Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:34 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Actually, Romans 10:8-9 makes no mention of the Trinity or of any of the other things you are saying it does. I believe everything that Romans 10:8-9 states.
How do you know? If it doesn't say those things, it obviously isn't referring to them. That is totally a no-brainer, Vizio!
And you seriously think I give a damn whether you want to call me a sister in Christ? Why would I care what you think when I know what God thinks? God's totally okay with who I am, Vizio, and the day will come when that will be crystal clear to you. I won't expect an apology until then, but when I see you in Heaven, you're going to feel really, really awkward and ashamed of how you judged me.
I am afraid Vizio will have to endure quite a bit more than shame and awkwardness before he will be refined enough to stand beside you in heaven, Katz. He carries a heavy burden not just for his own misguided un-love but for all those who follow him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 09:41 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am afraid Vizio will have to endure quite a bit more than shame and awkwardness before he will be refined enough to stand beside you in heaven, Katz.
Well, I'm flattered by your kind words, Mystic. Truthfully, I don't see any of us as being good enough to judge any of the rest of us. I've got to give him credit for one thing, though... I don't think I've ever seen anyone who is quite as creative in interpreting what the Bible says as Vizio is.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:55 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Well, I'm flattered by your kind words, Mystic. Truthfully, I don't see any of us as being good enough to judge any of the rest of us. I've got to give him credit for one thing, though... I don't think I've ever seen anyone who is quite as creative in interpreting what the Bible says as Vizio is.
So it is not only this atheist who perceives that Vizio's interpretation of much of the bible is, as you so aptly put it, 'creative'?

Old 04-07-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
So it is not only this atheist who perceives that Vizio's interpretation of much of the bible is, as you so aptly put it, 'creative'?
If there is anyone on this forum who agrees with Vizio's interpretation of scripture, they have yet to come out of the closet.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:38 PM

249 posts, read 188,698 times
Quote:
You have certainly added a bunch of human-derived nonsense there, Vizio, especially the bold. You actually believe Jesus was NOT born despite the nativity narrative???? You believe that to have the essence of God Jesus has to BE God in some absurd Trinitarian mishmash of mysterious hypostatic nonsense and kenotic balderdash??? You are so mired in the fictitious human-created narrative and belief system drummed up in ancient ignorance around Jesus and His Gospel that you cannot possibly see the truth.

By no means am I defending Vizio but my guess is he believes Jesus wasn't born in the literal sense because the bible says Jesus was conceived in Mary's womb by the holy spirit-without the seed of her husband-so that made Mary a virgin.
We all know a woman can't possibly be a virgin if she gives birth to a baby.
Anyway that's my interpretation of 1 of the most famous elaborated fairy tales of the entire bible.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindance maggie View Post
By no means am I defending Vizio but my guess is he believes Jesus wasn't born in the literal sense because the bible says Jesus was conceived in Mary's womb by the holy spirit-without the seed of her husband-so that made Mary a virgin.
You're confusing conception with birth. Jesus could have been "born in the literal sense" regardless of how He was conceived. I think Vizio actually does believe that Jesus was "born." He just got lost in the emotion of his rant against me and said something about Jesus not being born that he probably didn't think through.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:27 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
I am afraid Vizio will have to endure quite a bit more than shame and awkwardness before he will be refined enough to stand beside you in heaven, Katz. He carries a heavy burden not just for his own misguided un-love but for all those who follow him.
Quote:
Well, I'm flattered by your kind words, Mystic. Truthfully, I don't see any of us as being good enough to judge any of the rest of us.
We are NOT to judge anyone else, Katz, but it is his very judgmentalism that is part of the heavy burden he carries, IMO.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
We are NOT to judge anyone else, Katz, but it is his very judgmentalism that is part of the heavy burden he carries, IMO.
Yes, it is. But what I find to be the saddest part of all is how little he seems to understand about God's love. If He realized how infinite and perfect and unconditional God's love for all His children really is, maybe he would be able to let go of the negative feelings he has for almost everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality