Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 05:33 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestville native View Post
The living God already paid for all of everyone's sins, but this world says that we need to do something. Either to be saved or for rewards OR they claim that there is no God and that we make things whatever we want.
yeah, I don't get that meself.

"I need a reason to be alive ... it must be god".

that stance is beyond me. As far beyond me as my 4yr ld insisting that icecream is fine morning, noon, and night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 01:23 AM

86 posts, read 79,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Regardless of what you claim, you are of the Christian religion according to your statements, one of the three which originated from the belief in Yahweh, the Abrahamic God.
That's insulting to me, because the typical Christian claims to know Jesus, but then shows that they don't with self-righteousness and outwardly "religious" silliness. Rituals of men Jesus hated and so do I, so how the hell am I a Christian?

Old 05-19-2016, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
C.S. Lewis once said, “God doesn't love you because you are good, but He will make you good because He loves you.” Awaken to your eternal perfection in the world to come: “You shall be perfect even as your heavenly Father is perfect” can be read as a prophecy.
I'm already perfect in Jesus, as far as God is concerned and so are you, if you have received Jesus. As far as my flesh (and yours and every humans) is concerned, that's anther story. That doesn't change, it's still sin against God and is on it's way to the eternal lake of fire with everyone elses.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Meh, I kind of ignored Allah and Zeus also. I wonder about Thor at times, especially right now as I am deciding if it is really Him mumbling up in the clouds.
Listen, the whole 'floating up in the clouds' thing with wings and playing harps, is not Heaven. Well, I don't know, maybe that's somewhere. But the parts I've seen look like here. I saw cities, business, all sorts of stuff, but everything was in harmony and there was no money. No chaos, no pain and suffering. Picture a really awesome vacation that went really good, that's kind of what I saw.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:34 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Regardless of what you claim, you are of the Christian religion according to your statements, one of the three which originated from the belief in Yahweh, the Abrahamic God.
Quote:
That's insulting to me, because the typical Christian claims to know Jesus, but then shows that they don't with self-righteousness and outwardly "religious" silliness. Rituals of men Jesus hated and so do I, so how the hell am I a Christian?
I'm actually accepting what Forestville is saying.

Not so much the part about us all being perfect in Jesus. However, what is important is that gays (and disadvantaged folks) are not being judged or condemned.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:57 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Listen, the whole 'floating up in the clouds' thing with wings and playing harps, is not Heaven. Well, I don't know, maybe that's somewhere. But the parts I've seen look like here. I saw cities, business, all sorts of stuff, but everything was in harmony and there was no money. No chaos, no pain and suffering. Picture a really awesome vacation that went really good, that's kind of what I saw.
I took acid back in the day also; I know EXACTLY what you mean. Far out man!

Old 05-19-2016, 04:41 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
A Christian is someone who believes in Jesus Christ and his teachings. Because other Christians have perverted those teachings, in your opinion, does not disassociate you.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:10 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
So then I can do as I like and not bother to go to church on Sundays for forgiveness?

So sex before marriage is actually OK? That also means that homosexuality is OK!
Actually the counter question is even more interesting than this.

If one REALLY AND TRULY believes that he is going to heaven 100% guaranteed then he should simply commit suicide or pray to have his life ended ASAP, because no matter what and how you compare it, paradise is supposedly A LOT better place than earth

Old 05-19-2016, 09:13 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I took acid back in the day also; I know EXACTLY what you mean. Far out man!
Was it battery acid?

Old 05-19-2016, 09:15 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Actually the counter question is even more interesting than this.

If one REALLY AND TRULY believes that he is going to heaven 100% guaranteed then he should simply commit suicide or pray to have his life ended ASAP, because no matter what and how you compare it, paradise is supposedly A LOT better place than earth
We are not called by God to kill ourselves. Yes, we are to crucify the flesh, but that is another matter.
Death is an enemy.

The real idea should be: "If one Really and Truly believes he is saved, he should patiently await the return of our Lord and be concerned for ideal acts until then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality