Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 06:56 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I lost?

LMAO.

Every single thing you spouted off about I challenged you and you let it drop or admitted you shot your mouth off and couldn't back it up. So spare me your nonsense . In the end , your statement was exactly what I had been saying all along, so only a delusional person could claim to have won such an exchange .

You are downright laughable . You STILL cannot prove one thing you claimed was wrong with what I said . You ran away every time I challenged you . But feel free to try again. It will be even easier to show you as the fool the second time around .
you are emotional charged again so you will have settle down. You have shown that you can't reason well when you are shook up. I think that actually looking at observations might not be your strong points. I mean you couldn't even handle me telling you 10x's "what it means" until your hissy fit was over. Then you agreed with me.

Lets try it this way. It will be easier for you I think.

Do it!
peel off the layers of my post and see what's left if you can.
And the we will discuss it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 07:08 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you are emotional charged again so you will have settle down. You have shown that you can't reason well when you are shook up. I think that actually looking at observations might not be your strong points. I mean you couldn't even handle me telling you 10x's "what it means" until your hissy fit was over. Then you agreed with me.

Lets try it this way. It will be easier for you I think.

Do it!
peel off the layers of my post and see what's left if you can.
And the we will discuss it.

Actually your final post in our previous exchange was a restating of what I had been saying . Which is why I repeatedly said you don't seem to grasp what others post to you .

And it doesn't escape us that you once again fled the challenge to show where anything I said was in error .

With regards to your post today, there is nothing of substance . If you think you have made some substantive post then please point this section out . Most of the opinions rendered here about your post 244 seem to be that it is just more of the same irrelevant " something is more probable than nothing" mantra you have come up with without any reasonable way to relate this to proof of a something beyond the natural universe.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:35 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I hardly see how ...
And I can understand and respect that. The first question is whether you can understand and respect the opposite, when you encounter it. The second question is whether you can recognize that other people can "hardly see how" you can have a personal relationship with something that is so clearly (in their minds) made up?

Quote:
the universe like stars, moons, meteors etc. can have a personal relationship with someone.
No one suggested anything of the sort, which means you haven't understood what pantheism really is. I realize with all the fundamentalist atheists polluting the thread with their self-gratifying detritus it is difficult to find the messages about the actual topic, but I suggest you focus on those and what they say. Don't read into them the preconceived objections that you have, but rather take them at face value, as the entirety of the description.

Quote:
Having reverence and awe for the beauty of space is one sided. I prefer a 2 way street.
And I can understand and respect that. Given that there is no evidence whatsoever of any conscious "other side of the street", is it better to make it up anyway, just to have that two way street you prefer? For you, perhaps, it is, but for others it is not. And more importantly, I hope you can agree that the implications of your two way street have no place having intercession into the lives of people who don't brook with fabricated conscious personifications of God.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:15 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
No one suggested anything of the sort, which means you haven't understood what pantheism really is. I realize with all the fundamentalist atheists polluting the thread with their self-gratifying detritus it is difficult to find the messages about the actual topic, but I suggest you focus on those and what they say.
I have not seen any fundamentalist atheists on the thread, nor have I seen you successfully make the label.... or any of yours labels.... stick to the people you keep flinging them at. You just fling them and run.

However I too am still not really understanding what pantheism is..... or rather I suspect (perhaps wrongly) that I do understand it but there is nothing actually THERE. I have asked several questions about it on the thread all of which you have ignored however. Questions that, were they answered, might assist complete my understanding of the topic.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:03 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It's remarkable how often these things end up in a welter of accusations of bad behaviour. And on the Transitionals thread, how less than patient rebuttals provided the perfect excuse to start a squabble.
It is indeed a slippery slope. Perhaps greater effort needs to be made to focus just on the arguments and not on the arguer and his/her character, "tactics" or "methods" or whatever.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:14 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,213,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is indeed a slippery slope. Perhaps greater effort needs to be made to focus just on the arguments and not on the arguer and his/her character, "tactics" or "methods" or whatever.
Or perhaps the character, tactics, or methods were never the problem. Perhaps it was the arguments which were the problem thus the only rebuttal is "oh yeah, well you're a meanie and I'm not" (and then proceed to be mean-spirited).

Old 06-03-2016, 06:58 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
I certainly prefer that type of discussion. Wrangling can be a waste of everyone's time and gets nowhere.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:19 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Mystic phd describes himself as a Panentheist.

You are right that atheism is simply a disbelief in any gods. Pantheism may approach atheism in being just reverence for nature a bit overdone, or it may go so far as saying there is a planning mind behind it. Whatever floats their boat. Atheism remains what it is.
I could easily subscribe to a Pantheistic viewpointd, but then, so does science. We are all stardust, a quote attributed to many, but I like this one:

As such, we are all part of the whole, reaching back to 14 billion years, and part of nature, as nature is part of us. When we turn into worm food, all those atoms that constituted our bodies will still exist, as they always have.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:22 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Actually your final post in our previous exchange was a restating of what I had been saying . Which is why I repeatedly said you don't seem to grasp what others post to you .

And it doesn't escape us that you once again fled the challenge to show where anything I said was in error .

With regards to your post today, there is nothing of substance . If you think you have made some substantive post then please point this section out . Most of the opinions rendered here about your post 244 seem to be that it is just more of the same irrelevant " something is more probable than nothing" mantra you have come up with without any reasonable way to relate this to proof of a something beyond the natural universe.
lmao. so thats where you stand "Nothing I say is in error." should I ask your mom.

I get it.

run ... forrest ... run.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:06 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
I agree. These squabbles often begin when fallacy in reasoning is pointed out and ths is taken as a personal insult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality