Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 06:26 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times

Advertisements

So far, it's been a fascinating series, looking forward to tonight's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2016, 06:33 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
No interest, like Freeman in many of his movies, but could care less about gods thousands of years ago. I enjoy living in the now.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:06 AM

3,887 posts, read 4,542,046 times
Default I'm enjoying it

Signed up for Hulu just to watch this. Hubby and I are enjoying it very much, and I think it's done respectfully. It's a good show for people curious about different religions and what drives humans toward religion. I give it a

Old 04-26-2016, 11:38 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
I'm so disappointed - I love MF, I think he's a brilliant man who asks some great questions, and I loved his Wormhole series, but this one just left me...bored. I couldn't even make it through the full episode. Oh well. Keep on truckin', Morgan. You've brought us great stuff in the past and you will again!

Old 04-26-2016, 12:08 PM

454 posts, read 310,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm so disappointed - I love MF, I think he's a brilliant man who asks some great questions, and I loved his Wormhole series, but this one just left me...bored. I couldn't even make it through the full episode. Oh well. Keep on truckin', Morgan. You've brought us great stuff in the past and you will again!
Seriously. I was looking forward to this but was bored to tears. Had to change the channel. Oh well, can't win them all!

Old 04-26-2016, 12:26 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Don't think Joel will be a great representative of the evangelical movement??
I consider myself an Evangelical, and no--Joel does not fairly represent me or Christianity.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:03 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I consider myself an Evangelical, and no--Joel does not fairly represent me or Christianity.
No? One would think by the way he slongs scripture that he and Jesus are thick as thieves...

Old 04-26-2016, 01:15 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
No? One would think by the way he slongs scripture that he and Jesus are thick as thieves...
Unfortunately, content matters, though. He is known for his ability to twist a passage to talk about us instead of Jesus.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:24 PM

3,887 posts, read 4,542,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Unfortunately, content matters, though. He is known for his ability to twist a passage to talk about us instead of Jesus.
Interesting... so even Evangelicals aren't very cohesive then. I have a sort of aversion to the "Big Church" style, but I thought it seemed pretty positive. Yet you are seeing the negative. Is this Joel guy not trusted within mainstream Evangelical circles?

Old 04-28-2016, 04:10 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
I have watched it so far, My sons and I are fans of Morgan Freeman
Much preferred the "Through the Wormhole" series to this one though, and here is why.
When Through the Wormhole was on, my youngest son was only 7, and was attending a Montessori school He became very interested in the series, and as he got older and developed a keen interest in science as well as a gifted intellect, I enjoyed watching the show with him and observing his discoveries and insights along the way.

Now he is 13.

SO when we sat down to watch this show, he had little interest in the topic, as he is, like his father, an atheist.
But for me, I have learned nothing new. I have already studied other faiths and religions, both on my own and in college classes. I am finding nothing new to learn from this show. It is a rehashing of topics I have already read or heard.

But the show is very well done. He does cover all faiths, which I know offends certain Christians who do not want to have to acknowledge other faiths, but perhaps he will do an episode on religious intolerance.
He can certainly have his pick of subjects for that episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality