Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 07:36 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times

Advertisements

Awwww. Those poor poor things. What is more important to them? Money, or their religious beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 07:38 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Well, then, it's a topic I would prefer not to touch.
No worries...I can educate myself.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:39 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Awwww. Those poor poor things. What is more important to them? Money, or their religious beliefs.
Why do you believe atheistic, or secular institutions are more deserving of federal assistance than anyone else? Why is one worldview more deserving of another?

Old 06-25-2016, 07:57 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Well, really the comparative methods of debate tend to show why.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:03 AM

We keep getting told the slippery slope isn't real. We keep getting told that all gay people want is to be treated equal. But we see the continued attack on common sense and innocent people. What is wrong with simply wanting to protect the innocent person that wants to use a bathroom in private? What is wrong with wanting to respect everyone ELSE?

I have no doubt that in the next few years we will see a church sued for not performing a same-sex wedding. It's where things are going. This whole bathroom thing is simply a distraction. There is a much bigger fight going on.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why do you believe atheistic, or secular institutions are more deserving of federal assistance than anyone else? Why is one worldview more deserving of another?
Because one wishes to discriminate, and the other does not. It is not about who deserves. It is a matter of law. Institutions taking our tax dollars are not allowed to descriminate.

All they have to do is stop taking taxpayer dollars. It is that simple.

They seem to value money more than their religious beliefs. Seems odd.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
We keep getting told the slippery slope isn't real. We keep getting told that all gay people want is to be treated equal. But we see the continued attack on common sense and innocent people. What is wrong with simply wanting to protect the innocent person that wants to use a bathroom in private? What is wrong with wanting to respect everyone ELSE?

I have no doubt that in the next few years we will see a church sued for not performing a same-sex wedding. It's where things are going. This whole bathroom thing is simply a distraction. There is a much bigger fight going on.
If your church takes tax exemption, it means you value money more than your religious beliefs. If a gay couple of a any faith wishes to get married in their Church, and they are denied, be prepared to lose your exemption.
Sooner or later this issue will go to the Supremes. It will be a tax issue, not a marriage issue.

Bathrooms are private Viz. They have doors. Children should never go to a public toilet by themselves in the first place. The issue is designed to discriminate against the LGBTQ community. I think public bathrooms should have no gender assignment, and the claims of imminent danger is fear mongering.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Because one wishes to discriminate, and the other does not. It is not about who deserves. It is a matter of law. Institutions taking our tax dollars are not allowed to descriminate.
That's exactly what I've said. Atheists are allowed to discriminate based on their worldview.
Quote:

All they have to do is stop taking taxpayer dollars. It is that simple.

They seem to value money more than their religious beliefs. Seems odd.
Why do we have to give up our 1st Amendment rights, when someone that believes God does not exist and operates from that worldview does not?

Old 06-25-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
If your church takes tax exemption, it means you value money more than your religious beliefs. If a gay couple of a any faith wishes to get married in their Church, and they are denied, be prepared to lose your exemption.
Sooner or later this issue will go to the Supremes. It will be a tax issue, not a marriage issue.
And when that day comes, I'm afraid my church will lose their tax exempt status. It will severely harm our ability to operate. I believe God is in control and Christianity will not cease to exist.
Quote:
Bathrooms are private Viz. They have doors. Children should never go to a public toilet by themselves in the first place. The issue is designed to discriminate against the LGBTQ community. I think public bathrooms should have no gender assignment, and the claims of imminent danger is fear mongering.
So you think that the mythical LGBTQ rights take precedence over 1st Amendment rights?

I get it that we cannot use our rights to walk on the rights of others...but why is it ok to do the opposite? Why are other rights more important than our 1st Amendment rights?

Old 06-25-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
That's exactly what I've said. Atheists are allowed to discriminate based on their worldview.

Why do we have to give up our 1st Amendment rights, when someone that believes God does not exist and operates from that worldview does not?
I am not Atheist. Your assumptions about faith are moot.

Your first amendments rights end where mine begin. We both have them and there are limits.

You value money more than your religious beliefs. Just admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality