Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 02:00 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
If you refuse to explain just what you meant in a way that reconciles the statements, everyone will know that you were caught out contradicting yourself. Nobody minds if you do a rethink and mental repositioning, but to refuse to answer reflects no credit on you or the Faith you claim to believe. That's the burden you take on when you post in a public forum.
I explained myself several times. I'm good with whatever you think about my responses (or lack thereof).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 02:17 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So I misunderstood you when you said we have to accept our salvation by this profession or we are not saved???? I am not being argumentative, jimmie. I am really trying to understand how you reconcile these conflicting and contradictory things in your head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well, jimmie???
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I explained my position several times. I will not follow you any further down the rabbit hole. Make of that what you will.
I simply asked if you believe the bold is true and if so why is that NOT us saving ourselves instead of Jesus? There is no rabbit hole, just confusion about what you actually believe.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:39 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,657,533 times
I used to wonder about this as a child.

If I never believe in my heart of hearts that XYZ religion is the true way, but I live my life strictly according to its precepts, am I saved? Will God fault me for never developing faith, if I did every single thing they told me to do, and did not do the things they said were bad?

In other words, if it turns out that they were right, is the insurance policy approach even possible?

Old 06-22-2016, 08:43 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post

If I never believe in my heart of hearts that XYZ religion is the true way, but I live my life strictly according to its precepts, am I saved? Will God fault me for never developing faith, if I did every single thing they told me to do, and did not do the things they said were bad?

In other words, if it turns out that they were right, is the insurance policy approach even possible?
The fact that people still think God requires insurance policies is disheartening.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:50 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post

I assumed they were telling the truth about having the truth. I used to wonder what the elite had that I didn't. I couldn't see how I was any different from my classmates or my unbelieving family. I sat outside the classroom while they worldly children celebrated Christmas but I really wanted to be inside with them. I figured that alone was enough to mean I wasn't paradise material.

Turns out it wasn't me there was something wrong with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality