Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 04:57 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,696,750 times

Advertisements

Why halal-slaugters should be allowed for the religious reasons but same done by satanists is a crime?

There where it is a crime of course...

I am not speaking for satanist and I am not a one but I don't understand hypocrite society which claims that it is total ok to cut throw from animal and let it bleed to death if religious matter but when satanist are doing that it is a crime..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 07:50 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,784,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Why halal-slaugters should be allowed for the religious reasons but same done by satanists is a crime?

I am not speaking for satanist and I am not a one but I don't understand hypocrite society which claims that it is total ok to cut throw from animal and let it bleed to death if religious matter but when satanist are doing that it is a crime..

Is it a crime for someone to slaughter an animal in a religious ritual where you live? I am not sure that any of the formalized satanic churches, in the US anyway, do animal sacrifice. Here in the US, if it is a genuine religious ritual, one would have a strong case for it.

I mean various forms of Voudoun or Hoodo may have animal sacrifice as part of their faith, Both Muslims and Jews have specific ( and almost identical) requirements for how animals must be ritually slaughtered.

As far as the methods for killing animals specified by the rules for hallal or kosher foods, they are arguably no more inhumane than conventional slaughterhouses, and if applied conscientiously, can be significantly less so. Dr Temple Grandin did a lot of really valuable research to help ensure a quick, minimal pain, humane death for these animals, which after all, was the point of the laws in the first place.

-NoCapo

Old 04-10-2016, 05:29 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,327,161 times
As far as I know, Satanists do not perform animal sacrifice except in schlocky 70s B films.

The Jewish and Muslim religion do have ritual slaughter which is different from ritual sacrifice, thought the end result, meat for the table, is the same.

Several traditional/indigenous religions do practice, if not mandate, ritual sacrifice. It is common in Voodoo, while in Asatru it is rare except among some rural practitioners who are usually involved in animal agriculture.

Finally, as far as it goes in the Unites States, I think if a self proclaimed Satanist wants to ritually harvest an animal, as long as no laws regarding humane animal treatment are broken, it is a non issue. My next door neighbor, right here in the city, had chickens for years. He slaughtered them frequently enough. I thought he was atheist or maybe a nominal Christian, but he may have been whispering to Satan beforehe took his knife to the chicken's neck :-)

Old 04-10-2016, 05:39 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,006,759 times
Quote:

Halal is not sacrifice but the way in which an animal is to be slaughtered for food...

Old 04-10-2016, 05:55 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,368,134 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Halal is not sacrifice but the way in which an animal is to be slaughtered for food...
Maybe some education is in order here~~ Just because there's suspicion and fear of Muslim tradition..it's been a very long tradition among other religions to have some sort of method acceptable to their belief system.

But speaking from the POV of knowing how Butcher's have been slaughter ..I was kind a struck by the OP's post Obviously has no idea how those steaks, chickens, Turkey's, Goat, Lamb or any other Meat is obtained for consumption for those that live a protein diet!! Yikes!!

Here's one link..But really in truly..some folks really should look into just how their meat purchased at the grocery store ever gets there ~~

What exactly does the halal method of animal slaughter involve? | Life and style | The Guardian
Quote:
But contrary to what many assume, most animals killed by halal methods are stunned before slaughter. FSA estimates suggest that 88% of animals in the UK killed by halal methods were stunned beforehand in a way that many Muslims find religiously acceptable.
Quote:
The Jewish method of slaughter called shechita cannot involve pre-slaughter stunning at all. Its proponents say the technique learned by practitioners over seven years of training meets the European Union's requirement for stunning in that it brings insensitivity to pain and distress. They argue that a surgically sharp instrument, twice the width of the animal's neck and known as the chalaf, is sufficient because of the speed and expertise with which is applied.
I wonder if OP would suggest "Satanism Cult-like practice" knowing just how Meat gets to their table..regardless of what religion the "Butcher" is or the consumer's religion?????????? I guessing that Vegan Diet may just be in the offing for them

ETA~~ Thought I would add this link~~
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_slaughter

Last edited by Lyndarn; 04-10-2016 at 06:06 PM..

Old 04-11-2016, 12:38 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,058,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
what do you think is done with the carcass of an animal sacrifice in most historical and modern "animal sacrifice" religions?

Halal is meant to get you in Allah's good side, by properly and ritualistically/methodically killing an animal in a way that is honorable to Allah by following some sort of guide that Allah left in order to assure some sort of contract (usually about promises of immortality in an afterlife).

Perhaps "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" applies here. ^^^

"stunning animals" usually involves hitting them in the head with a blunt object (perhaps while covering their eyes), having blood rush to their heads until they pass out perhaps by holding them upside-down, or exploding their brains with bullets of one sort or another. Drugs aren't used since they would "taint" the meat, I believe.

For Hallal, I think "stunning" would require refraining from using the bullet to the brain method. So either bashing them in blunt force or some other unknown and likely unfriendly way. Holding upside down probably only works with chickens (although often their neck is cracked while they are upside-down).

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 04-11-2016 at 12:47 AM..

Old 04-11-2016, 11:14 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,696,750 times
My question is why one thing is allowed to one group but denyed from another.

Animal is not any happier for ending up to throat slit no matter people are going to eat it or throw away. That is only human perspective. Animal dies at both cases. I choosed Satanist because they are easily understood as a group who has done it.

http://animalwelfareapproved.org/wp-...poultry-v3.pdf

"From the evidence above, it is clear that the period of unconsciousness induced by the stun must last for at least 30 seconds to avoid any risk of the stunned bird regaining consciousness during bleeding. If a bird is not stunned, however, the research cited above indicates that it might not lose consciousness–and could still have brain activity–for anywhere from 12 to 30 seconds. This is a long time for a bird to be suffering the distress of having had its throat cut."

"From the information above, it is clear that neck cutting without stunning is extremely detrimental to animal welfare. Instead of immediate insensibility, which occurs with electrical or captive bolt stunning, when the neck is cut the bird will pass through consciousness, to stupor, to semi
consciousness, unconsciousness and, finally, death from eventual blood loss. Pain, suffering and distress during the cut and bleeding process are highly likely. Rather than the milliseconds to unconsciousness that are a feature of an effective stun, it can take up to 30 seconds for the animal to reach unconsciousness where no stun is applied and the major blood vessels in the neck are cut."

Is the time longer for bigger animals as for lambs and cows etc?.

It makes no sense to allow the same way for one group but keep it illegal to another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Maybe some education is in order here~~ Just because there's suspicion and fear of Muslim tradition..it's been a very long tradition among other religions to have some sort of method acceptable to their belief system.

But speaking from the POV of knowing how Butcher's have been slaughter ..I was kind a struck by the OP's post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Obviously has no idea how those steaks, chickens, Turkey's, Goat, Lamb or any other Meat is obtained for consumption for those that live a protein diet!! Yikes!!

Here's one link..But really in truly..some folks really should look into just how their meat purchased at the grocery store ever gets there ~~

What exactly does the halal method of animal slaughter involve? | Life and style | The Guardian

I wonder if OP would suggest "Satanism Cult-like practice" knowing just how Meat gets to their table..regardless of what religion the "Butcher" is or the consumer's religion?????????? I guessing that Vegan Diet may just be in the offing for them

ETA~~ Thought I would add this link~~
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_slaughter

Thanks for your attempt for looking me down, as a matter of fact I am asking just because I know different ways to kill different animals by law. That law should be same for all and not changing by peoples caste.

Some countries had no halal-question before immigration and law states how different animals can be killed. It is different at hunting, slaughter houses, for pets etc. Have you checked all the ways? How it is in your country for bugs? Vacuuming bugs away is actually against a law at some countries because every each bug has rights to die fast and with most less pain as possible. Instead vacuuming them does not kill them but rather causes injuries and they mostly die in a dust bag some day... Every lives matters

As people are referring to food, then hunters should be allowed to kill their preys by letting them bleed to death. I don’t wish it but I am against giving muslims special rights for this and that. Killing a hunting prey by the wrong way is a hunting crime.

...Castes are created and accepted, people are treated unequally basic on their religions and it bugs me.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:05 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,784,571 times
Quote:
My question is why one thing is allowed to one group but denyed from another.

Animal is not any happier for ending up to throat slit no matter people are going to eat it or throw away. That is only human perspective. Animal dies at both cases. I choosed Satanist because they are easily understood as a group who has done it.
Where are you getting that Satanists are somehow prevented by law from slaughtering animals? Like I said, I don't know of any Satanic group that practices this for any reason.

Quote:
It makes no sense to allow the same way for one group but keep it illegal to another one.
If that were true it would be unfair. but I don't think it is... Halal and Kosher methods of slaughter are legal, and not demonstrably more inhumane that what is practiced by the mainstream meat packing industry. After doing a lot of research on this ( I had a mini farm for a couple years and was planing on raising meat goats), if I were to raise animals for meat, I would use similar methods. Why? Because raising and slaughtering animals for meat in a humane and ethical way is important to me. It would not be illegal for me to do so.

Just as a matter of perspective, are you perchance from India? Your mention of caste and your, to a western mind, extreme stance on animal cruelty issues makes me wonder if this is a cultural gap.

-NoCapo

Old 04-11-2016, 05:16 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,471,319 times
Quote:
Satanists aren't much of a voting bloc.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:56 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,058,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Satanists aren't much of a voting bloc.
Nor are they currently considered a group TO protect by any voting bloc that I'm aware of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality