Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 04:06 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
So is it your opinion that your words and the words of millions of like minded Christians and Muslims do not have any effect on the mindset of people, especially fellow believers , towards gays ? You can try to rationalize this all you wish , but just have the decency to answer this question .

Do you think that all the attacks you and others make on gays 24/7/365 have no effect on how people view them ?
I seriously doubt a belief that homosexuality is sin ALONE was the driving force to cause someone to commit an extreme act of violence. Insensitivity to gore and violence as well as complete devaluing of human life had to play a role in this shooter's mind. Who knows, he could have got those factors from violent video games and movies. Should we bann all those? People like you always want to blame someone else and act like your side can NEVER do anything wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 04:07 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
What is the opposite of free thinking, or open-minded, people?
Hate is hate regardless of whether one fancies themselves as "open minded". Something I see on this and other boards. Gotta love the broad brush wielded by the "open minded".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I think Westboro is enough. However there are other Christian hate groups, including White Supremacist, KKK, Neo Nazi. SPLC has a list of them.

Your daughter deserves protection from Bible toting hatemongers. Acceptance is just the start.
I can only imagine her fear when she uses a public bathroom.
Thanks for the list. I fail to see Southern Baptists or other mainstream Evangelical denominations on that list.

My daughter does not fear using the woman's room. She has breasts and dresses in woman's clothes. Can you imagine her walking into a men's room? And by the way, I tote a Bible. Have three versions on my iPhone and three book versions at home.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:07 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And God would be displeased if I caved into societal pressure from the left and start celebrating sin. That's what your side does.

Think about that next time you eat shelled fish or shave the hair on your face, all of which are listed as " abominations" " God's word" in the book of Leviticus also condones slavery, which is what slave masters in America used to justify what they did to black people. The reality is the laws in the book of Leviticus were created by man not God. And any laws directed by God if that is your belief, are the Ten Commandments. Curiously none of the Ten Commandments address homosexuality. Apparently its more of a sin to lie, steal, kill and commit adultery. Jesus didn't even talk about homosexuality in the scriptures.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeall View Post
Does it hunt not to be able to say that "Christians are the most persecuted group in America?" I know how much you loved holding that title, as it was a badge of honor for you. Much to your dismay, this catastrophic event will strengthen and unite the LGBT community.

I hope President Obama lights the White House tonight in the colors of the rainbow flag to honor the innocent victims who lost their lives due to nonsensical, antigay, religious beliefs.

And yet you and your ilk continue to spew venom against God's people daily on here. That's where the true hatred is. That same president called on the nation to pray for the victims. Isn't that a violation of separation of church and state?

Old 06-12-2016, 04:20 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Hate is hate regardless of whether one fancies themselves as "open minded". Something I see on this and other boards.

Thanks for the list. I fail to see Southern Baptists or other mainstream Evangelical denominations on that list.

My daughter does not fear using the woman's room. She has breasts and dresses in woman's clothes. Can you imagine her walking into a men's room? And by the way, I tote a Bible. Have three versions on my iPhone and three book versions at home. Gotta love the broad brush wielded by the "open minded".

Evangelicals only count when they are main stream?

Mainstream. You mean Pat Robertson? Is that main stream enough? How about that good Christian bible toting Lt. Gov of Texas. How about Kevin Swanson who calls for the murder of LGBTQ? Do they count?

I have several Bibles on my phone too. Your point is moot.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Think about that next time you eat shelled fish or shave the hair on your face, all of which are listed as " abominations" " God's word" in the book of Leviticus also condones slavery, which is what slave masters in America used to justify what they did to black people. The reality is the laws in the book of Leviticus were created by man not God. And any laws directed by God if that is your belief, are the Ten Commandments. Curiously none of the Ten Commandments address homosexuality. Apparently its more of a sin to lie, steal, kill and commit adultery. Jesus didn't evrn talk about homosexuality in the scriptures
Nothing here I haven't heard countless times. This has been debated to death and you are flat out wrong on every point. I don't need the OT to know that it is a sin.

"Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. " Romans 1:26-27

Old 06-12-2016, 04:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
That same president called on the nation to pray for the victims. Isn't that a violation of separation of church and state?
Nope.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:29 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Quote:
Nothing here I haven't heard countless times. This has been debated to death and you are flat out wrong on every point. I don't need the OT to know that it is a sin.

"Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. " Romans 1:26-27
where in the bible does God directly tells man homosexuality is sinful? From what is listed In the scripture is either man made laws written in the bible or someone's bias interpretation of what he thinks God said. Again Jesus, never mentioned it in the scriptures. You would think that would be a topic he would have preached about since its this so called great sin.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:

There it is! Fifty people are dead because they wanted to dance and enjoy themselves.....and Jeff wants to proclaim, "They're sinners!!"

Are you disappointed that you can't be at their funerals holding up a sign that says "Gays Are Sinners!!"?

Old 06-12-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
where in the bible does God directly tells man homosexuality is sinful? From what is listed In the scripture is either man made laws written in the bible or someone's bias interpretation of what he thinks God said. Again Jesus, never mentioned it in the scriptures. You would think that would be a topic he would have preached about since its this so called great sin.
Jesus never mentioned bestiality either. Must be completely ok then, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality