Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 08:56 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I've said before that it's possible I could be wrong and there is no God. Maybe it's all an elaborate ruse created by a superior alien race. But Probable? Not likely.
In other words, "Sure I could be, but I'm not". You are simply saying this to say you said it. You are not saying it is possible you are wrong, you are saying you are not wrong. Word games.

Quote:
And that's where you distort my posts to create untrue positions. I never compared gay people to child molesters. I only compared two situations where a moral conflict would exist with a business owner. Situations not people.
No, there have been plenty of times you compared the two. You have also compared gay marriage to incest, and all sorts of other similar things. At some point, when you being up child molesters, incest, and the like, into every conversation about a group of people, your true self comes out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 08:57 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,045,846 times
Quote:
Well you just pretty much admitted right here that you do have a desire to destroy Christianity. You want to see more ppl lose their faith and convert to atheism. That's a pretty negative agenda in life. Destroying people's hope in exchange for a lie.
Other than your assertion that atheism is a lie, I agree with everything you say. I have never hidden the fact that I think the world would be better of without religion.

Quote:
I get reps every day for my posts ever day so obviously not all the people out there are agreeing with you.
Reps aren't really that important, but since you brought it up, your rep count is abysmal.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:28 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Don't dare tell me that you are being polite when your side calls me stupid, or saying I'm whining or bleating or even falsely accuse me of crimes.
...but you DO whine and bleat! Nearly every one of your posts consists of not much more than you crying your eyes out, BooHoo I'm being persecuted, stop shouting at me! Then you don't answer questions and claim that its because too many people are trying to 'destroy' you. Well go look at what you said to me a few posts ago...YOU DON'T HAVE TO COME HERE! You can always go into the Christian forum and indulge in happy clapping, back slapping and smiling at how all the others there think you're such a good little 'Christian'.....but what sort of a 'Christian are you?

I just took a look back through your posts. I stopped at 510 posts and in that 510 posts, only 21 were in the Christianity forum. How strange is that? Most 'Christians' here post mainly in the Christian forum...except you. One is almost tempted into think you are here for some underhand reason...like seeking persecution, abuse and ridicule...because we know that you think that baby Jesus will give you some extra 'get into heaven points' for persecution.

Last edited by Rafius; 05-04-2016 at 10:54 AM..

Old 05-04-2016, 10:35 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
In other words, you must always get the last word in even when you don't have anything to say.
#irony

Old 05-04-2016, 10:47 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Other than your assertion that atheism is a lie, I agree with everything you say. I have never hidden the fact that I think the world would be better of without religion.
Yeah we should just have a lot more suicide and degradation of morality. Great world there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post

Reps aren't really that important, but since you brought it up, your rep count is abysmal.
Considering that I am in a forum that is overwhelmingly hostile to Bible believing Christians, I say I'm doing pretty well.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Y

Considering that I am in a forum that is overwhelmingly hostile to Bible believing Christians, I say I'm doing pretty well.
There are Christians here who have positive reps.

There are Christians here who express themselves well and are listened to.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
There are Christians here who have positive reps.

There are Christians here who express themselves well and are listened to.
You mean the Bible hating anti-Christian Christians who sound just like atheists? Oh yea, them.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:00 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
You mean the Bible hating anti-Christian Christians who sound just like atheists? Oh yea, them.
Poor, poor little jeffy. Besieged on all sides by people who don't believe fairy tales.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
In other words, "Sure I could be, but I'm not". You are simply saying this to say you said it. You are not saying it is possible you are wrong, you are saying you are not wrong. Word games.
Oh I see, so this was another one of your trap questions. Gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post

No, there have been plenty of times you compared the two. You have also compared gay marriage to incest, and all sorts of other similar things. At some point, when you being up child molesters, incest, and the like, into every conversation about a group of people, your true self comes out.
Nope, I only compared situations. I never said gays are exactly as bad as incest, child molestors etc......
You forced that comparison because you stubbornly refusal to look at the moral situation with business owners.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Nope.

You seem to like your generalizations, Jeff. Most of the time, though, they could be anyone anywhere and not necessarily someone on the forum specifically. Yet you always hint that it's a whoooooooooooooole bunch of people...right here.

Who????

I can think of one person you're probably speaking about though it's not definite, it's still not really a "fit" so I'm wondering what the heck this is all about. You make it sound like floods and floods of people but you never support these wild accusations. I feel as if you're imagining things that aren't actually going on. Not all the time, mind you, but...fairly often. I don't get it. What's the point of spinning stories and making them sound as bad as possible? What is the ultimate goal with that? I do not understand where all this is leading. Or what the purpose is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality