Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2016, 02:01 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,822,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Yes...we did discuss it.
In which case, you clearly didn't 'miss it' as you claimed...old horse.

Quote:
How did you escape the glue-factory workers Ol' Plug?
Stealth...and a cunning plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 02:52 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,628,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
In which case, you clearly didn't 'miss it' as you claimed...old horse.

Stealth...and a cunning plan.
I'm still missing the substantive rebuttal to my claim that the GOD I perceive (ALL THE MATTER/ENERGY THAT EXISTS AND HAS EXISTED), comports definitively, and objectively exists.
Because...there is no substantive rebuttal.
Just straw grasping attempts to redact the known, expert definition to be just "Religious Deities", so the non Religious Deity meanings for GOD (that are known to objectively exist) are taken off the table.
Without a redaction of the known, expert definition of "G-O-D", to just Religious Deities, Atheism is invalidated.
Bad enough Atheism is illogical (based upon a "no evidence" premise) to begin with...now that GOD has been objectively established, it is nullified.
No loss though...losing Nuthin' (Atheism) still just leaves nuthin'...so ur no worse off.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:51 AM

Quote:
I'm still missing the substantive rebuttal to my claim that the GOD I perceive (ALL THE MATTER/ENERGY THAT EXISTS AND HAS EXISTED), comports definitively, and objectively exists.
Because...there is no substantive rebuttal.
What is there to rebut. Your claim is...I can call anything I like 'God'. I call my TV 'god', my TV exists therefore 'God' exists. I call my cat 'God'. My cat exists therefore God exists.

As I said...mind you don't operate heavy machinery with logic like that.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:56 AM

Quote:
What is there to rebut. Your claim is...I can call anything I like 'God'. I call my TV 'god', my TV exists therefore 'God' exists. I call my cat 'God'. My cat exists therefore God exists.

As I said...mind you don't operate heavy machinery with logic like that.
That you don't like the "logic" that "G-O-D" is known to be defined (among other ways) as "Something of Supreme Value", is inconsequential to the validation of it.
Of course...one would have to then objectively substantiate the "Supreme Value" of that which they designate as such.
Small, individual, common items such as a television, a bottle of water, etc...may be difficult to present as objectively having that quality.
ALL THE MATTER/ENERGY THAT EXISTS AND HAS EXISTED is much more reasonable to present as objectively being of "Supreme Value".
So, the argument of a titling any single mundane thing as "God", and claiming it comports definitively (other than as part of the whole), is not as you attempt to say it is. Not withstanding some of your bodyparts you were probably tempted to list and deem to be of "Supreme Value".

I'm afraid your rebuttal lacks full merit. But, you are free to try again.

Also...since I have possessed and operated heavy equipment my whole adult life...and it has gone off just fine and without incident, even since I stopped being Atheist...this is further evidence your argument is bogus.
As usual...the snark factor of your response is excellent...but, its bogus factor is also very high too.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:22 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,703,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This exchange with mordant and KC should help you to see why your position has done nothing to debunk anything I have ever said nor validated your anti-philosophy stance. Your post deserves the same "QED" that I rendered to KC.

Okay, but the acceptance of those limitations does NOT make reality actually HAVE those limitations. That tends to be the corollary to the materialism espoused by most atheists here on the forum. They exclude from the possible those things that cannot conform to or currently be explained by science. They reject legitimate hypotheses DERIVED from existing knowledge in science because of the limitation. They lump them into the same category as the illegitimate and completely fanciful hypotheticals, like tooth fairies, unicorns, leprechauns and Flying Spaghetti Monsters. THAT is the fallacious and illogical reasoning that characterizes most atheist thought, Gaylen notwithstanding. They consider the philosophical, logical and extrapolative reasoning to be pointless and illegitimate despite its quite legitimate provenance and history of success in advancing the cause of science on the frontiers.
QED!!!
You can tell you're very confident in your opinion by the way you hide out here and snipe from the sidelines rather than actually dare to participate in the thread you're quoting.

Old 05-27-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
I'm afraid your rebuttal lacks full merit. But, you are free to try again.
I didn't attempt a rebuttal. I'm simple saying that, with your logic of calling anything 'God', then yes 'God' exists. I claim that the bottle of water on my desk is 'God'...so 'God' exists. Brilliant!

Old 05-27-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I didn't attempt a rebuttal. I'm simple saying that, with your logic of calling anything 'God', then yes 'God' exists. I claim that the bottle of water on my desk is 'God'...so 'God' exists. Brilliant!
It is fitting that you see the brilliance of it.
Pantheism: The "do all" ideology!!

I was concerned, what with the equipment operation reference, that you were not paying proper homage to the concept.
Good that you have come around. I will be sure to hold you to it.
Actually, you really should love it...as it is one of the best springboards for "fun" exchanges EVER!

Stuff like Evolution VS Creationism went stale long ago...and never was very good. You only get to slam a small piece of the opponents overall view.
With Pantheism I can tell them I have objective evidence their whole concept is kaput!! The resulting exchanges are truly delightful!
Even a master like you must be impressed with the retorts it has inspired.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
It is fitting that you see the brilliance of it.
Pantheism: The "do all" ideology!!

I was concerned, what with the equipment operation reference, that you were not paying proper homage to the concept.
Good that you have come around. I will be sure to hold you to it.
Actually, you really should love it...as it is one of the best springboards for "fun" exchanges EVER!

Stuff like Evolution VS Creationism went stale long ago...and never was very good. You only get to slam a small piece of the opponents overall view.
With Pantheism I can tell them I have objective proof their whole concept is kaput!! The resulting exchanges are truly delightful!
Even a master like you must be impressed with the retorts it has inspired.
Perhaps you don't understand sarcasm?

Old 05-27-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you don't understand sarcasm?
Yes. .but I saw the opportunity to switch it up on you Ol' Plug.
You said it was "brilliant"...no trying to play the "sarcasm card", or going back on it now! Too late!

Old 05-27-2016, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Yes. .but I saw the opportunity to switch it up on you Ol' Plug.
You said it was "brilliant"...no trying to play the "sarcasm card", or going back on it now! Too late!
LOL! Keep taking the medication Coco!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality