Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2016, 02:03 PM

63,591 posts, read 39,886,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Oh yes. Unicorns were in the Ark. The Bible mentions them. There will probably be a cage labelled "Behemoth" and possibly even a pool for a couple of baby Leviathans.

Recall a cartoon "Why there are no Unicorns".
2 unicorns on the Ark.

"Hi, horney, my name's Sarah, what's yours?|

"Rebecca."
Unicorn Song

Old 07-09-2016, 02:27 PM

10,952 posts, read 5,921,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
In which Bible verse does Jesus command you to spend millions building theme parks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Where is the verse where He says not to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Luke 12:33
Dang it! Don't you just hate these people that know their bible?

New Living Translation
"Sell your possessions and give to those in need. This will store up treasure for you in heaven! And the purses of heaven never get old or develop holes. Your treasure will be safe; no thief can steal it and no moth can destroy it."

Does that answer your question, Eusie?

Now can we have the answer to Petunia's question, please?

5,190 posts, read 5,325,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Look chum, the *unbeliever* said it was wrong for Christians to be spending money on theme parks rather than on the poor. At the same time, Atheists are spending huge amounts of money on billboards making fun of God and the Bible rather than on the poor. So the guy and atheists are a bunch of hypocrites. And that is another crash and burn for you!, not me.
Can you please provide a picture of one billboard erected by some atheist group that "makes fun of god and The Bible?"

Just one?

Shouldn't be hard, right? I mean, what with all these "huge amounts of money" they are sinking into them.

Also would love to hear, since you are obviously such an expert on the subject, how much money is being spent, a rough figure will do...you must be getting your data from somewhere, right?

Just one photo of the kind of billboard you refer to, and a ballpark estimate of how much is being spent on these.

Thanks.

10,202 posts, read 7,898,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Dang it! Don't you just hate these people that know their bible?

New Living Translation
"Sell your possessions and give to those in need. This will store up treasure for you in heaven! And the purses of heaven never get old or develop holes. Your treasure will be safe; no thief can steal it and no moth can destroy it."

Does that answer your question, Eusie?

Somehow I think you may get an "out of context" response.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:30 PM

50,083 posts, read 20,601,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Thanks Mystic. What a sad song..the Unicorns got swept away...with all the rest of creation. Worth hearing if only for the audacious versification..."Geese" rhymes with "Chimpanzees".

Old 07-09-2016, 02:31 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,325,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

I don't think I've EVER seen Eusebius or jeffbase answer a single question. Not even the most clear-cut, simple and direct ones.

Seriously, can anyone post a link to where one of these characters has ever given a real response to an honest question?

Old 07-09-2016, 03:28 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,898,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I don't think I've EVER seen Eusebius or jeffbase answer a single question. Not even the most clear-cut, simple and direct ones.

Seriously, can anyone post a link to where one of these characters has ever given a real response to an honest question?
Nope.

That is just not in a fundamentalist's DNA. They have not evolved that far yet.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:33 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,020,314 times
4,000 people showed up --- one for every year the earth has been around.

Maybe if they taught proper science, 4 billion people would have shown up!

Old 07-09-2016, 03:38 PM

10,081 posts, read 5,712,443 times
Quote:

Typical arrogance. You know, why should I ever bother anymore when I get posts like this? I have answered countless direct questions here and often back up my arguments with supporting links. Let's see how well you fare in a forum where 98% of the responders are on the opposing side.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:40 PM

10,081 posts, read 5,712,443 times
Quote:
Can you please provide a picture of one billboard erected by some atheist group that "makes fun of god and The Bible?"

Just one?

Shouldn't be hard, right? I mean, what with all these "huge amounts of money" they are sinking into them.

Also would love to hear, since you are obviously such an expert on the subject, how much money is being spent, a rough figure will do...you must be getting your data from somewhere, right?

Just one photo of the kind of billboard you refer to, and a ballpark estimate of how much is being spent on these.

Thanks.
Here's one.

Atheist Billboard Campaign Trolls 'Noah's Ark' Theme Park That Won't Hire Gays | Advocate.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.