Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2016, 03:42 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times

Advertisements

Some people have loony ideas as this one is it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 04:55 AM

261 posts, read 156,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Some people have loony ideas as this one is it

Yeh especially fundie Christians, their Biblical literalism is really crazy.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:23 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Classic Jeff - he either didn't even read the very paragraphs he block-quoted, or he didn't understand them (or, quite probably, both).

The Biblical flood fantasy is a fantasy of genocide that is celebrated by many Christians.

That's the point, Jeff.

Duh...
Even if that were true, $150 million is basically a celebration of waste.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:25 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Even if that were true, $150 million is basically a celebration of waste.
How about the millions for the 'Creation Museum'? Was that a waste?

Old 04-10-2016, 06:26 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Why are you even arguing about the nature of someone you claim doesn't exist? Again, you don't have all the facts of the situation. You just assume that there was a better way to resolve the situation. If God had done nothing, none of us would be breathing here right now. But you claim it was nothing more than a temper trantrum. Do you EVER give accountability to man? Man goes out and commits murder and that's God's fault too, apparently.
Now that's ironic. Do you ever give accountability to your God? He supposedly punishes all of humanity for the sins of a single couple. He supposedly sends a flood to kill off all humans, including children and babies, using one of the most horrendous and most agonizing means of dying. He supposedly sent his "son" to suffer and die to atone for the sins he imposed on humanity when he could've just as easily forgiven everyone with a snap of a finger. How about ask some accountability from your omni-"everything" God?

Old 04-10-2016, 06:38 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
How about the millions for the 'Creation Museum'? Was that a waste?
I didn't build it. I wasn't in support of building it. Therein lies the difference. Atheists seem to have no apologies for this narcissistic garbage. Or for the many historical museums made from churches that use all their emergy trying to condemn Christians for being on the wrong side of history.

Okay then. What are your contributions to LGBT rights? How have you helped blacks and whites live in equality? How have you supported women? (My church has helped all of these causes)

No answer? Then give back the $150 million on your sick monument. Don't care if it is a parody. You have nothing better to offer, and the secular world have had a few genocides themselves.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:01 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
I didn't build it. I wasn't in support of building it.
I didn't say you were. I asked you a simple question. Was the money spent on it a waste...in your opinion.
Quote:
Therein lies the difference. Atheists seem to have no apologies for this narcissistic garbage.
..and the Creation museum isn't narcissistic garbage huh?

Quote:
Okay then. What are your contributions to LGBT rights?
I recently went to Ireland at my own expense and tramped the streets in the cold and the pouring rain to canvas a 'Yes' vote for LGBT to have the right to marry and receive the same benefits as the rest of us.

Quote:
How have you helped blacks and whites live in equality?
Other than voice my desire that they should...not a lot.

Quote:
How have you supported women?
By not opposing their right to be equal and have the same benefits as men.

Quote:
(My church has helped all of these causes)
Yes...I have had first-hand experience of churches helping in Africa. Food bowl in one hand and Bible in the other. The people I was there with were there because we wanted to be...not for the chance of a couple of converts.

Quote:
No answer?
Yeah, I've answered...and I'd bet you a dollar to a cent that I have spent more time and more money in helping in my life than you have done, or would ever do if you dedicated the rest of your life to it. If you want to know what that was then feel free to ask via PM.

Quote:
Then give back the $150 million on your sick monument.
Are you going to give back the $27 million it took to build your sick monument?

Quote:
... and the secular world have had a few genocides themselves.
Really? Just how many wars have there been in the name of atheism? When we have killed as many people in the name of atheism as have been killed in the name of JtC we'll have cause to hang our heads in shame.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:40 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'd encourage you to take a look at my conversation here with NoCapo. It'll clear up my position. We've been going on for pages now.
Your "argument" is just semantics; you find it necessary because otherwise you must face the reality that the God of the Bible is a monster. You prefer denial.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:24 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
How about you selling all your possessions and giving the money to the poor...you know...like your JtC said you should do... huh Jeff huh?
If you knew how to read the Bible from a spiritual perspective then you would know that Jesus never really gave us this directive.

Quote:

...because it demonstrates to the world just how dangerous people like you and Vizio are.
The world needs more people like us who believe in loving your neighbor and forgiveness. The world doesn't need people who are rude and nasty to others.

Quote:

You wouldn't recognise a 'fact' if it bit you on the arse.
Just another throwaway insult.

Quote:

Well, the situation shouldn't have existed in the first place should it? An allegedly omnimax deity would have done the job properly in the first place.
Why is it God's responsibility to ensure nothing negative ever happens?

Quote:

Yes it is. Anyone that is fully able to prevent something but chooses otherwise must be held accountable. How would it be if I saw your wife about to be raped when I was in a position to prevent it but didn't. What would you think about that?
People kill others every day with their vehicles. Should God take over everyone's body and force them to drive safely? How much interference are you demanding from God in our lives?

Old 04-10-2016, 04:44 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If you knew how to read the Bible from a spiritual perspective then you would know that Jesus never really gave us this directive.

The world needs more people like us who believe in loving your neighbor and forgiveness. The world doesn't need people who are rude and nasty to others.

Just another throwaway insult.

Why is it God's responsibility to ensure nothing negative ever happens?

People kill others every day with their vehicles. Should God take over everyone's body and force them to drive safely? How much interference are you demanding from God in our lives?
Silly to think this, after all, just was just a joke, one step shy of a lie...

Because everything Jesus said that is DIFFICULT and DEMANDING of us, those are the sections meant for people 2000 years ago--all the other stuff that is used for HATE and BIGOTRY applies today and is ammunition for evangelicals to use against those who make them feel uncomfortable by teaching Jesus is LOVE, MERCY, JUSTICE and COMPASSION...

Wouldn't it be nice if the evangelical would TRY to be loving and practice forgiveness--but first they must admit their own short-falls and stop thumping their chests and step down from that pedestal the believe gittb has placed them on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality