Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2016, 07:05 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,746,072 times

Advertisements

Well, seeing as how impoverished the Bible Belt is, it stands to reason that the population that has means in those states should be giving more to support their local poor that are unable to fend for themselves.

Or are you saying that the Bible Belt states need a handout from the not-obsessed-with-a-superman-in-the-sky states? Too bad it's not working. Too bad they can't run things better down there, and so alleviate the need for so much charity in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 07:09 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,267,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Your words. Draw out children. Minority children in apartment complexes. Seems odd not to mention drawing out low income parents and their children.

You groom poor children. Ministry... that's it. All for God. I have seen this before. It usually not end well for children.

A) I didn't say draw out . If you are going to act stupid, at least be accurate with your stupidity .

B) You have no clue about my stance on religion obviously, and simply choose to try and pick a fight .

C) Since when is reaching out to underprivileged children odd, and I addressed the reason parents weren't mentioned . Do you read what people write to understand what's being said , or to simply find more things to kvetch about ?

Old 06-08-2016, 07:12 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,885,470 times
Quote:
My taxes pay for government programs. You have problems with these programs and expect the needy to live cheerfully. That is my point Jeff. You complain and yet your taxes pay for every program you and I use.
Not to mention that since churches don't pay taxes, it's the taxpayers that ultimately shoulder most of the cost for building renovations, new pews, better sound equipment, and so forth.

If it wasn't for our tax payments, Jeff, the churches' out-of-pocket expenses would be much greater.

You're welcome.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:21 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,589,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
A) I didn't say draw out . If you are going to act stupid, at least be accurate with your stupidity .

B) You have no clue about my stance on religion obviously, and simply choose to try and pick a fight .

C) Since when is reaching out to underprivileged children odd, and I addressed the reason parents weren't mentioned . Do you read what people write to understand what's being said , or to simply find more things to kvetch about ?
'draw children... ' Such easy targets. Poor, minority, underprivileged. I do not care about your religion.

I care about targeting minority children for any reason. You call it ministering to them. I call it grooming young and poor. I am certainly glad someone stopped you.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
'draw children... ' Such easy targets. Poor, minority, underprivileged. I do not care about your religion.

I care about targeting minority children for any reason. You call it ministering to them. I call it grooming young and poor. I am certainly glad someone stopped you.

LOL .

You so intent on simply bitching you really don't understand the views of the poster you are bitching at .

Old 06-08-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
LOL .

You so intent on simply bitching you really don't understand the views of the poster you are bitching at .
So glad your ministry idea was stopped. Someone was thinking.

I do not care what you believe. Your beliefs are unimportant.

I will always "b.tch" about special ministering aimed at poor children.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
So glad your ministry idea was stopped. Someone was thinking.

I do not care what you believe. Your beliefs are unimportant.

I will always "b.tch" about special ministering aimed at poor children.

Reading your rant, I fully understand why many theists think atheists are mindless angry nutjobs .

I guess you must bitcch at school breakfast and lunch programs aimed at poor kids .

Old 06-08-2016, 08:18 PM

10,073 posts, read 5,692,330 times
Quote:
My taxes pay for government programs. You have problems with these programs and expect the needy to live cheerfully. That is my point Jeff. You complain and yet your taxes pay for every program you and I use.
For all you know, your taxes could be going to pay for the $50,000 toliets that our Congressman use or the multi-million dollar vacations for our president. I rather give my money to the church where I know that it will be put to good use.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've never seen anyone, liberal or conservative, that believes children should not have health care. That's a talking point given by a political party to cast anyone that opposes their spending program as a hatemonger.

It took the Children's Healthcare Act to give children health insurance. Before the ACA, many parents could not afford insurance, but at least their children were covered.

Before Medicare, many poor older Americans could not afford healthcare.

Before Medicaid, low income individuals did not have healthcare.

Using the emergency room is not health care. There is only one political party trying to abolish ACA. Pretty disgusting for a bunch of Christians.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
For all you know, your taxes could be going to pay for the $50,000 toliets that our Congressman use or the multi-million dollar vacations for our president. I rather give my money to the church where I know that it will be put to good use.
Let me see.

My roads in the winter are cleared of ice and snow. My government helped us after Sandy demolished thousands of homes. Last year my government help us after the worst flood in our history.

My government provides lights on the roads, and speed limits. My government provided my children with a great education, and affordable Community and State Colleges.

Your church does not repair the roads you use. It does not clear the ice and snow. It does not build dams and bridges. Your church does not maintain public lands, or beaches.

My government provides people with healthcare.

I sleep better knowing my government provides us the military to keep us safe.

I have never had a problem with this President, and every President going on vacation. I am glad to help provide for his protection, and the protection of his family.

I can visit any government building in DC, and in my state. So many of them are really beautiful. The peoples house, my taxes pay for. I am proud of the things we have accomplished in this country.

Hoover Dam is a magnificent structure. My government took us to Space. We have walked on the Moon. We are going to Mars and beyond.

After 9/11, my government provided the money and tools for a long recovery. My government did not cower, and gave me hope. Despite the fact I could smell the burned bodies, the twisted steel, and the terrible smoke that burned my nostrils, I knew my government was there for us.

I have never had the opportunity to sit on a $50,000 toilet. Does a hand come out and wipe your arse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality