Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 04:34 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times

Advertisements

I just love this phrase,
'...to realize one's fullest potential in partnership with Heaven".

Darn it, I wish I would have said that! (That way.) Sorry, I don't know who did.

I do believe that ideally this is religion's intent....or least it has been the intent
of the Breadcrumb-Droppers that have tried to teach and guide Mankind....the masters,
avatars, saints, mystics, poets*...

I thought I would bring this up because it is a good reminder...our potential
'here'...not in an Afterlife...is so tremendously wonderful.

I tear up every single day of my life at the wonder and mystical power I am
realizing each day more and more.
It is becoming astounding to me at how simple this life is...and it all started by
following...actually applying things masters, like Jesus, told us to do and to believe.

First, a decade ago was, as an example, that got the ball rolling to this transformation of
Miss Hepburn, was, Do not worry, have no fear, be anxious for nothing, cast your cares,
give God your burdens.

It's such a great starting point for reaching our potential.
After 10 years of this...I could only wish this much happiness and insight
into the Divine's workings for everyone.
And the above are so truly easy...even as a 2 week experiment...And do you know that
no Christian friend of mine has ever practiced these simple things even for one day of their lives?

I am constantly counseling them to get them unstuck and into more happiness....their
birthright and potential!!
And 'unstuck' is just the beginning!!!!

* Hafiz, Kabir, Krishna, Mirabai, Catherine of Sienna, St. Theresa of Avila, Yogananda and the yogi bunch of them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 04:46 AM

Don't know Hafiz...?
This is something he said...off the top I know it so well.

Make prayer your beautiful lover.
Cultivate your mind and heart to the depth
that they give you everything a warm body can.
Why keep making love to God's child---form,
When He Himself stands before you so open-armed?
Make prayer your beautiful lover and Be free
Be free of this world, like Hafiz!

Don't know Kabir?
Again off the top...

Why do you pray so loudly
When God hears the ankle hairs of a mosquito?

Never read anything by St Catherine, 14c?
I had to look this one up! Haha

I first saw God when I was a child, six years of age.
the cheeks of the sun were pale before Him,
and the earth acted as a shy
girl, like me.

Divine light entered my heart from His love...

Old 05-21-2016, 04:51 AM

261 posts, read 156,653 times
"...to realize one's fullest potential in partnership with Heaven"

A meaningless phrase, imo.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:39 AM

Ah, and how without Heaven can one ever realize Who they really are? Ha!

(Naturally, since I am in this Spirituality Section, I direct myself to
those that desire to read them with respect, otherwise I would be posting
in the Atheist section and commiserating over there!)

So...hopefully this will benefit someone...

It is often said...haha, somewhere, I dunno where...but, it IS often said, I swear, LOL

That we make our effort towards God (or the Infinite One, the All That Is...)
but He* takes the last step and brings us to Him.

Without realization of 'Heaven'...we are just a bunch of atoms and 99.99999% empty space.
With one brief touch of this mystical experience called Heaven within...the conscious step onto the
path to our full potential has seriously begun...the tractor beam has been locked.
That's all she wrote...once bitten...you're smitten.
(I swear that just came outta me, wasn't planned!) LOL
I wish you all could hear me laugh!

I didn't come up with that phrase in the OP...but I can run with it...
I am aware that the conscious step on the spiritual path can start without
a direct exp of the place where Jesus addressed 'our Father' ... in 'Heaven'. (within, btw)

* He Who has no gender

Old 05-21-2016, 06:37 AM

611 posts, read 280,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula spider View Post
"...to realize one's fullest potential in partnership with Heaven"

A meaningless phrase, imo.
How about, "...to realize one's fullest potential in partnership with the Atmosphere," and creation instead of continuing this silent war against the earth, water, and the vapor that we breath instead of realizing our fullest potential in the pursuit of Money and the abundance of merchandise to die for? Work with earth, to make it the most beautiful and pleasant place for everybody instead of sucking it dry and desolate for any future existence? But as long as I throw all my garbage off my land upon my neighbor I can exist in paradise and everything is dandy. I wonder who we think all those bombs and WMD's are going to be used upon and who will receive the effects floating in the water and drifting in the vapor for us to drink and breathe? U & I, sounds most fitting. I pray to God that you insane people start WW3 and drop every one of those bombs into the Atmosphere, that bubble we exist in, so I can see if God will put those boils upon our heads like he said he would while not even rising up out of his rest or even lifting one finger to do it...he just spoke the word. I'd like to see all that, wouldn't you?

Sorry Tarantula, not venting at you, I just had to spit. Excuse me. Here, use my hanky. Some people say subtle things that stir me up...not their words as much as their concepts and their cracking reality that could drastically change in not much more time than a few heartbeats. You know how that spirit of war can take a hold of people and everyone get caught up in it. Oh, spirits don't exist? God's Will, don't exist? Good Will don't exist..God is a spirit, spirits can't exist...well maybe, every now and then I think I see that spirit of Good Will but then it quickly gets squashed out. So the real question is, spirits can't exist...or we just obey the fastest, bestest lying spirit and name it the best Babylon upon earth forever. But maybe that's just my perspective of my reality...fantasy, I think they call it. haha, jokes on me.

I know I need help, maybe somebody can give me the straight scoop and turn my head around without snapping it off my shoulders.

-

Old 05-21-2016, 06:54 AM

611 posts, read 280,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

Without realization of 'Heaven'...we are just a bunch of atoms and 99.99999% empty space.
With one brief touch of this mystical experience called Heaven within...the conscious step onto the
path to our full potential has seriously begun...the tractor beam has been locked.
That's all she wrote...once bitten...you're smitten.
(I swear that just came outta me, wasn't planned!) LOL
So, only my atoms get to walk around in heaven after I die and ride around in clouds while all I get to do is just stand here and entertain the idea as that gland in my brain releases some dopamine, like cocaine to white mice, and I get hooked until the day I die? I might try it sometime.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
So, only my atoms get to walk around in heaven after I die and ride around in clouds
while all I get to do is just stand here and entertain the idea as that gland in my brain releases some dopamine, like
cocaine to white mice, and I get hooked until the day I die?
I might try it sometime.
Heaven after you die?
Why not right now?

Why not reach your full potential right here ?

Seems that is the message of the last decade for me...I'm always harping on ...
"Watcha waitin' for?"

(That was rhetorical...none of us need to hear about paperchains and self imposed limitations and
guilt and fear and unworthiness...
it's time to stop drawing attention to those silly things....and get on with the program!
Onward and upward!)

Old 05-21-2016, 01:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

Seems that is the message of the last decade for me...I'm always harping on ...
"Watcha waitin' for?"

As John Lennon said, "Life is what happens while you're making other plans." We get one chance....go for the gusto.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:48 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,162,156 times
Or how about simply: "to realise ones fullest potential".

The heaven bit is a superfluous add on.

My favourite phrase as you might notice from my status is "Carpe Diem" or 'seize the day' which basically amounts to the same sentiment. It basically means don't put things off, you never know what might be around the next corner. Don't waste your life, USE it. I really think this is very, very important.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Or how about simply: "to realise ones fullest potential".

The heaven bit is a superfluous add on.

My favourite phrase as you might notice from my status is "Carpe Diem" or 'seize the day' which basically amounts to the same sentiment. It basically means don't put things off, you never know what might be around the next corner. Don't waste your life, USE it. I really think this is very, very important.
It is important. None of us are promised tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality