Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 04:16 PM

595 posts, read 331,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Methinks thou doth protest too much.
Methinks you prefer your discussion opponents docile and stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 04:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
Methinks you prefer your discussion opponents docile and stupid.
Tsk, tsk mitch. Don't keep putting yourself down.

I suspect you're quite close to average intelligence.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:37 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
Methinks thou doth protest too much.
Nah...he just figured y'all out real quick.
Not that it's hard to do.
The most biased and hateful crew, replete with prejudicial proclamations...the other side of the Westboro Bap Crew.
Actually....I think y'all are worse. Cuz you try to pretend you're sumthin ur not. At least they lay their cards on the table.
And when many take exception to the hateful bashing, insults, mocking, and criticism...y'all call it "off topic".
As if the topics on a board titled "Religion & Spirituality" should be insulting those that embrace Religion & Spirituality, and cheering any downturn in that you can find.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:17 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,214,379 times
Quote:
Now THAT is an ad-hominem response!
Some people like being considered weird. I take it that's not what you were aiming for.

I don't mind heated and passionate debate, and even the well-placed ad hominem barb, but I really don't see any fruitful debate or discussion when the other person just makes things up out of thin air and even after being repeatedly told otherwise....argues the strawman you want to argue rather than the actual points (which...to your credit, you did also address).

You do this quite frequently, I'm disappointed to say. And I'm disappointed because you seem smarter than that. I just haven't the desire to unravel your projections for you....but I suspect you are capable enough if you honestly go back and read what was written to you without the predisposed angst you seem to have with atheists.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Nah...he just figured y'all out real quick.
Not that it's hard to do.
The most biased and hateful crew, replete with prejudicial proclamations...the other side of the Westboro Bap Crew.
Sorry, I have to disagree with you there. I don't think I could keep my stomach with those guys. Not only that but I am sure that both myself and them would agree that me and these here atheists are much alike. And it is true.... See, I don't believe in THEIR god any more than these atheists do.

Quote:
Actually....I think y'all are worse. Cuz you try to pretend you're sumthin ur not. At least they lay their cards on the table.
Oh come on! You are exaggerating terribly. We are just nitpicking over over a few definitions, that's all.

Quote:
And when many take exception to the hateful bashing, insults, mocking, and criticism...y'all call it "off topic".
Sore losers, eh? You might have a point there.

Quote:
As if the topics on a board titled "Religion & Spirituality" should be insulting those that embrace Religion & Spirituality, and cheering any downturn in that you can find.
LOL Now you make me laugh! Sorry. But since when have religious people been anything but insulting to those that embrace a different religion&spirituality?

Old 07-20-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
Some people like being considered weird.
In my house (which includes my mother who lives with us) weird IS considered a compliment.
And although it would only cause laughter if anybody did....
it doesn't come with a recommendation to get help.
But that is family... not strangers. We are light years from being family yet.

Quote:
I take it that's not what you were aiming for.
Who? aiming at who? with what?

Quote:
I just haven't the desire to unravel your projections for you....but I suspect you are capable enough if you honestly go back and read what was written to you without the predisposed angst you seem to have with atheists.
My revision of GldnRule's criticism would be this, you don't see yourselves clearly, AT ALL!

I don't have any predisposed angst with atheists. I don't even have as many differences of opinion as I do with the majority of Christians.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I suspect you're quite close to average intelligence.
Naw... I really doubt I am as close as you are.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:02 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,214,379 times
Quote:
My revision of GldnRule's criticism would be this, you don't see yourselves clearly, AT ALL!
That's because you are the arbiter of reason, right?

Old 07-20-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
That's because you are the arbiter of reason, right?
It may not be as lofty sounding as your arbiter of truth and justification title, but I think it is a lot more reasonable.

Last edited by mitchellmckain; 07-20-2016 at 06:22 PM..

Old 07-20-2016, 06:14 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
lost in the muck is the point. 1/2 truths lead to no conclusions worth a dern.

The phrase 'born atheist" is false when taken as a literal fact. That is logical

The phrase "born atheist" used to understand that religions, and even the word god, have information, that some correctly call baggage, has to be inputted into the baby before it follows a religion. That is also logical.

This is so true that I teach my kids about religion because most kids, not all follow, the lead. To have a real choice one must understand the choices. my parents let me choose. They gave me all the information they had. They were not perfect but they did their job. I chose not to believe in that omni-dude. Many parents don't do their jobs. so we get fundy's or ex-fundy's that are out of control.

Wedon't have to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality