Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 06:48 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,156,145 times

Advertisements

Please don't pray?? Wow..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 07:03 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,897,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
um cupper, wouldn't the next city to the north be Yellowknife? Last time I was there it was in NWT, not Russia.

As for the prayers comments - totally agree. Do something to help, donate or whatever; just praying is meaningless.
Nope, Yellowknife is further west. You might hit Ft. Smith, but only or Ft. Chipewyan, but those are little more than native First Nations settlements now.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Please don't pray?? Wow..
Read Rev Randy and Vizio's comments about that. Both are pastors and understand what I meant. Me and Vizio have lots of discussions and disagree on most things, but he gets it.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:06 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,757,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
God can help , as He did not start the fire , but He does have things which will shorten the tragedy ........Please don`t tell people to not pray and ignore God .....If you don`t believe in God that is your business , but people who know God can be a bonus , as God can help , as God can close down confusion and even change the wind in a different direction if faith is engaged .............See a close friend of mine sister and her son and grand children live in Fr. Murray
Praying is a complete and utter waste of time. Let me know when you know YOUR God helped somebody. Maybe a confirmation message to the whole planet would be a start letting humanity know that he directly helped people affected by this fire, not some people making CLAIMS some entity helped. Saying some entity helped with something is like me praying to Zeus to get a job and lo and behold I get a job in 2 weeks after praying to Zeus. Praise be Zeus. Thanks Zeus for helping little ole me. Your power knows no bounds Zeus. Praise your holy name. That's what you believers sound like when you pray to your imaginary God.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:03 AM

20,428 posts, read 12,730,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Praying is a complete and utter waste of time. Let me know when you know YOUR God helped somebody. Maybe a confirmation message to the whole planet would be a start letting humanity know that he directly helped people affected by this fire, not some people making CLAIMS some entity helped. Saying some entity helped with something is like me praying to Zeus to get a job and lo and behold I get a job in 2 weeks after praying to Zeus. Praise be Zeus. Thanks Zeus for helping little ole me. Your power knows no bounds Zeus. Praise your holy name. That's what you believers sound like when you pray to your imaginary God.
How do you know God is imaginary?

Old 05-05-2016, 09:10 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,589,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Alberta is my home province, and right now there is an apocalyptic disaster occurring, with a forest wild fire destroying the city of Ft. McMurray and forcing all 80,000 residents to evacuate. Some neighborhoods 80% of the home are gone.

What really frosts my butt is to see all the "Pray for Ft. McMurray" memes popping up on Facebook, Twitter etc., yet the one message they should be spreading is that if they are concerned, is that the Red Cross has set up a donation page.

Will they post that? Noooooo.... send imaginary thoughts to some entity, but will they spread the news to a real, on the ground organization that is set up for disasters, nope. Will they donate? Probably not, figuring they did their job sending out useless memes.

The Red Cross page:

https://donate.redcross.ca/ea-action...530.1462319317

CD members, this is the largest evacuation in Alberta's history. Many had to evacuate north of Ft. McMurray, where the next city is in Russia. Fortunately, the oil sand camps are taking people in, and last night two babies were born in one.

This is what it looked like last night, and today winds are expected to get worse.

Please, don't pray.

Do something real. The Red Cross are the go to people on stuff like this... help them out.
This is what God did to Sodom and Gomorrah for being heathens. Maybe you shouldn't have posted all of those anti-God threads.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:56 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,569,578 times
Who is really changing the weather ?
That question is a lot more complex than you may be aware of.

Geoengineering, Runaway Climate Disintegration, And Programmed Societal Apathy » Geoengineering, Runaway Climate Disintegration, And Programmed Societal Apathy | Geoengineering Watch

Old 05-05-2016, 10:09 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,304,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post

And we are to accept the opinion of a web site that refers to the criminal media cabals? A site that claims it has evidence for chemtrails which have to be the most ineffective way to do whatever it is that they are accused of doing. A site that seems to blame climate engineers for everything.

And of course ignore any science that scientists work on.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:17 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,103,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And we are to accept the opinion of a web site that refers to the criminal media cabals? A site that claims it has evidence for chemtrails which have to be the most ineffective way to do whatever it is that they are accused of doing. A site that seems to blame climate engineers for everything.

And of course ignore any science that scientists work on.
Snowball is seriously into conspiracy theories.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How do you know God is imaginary?
Which one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality