Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 11:43 AM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
another example.
Of what? Oh, do you think I'm persecuting you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 11:48 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Of what? Oh, do you think I'm persecuting you?
Did I say persecute? I said it was an example of "denigrating". You are accusing us of being homophobic simply because we have a moral objection to a lifestyle you consider good or acceptable. I find that ironic, since you claim to be very tolerant, yet you're showing intolerance toward anyone with an opinion that differs from you.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:56 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:

OK. My point is that people that claim to simply not have seen enough evidence to believe, or are "without belief" sure make a lot of effort to tell the world what their worldview is.

As has been mentioned before you do not seem to understand the secular worldview. If Bible believing Christians are totally mistaken about what an atheists is or is not who will let them know ? You? I don' t think you are anymore quailified to do that than I am to explain what a Bible believing Christian is.

I have started very few threads on this forum so the vast majority of my posts are reactions to what others of a different view have alread posted. If I see something that I think is wrong being posted I feel free to respond and give what I think is either another perspective to the topic. When folks like you or Jeff claim that evolution is something that it is not and people who think like you do want to influence what is taught in the schools I see no reason to keep my silence so that you can have your way. Athesists have reached the critical mass that they no longer have to stand silent, or hidden and simply accept that Christians can do or say anything they want and atheists cannot. I keep hearing and reading how Christians are being persecuted and yet you have more control over atheists than they do over you, we simply want to be on the level playing field at all levels not just the words of the law but in society as well. Here in Canada for example a politician does not have to proclaim their religion to get elected, all they need is to provide their policies.

Some atheists pick on the wrong doings of Christians but I am not one of those. Some Christians such as yourself have made claims that atheists cannot have a morals belief or system and other anti atheists statements. We want those who have doubts or do not believe in a God to know that they are not alone and that there is nothing wrong with not believing in a God. It is good for those who share our non belief to know that there are others like them and also to not have to believe the claims made that they are being influenced by the devil etc. There is no reason why religious people alone should be the ones to have a share of community. As far as i know there are no atheists gatherings anywhere near where I live because they are not needed as most religious people simply accept us the same as they will accept people who are not hockey fans or that they are someone who likes socceer.

I will attack what I think are hateful and harmful ideas regardless of the belief or lack of belief of the poster.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:03 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Did I say persecute? I said it was an example of "denigrating". You are accusing us of being homophobic simply because we have a moral objection to a lifestyle you consider good or acceptable. I find that ironic, since you claim to be very tolerant, yet you're showing intolerance toward anyone with an opinion that differs from you.
Not any opinion....Just bigoted ones.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not any opinion....Just bigoted ones.
And....again.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:04 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:

We do not need you to accept homosexuality (which is not a lifestyle) we would perfer if you did not attack those who are homosexual or wish your morals to prevent people from their rights. I do not have to be tolerant agaisnt intolerant people. If you simply stated that you have an objection to same sex marriage due to your religious beliefs that is fine but when you try to find ways to put them down and want them not to have the rights you do and claim they are special rights because a woman is no longer forced to marry a man if she wants to get married and other ways to belittle LBGT folks than that is intolerance.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
We do not need you to accept homosexuality (which is not a lifestyle) we would perfer if you did not attack those who are homosexual or wish your morals to prevent people from their rights.
agreed.
Quote:

I do not have to be tolerant agaisnt intolerant people.
So why do you expect the same of others?
Quote:
If you simply stated that you have an objection to same sex marriage due to your religious beliefs that is fine but when you try to find ways to put them down and want them not to have the rights you do and claim they are special rights because a woman is no longer forced to marry a man if she wants to get married and other ways to belittle LBGT folks than that is intolerance.
So...when you want to change the definition of an institution that Christians have held in high regard for thousands of years, you're surprised when we object? And you think WE are ones being unreasonable?

Old 04-12-2016, 12:14 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
When in Rome, a circle is square

Old 04-12-2016, 12:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
agreed.

So why do you expect the same of others?

So...when you want to change the definition of an institution that Christians have held in high regard for thousands of years, you're surprised when we object? And you think WE are ones being unreasonable?
SUCH a sore loser!!

I bet as a kid you took your ball and stomped off the playing field when a call went against you.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
SUCH a sore loser!!

I bet as a kid you took your ball and stomped off the playing field when a call went against you.
Is that what you think this is? Just a game? Is truth important to you, or is it just about "winning"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality