Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 02:00 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,322,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
They were atheists and they murdered millions. Deny it all you want. You are only denying facts.
LOL! That's like saying "They had two lungs and they murdered millions." Yep, they all certainly did have two lungs ... and the fact that they all had two lungs in common had about as much to do with their murdering of millions as their atheism did.

You can't simply claim that they were all atheists and then assert that it was their atheism commonality that caused them to murder millions. That's a hideously constructed argument.

You have to PROVE that it was their atheism that caused them to murder. You can't just say it.

Now ... get to PROVING your assertion or stop misusing historical facts to suit your agenda.

Myself and every other knowledgeable historian thanks you in advance.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:13 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,322,546 times
Quote:
SO you want to destroy Christianity and religious freedom? Might as well burn the Constitution then.
Your kind is doing a fine job of burning the Constitution enough as it is, thank you (not).

It's just really puke-inducing when fascists hide behind words like "freedom" when they have no intention of allowing others to be free.

You've demonstrated again and again your belief that fundamentalist Christianity should dominate everyone and that everyone should be made to obey your religion and bow to your god. Freedom? Pah!

It's like listening to criminals complain that their "freedom" is being curtailed because they can't steal, rape, or murder.

"But ... but ... why can't my religion do whatever it damn well pleases ... and do it to whomever we damn well please ... because it says so right here in the Bible!"

"And ... and ... if my religion CAN'T do whatever it damn well pleases ... and if my rights as a Christian do not supersede the rights of non-Christians, well ... you're just out to destroy Christianity! Yeah! You want to kill us all, put us in camps, toss us into gas chambers, feed us to lions like in the good ol' days, and otherwise strip us of our right to even say a prayer in our HEAD. Yeah! You meanies!"

Here's a Kleen-Ex.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:13 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post

OH! That's OK then. If I con you out of money by saying I need to buy a car and, after getting your money, I do buy a car, that will be OK will it?
Gottim again
Quote:
SO you want to destroy Christianity and religious freedom? Might as well burn the Constitution then.
Like you want to destroy atheism and OUR freedom to be non religious? Oh, of course you don't mind if we don't believe. Well you are a nice guy Jeff, but President Bush wasn't so nice, and we have had warning that we cannot trust you people to give us a fair deal.

George H.W. Bush "Atheist" Remark
Reporter (Roger I. Sherman): Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?
Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God. (1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UAmt_F2F8Q

And I was looking for this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pwwvBygoFA

So we want a secular -society that allows freedom for LL religions, - or none - and not just the one you favour to do whatever it likes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
They didn't murder millions in the name of atheism, which is what your religion has done. They didn't even murder as many people as your BibleGod did.
Jeff must be struggling if he needs to drag out the only argument he has left:

Stalin
Pol Pot
Hitler.

(1) It must be noted that this is based on one reporter's record, but Neither Bush nor his advisors have ever denied this. Though I do recall some attempts to whitewash over it, draw a line under it and "move on" at the time. And I have no doubt, reading Vizio and Jeff and they way they argue, that this is a view they would agree with, even if they said they didn't.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 07-16-2016 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: Tidy -up

Old 07-16-2016, 04:26 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear Rafius, if you would like to take this over to the Christian message board or start a new thread on this matter here, that would be fine too. Let me know what you want to do. You can pm me if you want. I can save this post of yours and we can re-post it in our own thread if you want.
Thanks.
Quote:

Rafius replied: I was responding to YOUR post 577
And I was responding to YOUR post 650.

So how about it? Do you want to have a friendly exchange or just a one-way street where only you communicate your ideas?

Old 07-16-2016, 04:41 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
And I was responding to YOUR post 650.

So how about it? Do you want to have a friendly exchange or just a one-way street where only you communicate your ideas?
What about it Raffs? Do you want to have a conversation with my dear old pal and blood brother Eusebius, who never, listens, never researches, never learns, never remembers and never admits he's wrong, beaten or debunked? Or would you rather spend hours yelling at flies: "Stop that bloody buzzing!!!"

Old 07-16-2016, 04:52 AM

11,020 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Quote:
Atheist leaders have slaughtered millions. Your camp isn't exactly blood free.
None of them slaughtered anyone in the name of your god. Your god slaughtered the total world population, not to mention the animals. So not only do we have people slaughtering others in the name of this god but we have this same god doing the slaughtering! And don't forget all the Egyptian first borns.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:53 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Public fund refers to the funds of every political division of a state wherein taxes are levied for public purposes. The term public fund also covers:

1. the revenue or money of a government, state, or municipal corporation; and

2. the bonds, stock, or other securities of a national or state government.

The term also refers to the government spending for acquisition of goods and services for current use to directly satisfy individual or collective needs of the members of the community.

*This worthless project was funded by TIF bonds which, = Public funds in some form of tax*.

This is a huge assumption.
More than 2,000 years of this myth is long enough and because the US is the only country in the WORLD where 42% of the population hold christian fundamentalists beliefs. History has clearly demonstrated that a nation full of christian fundamentalists, is a very dangerous place.

I posted the actual KRS Statute above on the tax 'break'... which Churchill Downs, Red River Gorge, The Bourbon Trail, the Yum Center, etc... also get.

And no, outside of that little town halfway between Lex and Cincy, few know, and fewer care, about this Ark Museum or the 'Creation' Museum he also opened. It is rarely on the news, in the paper, or a topic of conversation.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:49 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Quote:
Atheist leaders have slaughtered millions. Your camp isn't exactly blood free.
As has been pointed out numerous times, the two--TWO--figures you can possibly say this about didn't really kill in the name of atheism per se. Yes, religion was outlawed under Stalin and the Khmer Rouge, and I have no problem saying churches and the religious (along with all manner of other groups) were treated horribly under those regimes, what we might legitimately say about those evil bastards is that they replaced religion with a cult of personality, or a "religion of the state."

This doesn't forgive their atrocities, but their slaughter had to do with power and control. The fact many religious people suffered was incidental to the state/dictator seizing and retaining control and power. To say "Well, these a-holes were atheists and they killed off believers!" is a gross mischaracterization and misrepresentation of history.

Quote:
Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 07-16-2016 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: Calling another member a "liar" is most certainly insulting them!!!

Old 07-16-2016, 08:37 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
LOL! That's like saying "They had two lungs and they murdered millions." Yep, they all certainly did have two lungs ... and the fact that they all had two lungs in common had about as much to do with their murdering of millions as their atheism did.

You can't simply claim that they were all atheists and then assert that it was their atheism commonality that caused them to murder millions. That's a hideously constructed argument.

You have to PROVE that it was their atheism that caused them to murder. You can't just say it.

Now ... get to PROVING your assertion or stop misusing historical facts to suit your agenda.

Myself and every other knowledgeable historian thanks you in advance.
Atheism fuels their mentality. Obviously since atheists believer life has no meaning and we are just organic bodies consuming resources then I can see someone completely lose empathy and value for human life.

OTOH, claiming Christians are hypocrites because of the actions of a few is illogical and wrong.

Old 07-16-2016, 08:42 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
None of them slaughtered anyone in the name of your god. Your god slaughtered the total world population, not to mention the animals. So not only do we have people slaughtering others in the name of this god but we have this same god doing the slaughtering! And don't forget all the Egyptian first borns.
God slaughtered no one. God only took back what He gave in the first place. Your body, your talents, your job, your social life, your family, your car, all belongs to God. None of it would exist without God. He has every right to take it back.

If I built a house, gave it to a friend, and that friends uses the house to break the law or hurt people, I would want my house back. Or just tear it down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality