Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2016, 07:57 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,275,701 times

Advertisements

Jeff , folks like you make me wonder where Christianity went wrong . You certainly show nothing of Christ in your words and actions here .

There is something irreparably warped about conservative Christianity .

Last edited by wallflash; 06-21-2016 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 08:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,099,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Please show me one verse in the Bible that speaks positive of homosexuality.
I've never claimed it did. Since I'm not a fundamentalist I do not read the Bible looking for the parts about naughty bits and sex*. Nor do I make posts about those verses. Jesus, who never mentioned homosexuals, is, IMHO, more exciting then some musty Old Testament verse used by he fundies to discriminate against them. Wanna hear a verse about Jesus?

*Have you underlined those parts in case you get hit on the head and suffer some weird amnesia that would cause you forget to them?

Old 06-21-2016, 08:19 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,201,234 times
I don't recall Jesus ever saying to hate anybody. Him, being the crux of Christianity, shouldn't his teachings be the ones to go by, as the son of God?

Old 06-21-2016, 08:23 PM

63,585 posts, read 39,879,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I don't recall Jesus ever saying to hate anybody. Him, being the crux of Christianity, shouldn't his teachings be the ones to go by, as the son of God?
Yes, but the prophesied majority anti-Christ apostate Christianity in these latter days uses the Bible, NOT Christ, as their guide. It really should be called Bibleianity.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:23 PM

33,514 posts, read 37,067,980 times
Quote:
Please show me one verse in the Bible that speaks positive of homosexuality. It DOES NOT say people of a certain race won't inherit the kingdom of God. It DOES say people who practice homosexuality will not inherit the kingdom of God.
News flash for you Jeff....Most of us here do not take the bible literally, nor do we give it an ounce of credibility in regards to morality....Take a look in the mirror, and you will see an immoral person....A person who equates incest and pedophilia with homosexuality...It is people like you who cause the atmosphere in which an event like the Orlando massacre can happen.....Moderator cut: deleted

One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion.
Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by june 7th; 06-22-2016 at 03:33 AM.. Reason: Insulting

Old 06-21-2016, 08:30 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,687,437 times
Quote:
Freedom of religion is a law too, ya know. You are breaking the law by demanding that Christians violate their religion and limit our freedom. The laws you refer to are highly open to interpretation.
The law in Colorado is NOT open for interpretation. I hope it drives out the ugly christians so we can have peace and unity.

Colorado's anti discrimination act includes:

Sex
 Race/creed/color
 Religion
 Age
 National Origin or Ancestry
 Disability
 Marital Status
 Victims of Domestic Violence
 Employees Engaging in “Lawful Off-Duty Activitiesâ€
 Sexual Orientation (including transgender discrimination)
 Retaliation

Read it and stay out of our state if you are as bigoted as our jeff poster.

You can practice your hateful beliefs behind closed doors.

You are concerned about people being prejudiced toward you? Try practicing that unknown law of Jesus which has failed to penetrate a thick skull---love your neighbor as yourself---and in your case it would be quite an accomplishment since virtually every post you make is about YOU and YOUR rights. Homosexuals have rights, too, and the courts as well as a majority of Americans see them "trumping" yours.

If you kept a lip lock on those bigoted statements, none of the rest of us would care that your heart is a cesspool of hate. There would be no need for us to stand up for the people who are really and truly persecuted in this country and most countries around the world.

Your 15 minutes of fame are running out---and 50 years from now your church will be holding wedding ceremonies for gay couples.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,099,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Some of us think so.

Old 06-22-2016, 04:08 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,070,102 times
To OP,

In the latest updates about the fake doctors and fake crisis actors, is this a question related to any faith, anymore?

I mean seriously, Dr. Lube and Dr. Cheatham, and Dr. Chadwick, and Dr. Ibrahim and the crisis actors?

Old 06-22-2016, 04:48 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,148,731 times
Quote:
Please show me one verse in the Bible that speaks positive of homosexuality. It DOES NOT say people of a certain race won't inherit the kingdom of God. It DOES say people who practice homosexuality will not inherit the kingdom of God.
FLASH--we do not live under evangelical cultist christian sharia law in AMERICA..we live under the CONSTITUTION and the 14th amendment applies to ALL people--regardless of religious affiliation.

Old 06-22-2016, 05:17 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,592,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I have never seen Jeff state that anyone is justified in killing a gay person. Can you please quote that post, or link to it?
He or you don't have to, the petty god you love and worship has.

So you and he are off the hook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality