Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2016, 02:50 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times

Advertisements

If you admit that agreeing that a pantheistic God exists is pointless, then that is what the OP is getting at . And all these 1000 post threads with pantheists screaming that agnostics MUST agree that there is a God, and agnostics MUST admit that atheism has been rendered null and void are meaningless, for as we see even admitting to such changes nothing .

As to your observations, you have never provided a shred of proof for such . All you have ever said in every thread in response to this is " it makes sense to believe space is alive", which has absolutely nothing to do with establishing God exists . The Earth is alive via the fact of living things on it , but the Earth is not God either by virtue of being alive . The two are not synonymous .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 03:59 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
If you admit that agreeing that a pantheistic God exists is pointless, then that is what the OP is getting at . And all these 1000 post threads with pantheists screaming that agnostics MUST agree that there is a God, and agnostics MUST admit that atheism has been rendered null and void are meaningless, for as we see even admitting to such changes nothing .

As to your observations, you have never provided a shred of proof for such . All you have ever said in every thread in response to this is " it makes sense to believe space is alive", which has absolutely nothing to do with establishing God exists . The Earth is alive via the fact of living things on it , but the Earth is not God either by virtue of being alive . The two are not synonymous .

it's not pointless to all people. Why would you push that belief off on others?

Like I told you, for some sports is meaningless. For others having a rock garden is meaningless. For me a "loving" universe is meaningless. But I understand that's just me. My brother says chemistry and physics is meaningless to him in his life. He doesn't know what he doesn't know. But he is smarter than you in that he understands that what he knows isn't all there is to know on a subject. He doesn't pretend that his personal opinion should be pushed as the only "logical" solution.

The observations I used fit observations perfectly. What is going on around us is as random as material through a cell. That is why you need to approach this thing from "what does it mean to us (you)." angle, because yours does not match as well. So You need emotional support from others to head nod ya into a fake reality.

For me, knowing more about the space around me is cool. I don't have a stake in god or no god like you so I have freedom to just learn. What I learnt is that some people try and force personal opinions on others like its more real. I have learned that is independent of belief in god or no god.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:28 PM

I'm not pushing anything, nor do you have the slightest clue how intelligent I am relative to anyone , including your brother . That is where you are mistaken. If you would actually bother to read, you would discover that some pantheists are pushing pantheism and insisting that agnostics MUST agree that their God exists and atheism is null and void . I know of no atheist who would give a darn about someone being pantheist . I certainly don't . And I haven't seen a single atheist here insist that a pantheist give up their pantheism . The issue here is that some pantheists can't handle others not accepting their version of God .

And if you think any atheist or agnostic needs emotional support from others then you are clueless. Atheists are the few with the courage to go through life without depending on some sort of religious emotional support from their community .

Last edited by wallflash; 05-25-2016 at 04:39 PM..

Old 05-25-2016, 05:08 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
I'm not pushing anything, nor do you have the slightest clue how intelligent I am relative to anyone , including your brother . That is where you are mistaken. If you would actually bother to read, you would discover that some pantheists are pushing pantheism and insisting that agnostics MUST agree that their God exists and atheism is null and void . I know of no atheist who would give a darn about someone being pantheist . I certainly don't . And I haven't seen a single atheist here insist that a pantheist give up their pantheism . The issue here is that some pantheists can't handle others not accepting their version of God .

And if you think any atheist or agnostic needs emotional support from others then you are clueless. Atheists are the few with the courage to go through life without depending on some sort of religious emotional support from their community .
lol, thanks for proving my point. again

Old 05-25-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lol, thanks for proving my point. again

You need to have a point before it can be proven again.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:40 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
There have been hundreds of threads, and tens of thousands of posts by Atheists to note that the "evidence" for that which validates Evolution, proves that Creationism lacks merit and is made null and void by way of that "proof".

To nowhere near the same magnitude, there are posts by Pantheists to note that the "evidence" for that which validates GOD (something that comports definitively, objectively exists), proves that Atheism lacks merit and is made null and void by way of that "proof".

Evolution and Pantheism...both very well evidenced. Well, Pantheism a bit more than Evolution...but both are logical and reasonable to put great belief in their validity.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:44 PM

The proof of evolution is scientific observation . The " proof" of pantheism is semantical wordplay .

Not quite the same caliber of proof .

Old 05-25-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
The proof of evolution is scientific observation . The " proof" of pantheism is semantical wordplay .

Citing known, expert definitions is not considered to be "semantic wordplay"...except to those desperate and grasping at whatever straw they can find.

If you dispute the known, expert definition of "G-O-D"...then rebut it with substantive proof that it isn't valid.
If you can't...I submit: It stands. All of it.
So, let's see whatcha got.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:

The proof of the existence of GOD (ALL/EVERYTHING) is scientific observation.
With proof that is superior to that which validates Evolution.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The proof of the existence of GOD (ALL/EVERYTHING) is scientific observation.
With proof that is superior to that which validates Evolution.
Quite obviously your one dimensional argument is incapable of moving past regurgitating the same old tired semantics crap of the past and dealing with the topic of this thread .

With yet another failure on your part you can be dismissed as having anything substantive to post about this topic .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality