Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 11:59 AM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
One of the ways morality evolved was in 1873 the last law having the death penalty for sodomy was repealed in the USA. That means up until then a gay could be executed for a sex act with another man. At one time slavery was legal. At one time interracial marrage was ilegal, women were property and there was no laws against either animal or child abuse. God had a law requiring child abuse,the killing of children who disrespected their father.

If 100 years the laws have changed so that some things we do today are then considered immoral because society has improved, good for them. That is to be not only applauded but expected. I truly hope for my granddaughters grandchildren to live in a fairer world then we have today. I am not afraid of change for the better and yes I truly believe my morals are better than those of folks 2 or 3 thousand years ago. I would never have sold my daughter to be a slave for life. I would not have killed all the infants and animals of a land I conquered and I certainly don't see morality in stoning a man for picking up sticks. Nor can I see myself picking and choosing which parts of a Bible I decide our unchangeable and which are no longer applicable and claim that God's word or morals are not to be challenged or changed.

I certainly would not judge Christians or Christianity based on your words, they deserve better than that
Well stated. Thank you.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:37 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So now you are arguing from a moral standpoint when it suits your argument rather than legal. I don't disagree. It is an unnatural union, but there may be people out there who do not have a normal parent child relationship and therefore are missing the power dynamics. It is still being hypocritical to deny them
when you fully embrace SSM which is also unnatural.

I can also think on my own, and if someone can present compelling evidence that Christianity is a fraud, I would consider it. OTOH, atheists will never consider for one second that they could be wrong and eternal death is their reality.

No, we only have to look at our physical bodies to clearly see that they were designed for only male and female unions. And you can't be fruitful and multiply in a SSM. God created sexuality as a gift to us so we can experience an incredibly intimate bond with someone with an opposite physical and inner nature.

And yet other atheists or non-religious men have no problem cheating on their wives. How do you explain that? Same brains. Why don't we all act the same like every other species on this earth?

What about people's who sexual orientation makes them attracted to minors? Most people support locking them up yet if I am to believe sexual orientation is a real thing then they can't be blamed be born that way. Even if they never acted on their impulses, they would still be outcasts of society.

There is a possibility that a god of some kind exists. A smaller possibility that it is the God of the Bible. This is not the first time I have said this and I am certainly not the first atheist to state that to you. And yet you continue with the charade that we can never admit we could be wrong and you are so open minded compared to us. You have in fact been provided with scientific evidence that some of the events in the Bible did not occur as stated in the Bible and you have called all of it a lie.

As far a adults who are attracted to children, if they act upon their impulses they have indeed harmed someone, the child. If they have not acted upon those impulses then they have not harmed a person and thus are not locked up. We also don't lock up people who think about robbing or driving impaired if they have never robbed or drove while impaired. Homosexuals are not child molesters.

I have brought up moral and legal arguments. I apologize if I was only allowed to have only one or the other. If atheists and non religious men cheat on their wives just like religious me do why should I think any different between the two groups, other than one side thinks saying sorry to some invisible being makes it like it different happened. I also am unaware that all animal species act the same. Do you have evidence of this? Canada Geese are monogamous, tree swallows form life long bonds but both gender cheat regularly, elk have harms and cougars mate and then move on perhaps mating with the next female cougar they come across and Bonos have sex just for the pleasure of it. How are these all the same?

Marrage, children and morals all existed prior to the Bible and in places not knowing of the existence of the Bible. That you think a loving relationship between two men or two women is immoral and little difference that an adult having a relationship with a child are things I will never agree upon. Or that you think all Christians share your intolerance towards gays or atheists is something else you are wrong about.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:19 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,826,232 times
Thread closed for becoming nothing but personal attacks. "But he started it!" is an excuse right out of kindergarten.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality