolution. Now to be fair, I really do appreciate the majority of your posts on other topics. But really, evolution just isn't your forte'. I don't say that to be smug as if I know it all. I surely don't. But I know B.S. when I see it.

Old 04-23-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
OK, so here's the deal, you prove the bible is an historical document and I'll prove chimps and humans came from such a primate. Deal? And being the gentleman that I am, I'll allow you to go first.
Just read the Old Testament and New Testament and get a whole slew of history and archeological books and prove it to yourself.

Old 04-23-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
All species are transitional.

Except all species.

Old 04-23-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
You calling me a fruit!
A banana is actually a berry. But it is a fruit too.

Quote:
Eusie just shot himself in the foot there. That proves all life began as a single celled organism. Yeah, I know. "Evidence". Just using Eusies words.
No, it actually proves that God, being the great architect and creator that He is, uses a lot of the same building material rather than starting from scratch with wholly different material. Pretty wise God if you ask me.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Just read the Old Testament and New Testament and get a whole slew of history and archeological books and prove it to yourself.
You can't prove it can you? I on the other hand can prove the common ancestor. You can't prove your claim because it is false.

My turn. All you have to do is get a number of appropriate books and study them for yourself.

Quote:
A banana is actually a berry. But it is a fruit too.
It went over your head. Fruit!

Avocado is also a berry. Depending on who you ask. Raspberries are not berries.

berry
ˈbɛri/Submit
noun
a small roundish juicy fruit without a stone.
"juniper berries"

Old 04-23-2016, 04:22 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,246,632 times
Quote:
No, it actually proves that God, being the great architect and creator that He is, uses a lot of the same building material rather than starting from scratch with wholly different material. Pretty wise God if you ask me.
I would never consider some invisible man created thing hoisted up as a "god", as a great architect and creator; especially when you take into consideration that the planet is full of humans who lack cognitive functioning, who are prone to disease and death, who are born with detrimental genetic mutations, who's eyes/brain cannot discern optical illusions from reality, who don't have the physical ability to exist in 71% of Earths surface (the ocean), who take longer to ween away from their parents, much longer than any other mammal.

Humans are a pretty poor design compared to other mammals.

And most certainly a poor design compared to plants who can make their own food and make use of the damaging CO2, while at the same time generating Oxygen.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:48 PM

50,083 posts, read 20,655,401 times
Quote:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Thanks for the great laugh! No, really, you made my day!

So at one point in time there was no life on our planet at all and by golly, somehow, with a stroke of luck, some chemicals got together and decided to make a single cell with a four bit coding system huge enough to fill a large book and all the coding has to be in place right when that cell is created so all the incredible machinery inside the cell all works together perfectly.

That is akin to a builder leaving all the building materials outside and a tornado comes along and whips all the materials together and all the windows, electric lines, siding and all the shingles have each nail perfectly aligned. Wow! I'm almost a believer! Not.

Now you might reply: "That's not how it works." And you would say that without a shred of proof just like all the other stuff you post on evolution. Now to be fair, I really do appreciate the majority of your posts on other topics. But really, evolution just isn't your forte'. I don't say that to be smug as if I know it all. I surely don't. But I know B.S. when I see it.
I am truly disappointed that you have nothing better than the miserable old 'whirlwind in a junkyard' fallacy.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:

Yup. It's like Orwell Wright one day deciding to build an F22 Raptor.

What Orwell Wright actually did was to build the worlds most primitive airplane ever. From then on, aircraft evolved into the most incredibly complex machines we have today.

Even then, The wright brothers didn't just build a flying machine. They built a few proto-flying machines - gliders - first.

Even then, they built these machines from materials that already existed.

The tornado in a junk yard is actually more credible than a breath over a mound of clay.

Last edited by 303Guy; 04-23-2016 at 05:23 PM..

Old 04-23-2016, 05:23 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,507,984 times
Quote:
Except all species.

Not the first time you've been wrong, I'm sure.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality