Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 08:39 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Was Jesus kind and gentle to the money changers in the temple?
Jesus lost his temper and threw a fit. The money changers were not doing anything to deserve that. They were just performing the time honored traditions of the Jewish temple.

I mean how would you like it if some wild eyed atheist came in and turned over all the tables full of crockpots at the Sunday after meetin' potluck and pronounced that everyone there was just a bunch of overfed fat a$$ed hypocrites.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:49 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
You watch a 60 second clip of the woman and have already judged and branded her as a nutjob and unfit mother. Just a prime example of the judmental arrogance that comes from the atheist camp. I feel sorry for the hopeless kids of atheists. They probably grow up bitter and angry.
This is your post number 11. The response to it was referring to the thread you started on atheists mistreating Christians and Rafuis pointed out to you that you judged a person as an atheist and mean spirited based on a short video and called you a hypocrite for doing the exact same thing that you called the OP out for. So it was pointing out that your attack on the OP for doing what you had done in a previous thread.

And then you more or less attacked atheist for raising their children as atheists. You are wrong, the attack on you was started due to your attack on the OP on post 11.

Go back and read Dewdropin last post.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:51 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,905,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Holy .....! Why doesn't she tell us how she really feels! She's the mother of twelve and she is calling someone else perverted?! Right. She didn't mention who the fathers were.

Yup, she's a nut job.
Your post reminded me of a Christian woman I befriended some years ago. She was from your neck of the woods, Wanganui to be precise. She had/has 3 children (not 12, fortunately) each who had/has a different father ...still living. And, that's fine. However, it was when she started to preach the word of God against gay people that it was not so fine. I realize that we don't know that this is the case in this particular case but your post did remind me of the woman I speak of. 'Religious nut jobs' are blind to their own, um, scriptural discrepancies, but seem to be drawn to the perceived ones of others. That's why they're referred to as 'religious nut jobs', I guess.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:58 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Children of atheists have no hope in life.
Last time I talked to my daughter she was quite chipper, enjoying her husband and three children and looking forward to starting a new job and posting up a storm on her FB page. I wasn't aware she had no hope. I shall have to try and cheer her up and notify all her friends to keep an eye on her lest she end it all.

Thank you for informing of this before it got out of hand.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Your post reminded me of a Christian woman I befriended some years ago. She was from your neck of the woods, Wanganui to be precise. She had/has 3 children (not 12, fortunately) each who had/has a different father ...still living. And, that's fine. However, it was when she started to preach the word of God against gay people that it was not so fine. I realize that we don't know that this is the case in this particular case but your post did remind me of the woman I speak of. 'Religious nut jobs' are blind to their own, um, scriptural discrepancies, but seem to be drawn to the perceived ones of others. That's why they're referred to as 'religious nut jobs', I guess.
Well you know, what's a few divorces or out of wedlock children over against the gross perversions of gay sex, eh? I think sometimes LGBTQ people are a sort of pressure relief valve for all that fundamentalist guilt and self-loathing. They can keep the focus on the horrible, awful things some Hated Other does, and it takes the heat off them.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:10 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Last time I talked to my daughter she was quite chipper, enjoying her husband and three children and looking forward to starting a new job and posting up a storm on her FB page. I wasn't aware she had no hope. I shall have to try and cheer her up and notify all her friends to keep an eye on her lest she end it all.

Oh so anecdotal evidence is now evidence? Great so now I can use all those countless personal testimonies about Christ working in their lives as proof that God exists.

Sad to see you are not above sarcasm though.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:12 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
This is your post number 11. The response to it was referring to the thread you started on atheists mistreating Christians and Rafuis pointed out to you that you judged a person as an atheist and mean spirited based on a short video and called you a hypocrite for doing the exact same thing that you called the OP out for. So it was pointing out that your attack on the OP for doing what you had done in a previous thread.

And then you more or less attacked atheist for raising their children as atheists. You are wrong, the attack on you was started due to your attack on the OP on post 11.

Go back and read Dewdropin last post.
Did I call out anyone specifically and attack them in that post? Yes or NO. I was directly insulted in #14. Hey it's perfectly fine for you and your friends to do that, right?

I made a generalized statement about atheists and that's all.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Oh so anecdotal evidence is now evidence? Great so now I can use all those countless personal testimonies about Christ working in their lives as proof that God exists.
You are spouting things about people who you don't know. Knock it off.

And no, if others have done it to you, that doesn't make it right.
Quote:
Sad to see you are not above sarcasm though.
Too bad. Sarcasm is not wrong. It's a valid literary device. Don't tell other people how to write.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:36 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Did I call out anyone specifically and attack them in that post? Yes or NO. I was directly insulted in #14. Hey it's perfectly fine for you and your friends to do that, right?

I made a generalized statement about atheists and that's all.
No. you've got it the wrong way around.

You said this BEFORE post #14:

Quote:
I feel sorry for the hopeless kids of atheists. They probably grow up bitter and angry.
You "I made a generalized statement about atheists and that's all".

That's all?
YOU insulted ALL atheists AND their children.

What is it about this you don't get?

You REPEATEDLY in this thread and others say that 100% of atheists are 100% nasty and have been doing so for months.

Repeatedly making such statements is vindictive and asking for people to retaliate.

And then you sit there and wonder why people have a go at you.

I'm offering you some friendly advice here Jeff. You need to take some time to reflect on your words.

Last edited by Cruithne; 05-16-2016 at 09:50 PM..

Old 05-16-2016, 09:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post

jeff's compulsive need to demonize atheists only serves to demonstrate the shakiness of his own professed-too-much faith.

He thinks demonizing "others" somehow proves he's a warrior for his little godling -- or something similarly childish.

It's akin to the JW's belief they are the chosen 1%-ers and their "proof" is the other 99% say they're totally off-base.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.