Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 10:46 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I see that you are not amenable to reason or logic and apparently intend to continue to insist on your myopic interpretation of reality as only concerning earth and humanity. When we talk of reality we mean EVERYTHING that exists and what it is comprised of. What we know about, even if we knew 100% of what we can know through science, we would remain ignorant about 95+% of our reality and what comprises it. You seem to think that the Cosmos is somehow separate from our reality, but it is part and parcel of it. So when we use what we know about the less than 5% to make sweeping conclusions about what does or does not exist or what can or cannot exist or whatever, we are being supremely arrogant and hubristic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I suppose you will have to take this up with someone else as it does not in anyway whatsoever pertain to what I think. You really need to take a step back before judging others and then painting them with your narrow judgmental brush before fully understanding what they think. You tend to do this A LOT! Time for some self-reflection and introspection.
WE? You mean when you talk of reality.
My take is simply the actual definition: the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.
OH for Pete's sake! When ANYBODY (who is not being obstinate and antagonistic in defense of a poorly thought out position) refers to our reality, they uniformly mean EVERYTHING in it. Get a clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 10:54 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
OH for Pete's sake! When ANYBODY (who is not being obstinate and antagonistic in defense of a poorly thought out position) refers to our reality, they uniformly mean EVERYTHING in it. Get a clue.
You get a clue you curmudgeon ole thing.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:47 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
(REALITY = ALL/EVERYTHING) = (GOD)
ALL/EVERYTHING objectively exists...Thus: GOD objectively exists, and IS Reality.
Y'all need to get hip to that.
REALITY = MY WATER BOTTLE = GOD.
MY WATER BOTTLE objectively exists...Thus: God objectively exists and is reality.

Right!!!

Old 05-17-2016, 11:49 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You get a clue you curmudgeon ole thing.
You feisty young thing!

Old 05-18-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
You feisty young thing!
💋💋💋💋

Old 05-18-2016, 12:23 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
You guys have made my day!

Old 05-18-2016, 12:40 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
REALITY = MY WATER BOTTLE = GOD.
MY WATER BOTTLE objectively exists...Thus: God objectively exists and is reality.

Right!!!
Right!!...your water bottle (as part of ALL/EVERYTHING) is also God...so is the water in it, and you too as well.
"EVERYTHING" is "EVERYTHING"...and EVERYTHING (in part, as part of ALL in totality) is GOD.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Right!!...your water bottle (as part of ALL/EVERYTHING) is also God...so is the water in it, and you too as well.
"EVERYTHING" is "EVERYTHING"...and EVERYTHING (in part, as as part of ALL in totality) is GOD.
WHEEEEEE lets get the god party started WHOOP WHOOP!

Cheers!

Old 05-18-2016, 12:46 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,425,649 times
Quote:
Just exactly how does what Neil says in any way refute what I have been saying?? He said exactly the same thing I did.
Well firstly Tyson does not fit any god of the gaps arguments into our areas of ignorance like you do. It would be completely against his whole world view and approach to act like you do in this regard. He merely acknowledges our ignorance and his excitement at eroding it. You however _use_ our ignorance _as_ evidence in your fantasies.

Secondly however Tyson - unlike you - acknowledges that "dark energy" and "dark matter" were really badly chosen names for our ignorance. Because we have no idea _that_ they are energy or matter at all. As he says himself - we could just as usefully have called them Fred and Whilma. In fact he things "Dark Gravity" would have been a better name for it.

Your whole position and argument on this forum _relies_ on ignorance. Human ignorance. You postulate nonsense and then attempt to give it credibility by pointing out the extent of our ignorance. Essentially telling us "Well the stuff I just made up _could_ be true - because there is lots of things we do not know".

So that is the difference between Neil and yourself. He does not extrapolate anything from our ignorance - while you rely almost entirely on it.

Quote:
I see that you are not amenable to reason or logic
Annnnnnnd straight back to the personal attacks on anyone who does not simply fall over and accept you nonsense. Real "agape love" stuff in practice there huh?

Old 05-18-2016, 12:48 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
"EVERYTHING" is "EVERYTHING"...and EVERYTHING (in part, as part of ALL in totality) is GOD.
Yes...I understand your delusion old beast. Just label ANYTHING as 'god' and then claim that it's proof that god exists. As I said....please don't operate heavy machinery with that sort of logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality