Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 01:08 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times

Advertisements

Did the pastor pray for cooler temperatures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 01:09 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Maybe the Bible is not the authority word for anything for YOU but it is for over a billion people on our planet.
I think they claim it's authority but they certainly don't live by it...thank god for that as we would still be living in the Dark Ages with horrific treatment of slaves, where women had no authority, where it's acceptable to offer up your daughters to be raped. Thankfully those billions that you speak for are not taking the bible's word as authority. And the ones that are are barbaric fools who harm humanity with their ignorance.
Quote:
But you said I am damned for many reasons. On whose authority did you say that?
"You" meaning (christians)...not you specifically.

However, you have also bragged in these threads claiming to be an expert in paleontology, claiming to teach about Noah's Arch, claiming to be a special little snowflake bible literalist.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:11 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
That's tough being a guy with PMS. Did you evolve? LOL
I'm a woman. Even my icon up there with the soccer mom hairdo is female. ^

And yes. I am evolved. As are you...though sometimes that's kind of hard to believe!

Old 05-04-2016, 01:15 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
LOL!!

Okay now wait a minute, wait a minute...maybe this isn't such a bad idea?

I'll start.

Today, I have PMS and I have not swung at anybody. ANYbody. I'm not kidding, I have not beaten the sh** out of one single person.

Yet.

So...so far, so good.
Hey, sure! I'll go start a thread about how I stopped on my way back from lunch about 1/2 an hour ago and helped a young girl push her stalled car off the road, and waited with her until her brother got there to help her out.

Or maybe about Monday when I stayed late after to work to help a co-worker jump start her car in a torrential downpour, making myself late to pick up my son and getting charged an extra $15. And I didn't even ask for anything in return.... And to think... I did it for one of the most outspoken Christians at my company.... Selfish atheist I am and all.

Quote:
That's tough being a guy with PMS. Did you evolve? LOL
Really Eusie? JerZ is a female...

Old 05-04-2016, 01:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Hey, sure! I'll go start a thread about how I stopped on my way back from lunch about 1/2 an hour ago and helped a young girl push her stalled car off the road, and waited with her until her brother got there to help her out.

Or maybe about Monday when I stayed late after to work to help a co-worker jump start her car in a torrential downpour, making myself late to pick up my son and getting charged an extra $15. And I didn't even ask for anything in return.... And to think... I did it for one of the most outspoken Christians at my company.... Selfish atheist I am and all.

OMG. These things are so nice!

Even though they did come from the Godless position of wanting to get something out of it, hence, were directed by Satan.

But still nice! Boy, you sure fooled Satan this time.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:40 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
On a 97 degree day last July, a small town in rural Nebraska (45 people) held a celebration that gets held every 4 years. On that day over 5000 people came to town, lining up to go on a tour of 3 different sites in the area where some historical reenactments were being done.

As cars were lining up to go on tour, the pastor and 5 other people walked down the rows of cars handing out ice cold bottles of water. They also freely gave them away to anyone walking past the area.

No money was asked for, none accepted. In total, they gave away approximately 900 bottles of water, and had a few hundred left that they'd have gladly given away if needed.
Found one of the bottles that were given away.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:42 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
OMG. These things are so nice!

Even though they did come from the Godless position of wanting to get something out of it, hence, were directed by Satan.

But still nice! Boy, you sure fooled Satan this time.
Oh, don't you know? Us heathens LOVE Satan!

Yea, I guess deep down I was looking for something out of doing good things, instead, I guess I will settle for being a good person.... dangit....

Old 05-04-2016, 02:06 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
I'm a woman. Even my icon up there with the soccer mom hairdo is female. ^

And yes. I am evolved. As are you...though sometimes that's kind of hard to believe!
Lighten up. I know you are a woman. It was just a joke and a very poor one at that.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:08 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Actually, I believe it was a Christian here who insisted (more than once) that when Christians give, it's selfless as it originates from God/union with God but when non-Christians give, there's obviously a selfish motive.

So who's damned whether we do/don't, again? If a non-Christian doesn't give, it's because she's an atheist (even if she's a non-Christian but has some other religion, hmm), which is obviously selfish and morality-eroding. If she DOES give, it's because deep down, she has a selfish motive and is getting something out of it.
Yea, well, I'm willing to bet the people who cry the loudest against Vizio's posts on these topics are the very ones who won't lift a finger to help a struggling soul. His posts make them feel guilty for being do-nothings.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:10 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
yes. The church was happy to give out the water. There were a lot of out of towners. Many people would never come back to the town to go to church, as they lived hours away. This was a big event where more people were in this little town that day than lived in the county. There was not a single person that visited the church the next weekend as a direct result.

So, really....please stop assigning motive when you simply don't have a clue.
Thank you! And that was such an awesome thing to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality