Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 10:58 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,893,738 times

Advertisements

The real story that science gives us, not some campfire stories perpetuated by some wine imbiding group of desert goat herders. The story told by DNA.

And what a story! Guess what, Europeans were not always white, blond and blue eyed. Au contraire mon cherie. They was brown, swarthy and probably smelly too. And then migrations came from the Middle East, and low and behold, brought Caucasian traits with them.

Now, homos erectus of course existed much before that in various stages of evolution. We left the other great apes to travel their separate evolutionary trek millions of years prior. Some 40,000 years ago, the last of the Neaderthals died out, although 3% of their DNA still exists in modern day Caucasians. Now, I know that some YEC are going to go all ape about that, but now you at least have a reason to.

New DNA Research Sheds New Light on Ice Age Europe - History in the Headlines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 11:05 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,941,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
The real story that science gives us, not some campfire stories perpetuated by some wine imbiding group of desert goat herders. The story told by DNA.

And what a story! Guess what, Europeans were not always white, blond and blue eyed. Au contraire mon cherie. They was brown, swarthy and probably smelly too. And then migrations came from the Middle East, and low and behold, brought Caucasian traits with them.

Now, homos erectus of course existed much before that in various stages of evolution. We left the other great apes to travel their separate evolutionary trek millions of years prior. Some 40,000 years ago, the last of the Neaderthals died out, although 3% of their DNA still exists in modern day Caucasians. Now, I know that some YEC are going to go all ape about that, but now you at least have a reason to.

Jew DNA research?...Eh, I knew this 30 years ago....

Old 05-09-2016, 05:51 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,924,575 times
Quote:

Eh, some day you will see the truth. It just isn't your time yet, but it will come.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:12 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,521,721 times
wrong. It was really

on the seventh day he rested.
Monday he woke up early shouting ... "OH MY ME ... They have to breed!!!"
later that afternoon, after some retro fitting and an update to 2.0, He created the marsupials

Old 05-09-2016, 08:47 PM

17,702 posts, read 13,559,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Eh, some day you will see the truth. It just isn't your time yet, but it will come.

Yeah, well. The "truth" in the Adam/Eve/Garden story goes something like this:

If you know what's good for you, you all will stay here in this equatorial zone where you don't have to wear clothes and you can eat fruits and berries and stuff. You will just have to put up the damned snakes.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:05 AM

10,939 posts, read 5,914,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Sigh ...... !

He's already seen the truth and now he's waiting for you to catch up. I hope he's not holding his breath.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:08 AM

10,939 posts, read 5,914,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Yeah, well. The "truth" in the Adam/Eve/Garden story goes something like this:

If you know what's good for you, you all will stay here in this equatorial zone where you don't have to wear clothes and you can eat fruits and berries and stuff. You will just have to put up the damned snakes.
What's wrong with snakes? It's the sunburn they had to worry about. No wait, they were in a garden full of trees. I think the problem was them running around naked causing them to breed too fast.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:19 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,170,420 times
I'll say it again. I didn't come from no monkey.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:48 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,893,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
I'll say it again. I didn't come from no monkey.
You are correct.

We came from a common primate ancestor, and chimps are our cousins.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:01 AM

689 posts, read 547,783 times
Quote:
You are correct.

We came from a common primate ancestor, and chimps are our cousins.
Recently scientists said that humans actually have Neanderthal genes. How the theory of common ancestry explains this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality