Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 02:50 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No way, eh. Take right off.

Hoser!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 03:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Hoser!
Yeah, eh.

Old 04-19-2016, 04:05 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
according to a study 4 years ago 61% of Canadians endorse evolution compared to 30% of Americans and 22%Canadians believe in Creationism compared to 51% Americans.

Believe In Evolution: Canadians More Likely Than Americans To Endorse Evolution

If one simply went by numbers the folks who immigrated or were born in Canada are products of evolution from a simple organism whereas those who immigrated to or born in the States were Created by God directly. The real confusion is my wifeès family came to Canada several generations ago after spending almost three centuries in the States, so was she created or did she evolve?

Old 04-19-2016, 04:46 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
according to a study 4 years ago 61% of Canadians endorse evolution compared to 30% of Americans and 22%Canadians believe in Creationism compared to 51% Americans.

Believe In Evolution: Canadians More Likely Than Americans To Endorse Evolution

If one simply went by numbers the folks who immigrated or were born in Canada are products of evolution from a simple organism whereas those who immigrated to or born in the States were Created by God directly. The real confusion is my wifeès family came to Canada several generations ago after spending almost three centuries in the States, so was she created or did she evolve?

Ça a pas d’allure!

Acccept for Trout, Canadians all have that snow sickness and can't think straight, lol.

Wonder what the stats and percentages are for Canadians who believe in God and how many don't.

Old 04-19-2016, 04:49 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Gotta love him for sticking to his story. I didn't even realize people still actually believed the earth was 6000 years old.
What surprises me even more is why they think it even matters. Is God somehow less great the longer it took Him to create the earth? Is his creation only awesome if it's new rather than old?

Last edited by Katzpur; 04-19-2016 at 05:08 PM..

Old 04-19-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What surprises me even more is why they think it even matters? Is God somehow less great the longer it took Him to create the earth? Is his creation only awesome if it's new rather than old?
They just miss interpret it, it was written to be taken as symbolic, but your right, it doesn't matter in my opinion, but I do believe in Evolution and very old earth.

The big bang is what I see when he just spoke everything into a beginning and it was already set to evolve., but yeah, my Mom believes the Earth is 6000 years old.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:05 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What surprises me even more is why they think it even matters? Is God somehow less great the longer it took Him to create the earth? Is his creation only awesome if it's new rather than old?
I don't think it does matter to most people. I called BS on that Gallup survey. The only ones they asked how old they thought the earth was were the creationists. Also, in order to answer as a creationist you also had to say the earth was >10,000 years old. Something wasn't right about they way they did that.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I don't think it does matter to most people. I called BS on that Gallup survey. The only ones they asked how old they thought the earth was were the creationists. Also, in order to answer as a creationist you also had to say the earth was >10,000 years old. Something wasn't right about they way they did that.

Aint it, polls always seem to have an agenda and a way of putting things to help you answer what they want you to say.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:25 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
They just miss interpret it, it was written to be taken as symbolic, but your right, it doesn't matter in my opinion, but I do believe in Evolution and very old earth.
Same here.

Quote:
The big bang is what I see when he just spoke everything into a beginning and it was already set to evolve., but yeah, my Mom believes the Earth is 6000 years old.
I think things may be different the older people are. Both of my parents are dead now, but if they were still alive, they'd be over 100 years old. I know for a fact that my dad believed in an old earth and evolution, and I'm about 90% sure my mom did, too. But I also know that many people (maybe even the majority) of their generation believed that the whole thing took place 6000 years ago over a period of six 24-hour days. I just remember my dad rolling his eyes when I'd come home from church having been told by some wacked out Sunday School teacher his age who'd me that people who believe in evolution think that humans can give birth to monkeys and visa versa. That's when my dad started teaching me that it was okay not to believe every word anybody ever said, just because they said it within the walls of a church.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:39 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
It's pretty shocking is it not?

In U.S., 46% Hold Creationist View of Human Origins

This is simply inexcusable for our country. Just goes to show how uneducated and scientifically illiterate this nation is.
But isn't that a failure of science?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality