Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 06:53 AM

351 posts, read 226,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
I don't know that it 'matters', as such, but the point is a good one:

If, as Keepy says, the way of the Lord is right, and the way of the Lord is to slaughter the wicked, is He still worthy of respect and worship?

The Ten Commandments say it prominently: 'thou shalt not kill'. If Christians shouldn't kill, and God is somehow 'allowed' to kill the wicked and sinful simply by virtue of His being God (and supposedly morally unassailable), does God still deserve respect and worship?

I mean, if you tell someone 'not to step on the ants' and then proceed to stomp all over them yourself, what does that say about your integrity?
if therefore someone hears the ten commands but pays no attention, his death is his own fault. his life could be spared if he took warning.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
You didn't answer. Is the god you worship and praise worthy of being called Christian?
set the empty copper pot on the coals so it may become red hot and glow, that its rust burn away. now, efforts to clean the pot has failed, so let the pot get much redhot then it will become ritually clean. i the lord wants to cleanse you, i will not feel pity and hold back punishment.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Im so glad i got my bit of Jesus today, i was worried I wouldnt be able to fit it in!
i was without speech, when i had felt the power of the lord the night before, on the fifth of the tenth month. and the lord gave me back the power of speech.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:44 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepy View Post
i was without speech, when i had felt the power of the lord the night before, on the fifth of the tenth month. and the lord gave me back the power of speech.
Klaatu barada nikto.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:54 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Klaatu barada nikto.
Cute.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:43 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
Quote:
You didn't answer. Is the god you worship and praise worthy of being called Christian?
Quote:
set the empty copper pot on the coals so it may become red hot and glow, that its rust burn away. now, efforts to clean the pot has failed, so let the pot get much redhot then it will become ritually clean. i the lord wants to cleanse you, i will not feel pity and hold back punishment.
So you wouldn't consider your god christian like.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:46 AM

Quote:
So you wouldn't consider your god christian like.
when this comes to pass, they shall understand that, the pride of your might shall come to an end, because of what they have done that the lord hates.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:36 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
Quote:
when this comes to pass, they shall understand that, the pride of your might shall come to an end, because of what they have done that the lord hates.
Thought your lord was all about agape love?

Old 12-01-2016, 10:30 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,971 times
Quote:
if therefore someone hears the ten commands but pays no attention, his death is his own fault. his life could be spared if he took warning.
That's not my point, Keepy.

God told his followers that killing was not allowed, and yet He Himself has no problem with condemning an entire city to death, turning a woman to salt, or flooding an entire planet and killing every living thing.

Warning, shmarning. If God isn't going to abide by his own rules, he has no right to demand that his followers obey them.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:26 AM

Quote:
That's not my point, Keepy.

God told his followers that killing was not allowed, and yet He Himself has no problem with condemning an entire city to death, turning a woman to salt, or flooding an entire planet and killing every living thing.

Warning, shmarning. If God isn't going to abide by his own rules, he has no right to demand that his followers obey them.
the way of the lord is right, it is our own ways that are not good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality