Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 06:20 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I would visit the Ark Park if it was next door to me and cost $100.00 entrance fee.

The use of public monies to fund it was a really good use of money. For generations to come, children will see the enormity of the Ark and how functional it was. It will de-brainwash them from the atheist agenda taught them in schools.
Only if they are really, really bad at spatial relationships.

How were the wooden floors reinforced to support the weight of two 80 ton brachiosauruses, do you suppose?

Old 07-11-2016, 06:21 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
But it isn't, though. The Ark was much smaller than a cruise ship, which seem a bit crowded with just 5,000 passengers and re-supplying food every few days. Tens of millions of animals plus food to feed them all for more than a year? Laughable.
Ken Ham's Ark representation is really great at showing children and adults who have been brainwashed by the atheist agenda that such a huge ship was plenty enough room for the animals and food.

There weren't "tens of millions of animals" on the ark. That is just silly atheist agenda nonsense.

Here is an excellent link on how many animals were needed on the ark:
https://answersingenesis.org/noahs-a...care-for-them/

Old 07-11-2016, 06:23 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Only if they are really, really bad at spatial relationships.

How were the wooden floors reinforced to support the weight of two 80 ton brachiosauruses, do you suppose?
The Bible doesn't say the brachiosaurus was on the ark. But if there were, there would be 7 pair of them, not two.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Ken Ham's Ark representation is really great at showing children and adults who have been brainwashed by the atheist agenda that such a huge ship was plenty enough room for the animals and food.

There weren't "tens of millions of animals" on the ark. That is just silly atheist agenda nonsense.

Here is an excellent link on how many animals were needed on the ark:
https://answersingenesis.org/noahs-a...care-for-them/
The Bible says two of every kind of animal. Are you saying the Bible is incorrect on this point?

Old 07-11-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
The Bible doesn't say the brachiosaurus was on the ark.
True, the Bible just says two of every kind, and brachiosaurus may well have been unclean, so no need for seven pairs.

Ken Ham says dinosaurs were on the ark.

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
That was funded with public monies? How the hell ... ?!!!

Still, 4000 on day one is OK. It would need to have impressed them to start a word of mouth advertising thing. The metal tubing animal pens don't impress me much.

Oops! ???
Still extrapolates out to about 1.5 million per year. I hate the damned thing, but I don't know if I'd write it off as a failure just on this data alone.

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Maybe you can ask them at the Creative Science Museums if you can get in for free? I'm sure you could learn something positive rather than just spewing negativity about Christians.
No thanks, I know who the person who runs it.

Quote:
That is their fault, not the Christian's nor Ken Ham's.
Why should any group suck off the taxpayer teat? Whatever happened to self reliance? Our little historical society does more good for the village than that creative fairy tale building ever will. Heck, we even run a disbanded church. The parishioners abandoned it 25 years ago. Good to keep the history, and remind tourists of how superstitious settlers used to be.

Most of us have evolved. Most of us.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
The Bible doesn't say the brachiosaurus was on the ark. But if there were, there would be 7 pair of them, not two.
Oh, 7 pair of them, OK. So fourteen 80 ton animals on a wooden ship.

How about the other dinosaurs? Are they clean as well?

Old 07-11-2016, 06:32 PM

Here is a statement made earlier today on the other Ark Encounter thread written by Transponder:

Quote:
When I first heard the claim that dinosaurs were on the Ark, I wondered "Why?" The Flood surely was the explanation for the extinction. Why on earth have dinosaurs on the Ark when you didn't need to? I found out later that Creationists were forced to put dinosaurs on the Ark when they decided which were the strata laid down by the flood and then it was pointed out that there were dinosaur tracks in the flood levels.

Therefore dinosaurs had to have survived the Flood and thus Noah must have had dinosaurs on the Ark, too. That really meant that he needed to have ALL prehistoric animals on the ark.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:51 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Maybe they bar-b-q'd a few unclean animals to feed the clean animals. And a fun time was had by all! Just kidding.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality