Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2016, 06:56 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,726,432 times

Advertisements

As I have pointed out earlier, I believe this OP is nothing more than fodder for Christian bashing. It really doesn't matter what a Christian says or how they act, they will always get attacked by the leftist atheist, free-thinker crowd. This article is prime example of such.

So here we get to see what happens when Christians and "free-thinkers" meet in person at the Ark encounter. First the free-thinker group tried to make up their own rules so only their voice was here. Wow so typical. They don't want an open discussion. They only want their ideology to get attention.

Quote:

I had made about 30 signs for the protest (view them HERE) and as I was sorting through them Tony Arnold, PR Director for the Tri-State Freethinkers approached our vehicle and began to explain how the day was going to work. He told our crew that we were going to be on the other side of the off-ramp and could come over to their side upon request to interview a spokesperson, however, we were not to engage the protesters one on one. Rather confused at this I responded and let Tony know that we were fine just where we were. We were on public land and had every right to be there as they did.

Quote:

How many atheists took us up on the offer to talk with Jake? Zero, None, Nada. Once again I found myself stunned. Here a group of people who claim to be “rational” and focus on “reason” did not want to have a rational and reasonable conversation with us. Could this be what Peter was referring to when he said that people in the last days were going to be “willingly ignorant.”?

Second, the Christians followed the example of Christ by being kind and generous even to those who hate them. They offered free drinks and food to the protesters. The reaction?

Quote:

That is when we hit snag number two. The leadership of the Freethinkers told their congregation not to drink any of the “Creationist Gatorade.” I was stunned at the lack of gratitude toward our gesture of love for them.
Finally, another example how they have absolutely no interest in understanding the Christian perspective. They just want to mock us.

Quote:

David Silverman, president of the American Agnostics was sitting just a few feet away and began to mock. I invited the “freethinkers” over to talk with Tim, but no one seemed to budge and David Silverman even walked away.

Sad that we can't come together and enjoy fellowship and friendly discussion on any level. Christians are not the reason for that.

Creationists Lead 21 Atheist Protesters Through Ark | Creation Today

Old 07-17-2016, 07:12 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
As I have pointed out earlier, I believe this OP is nothing more than fodder for Christian bashing. It really doesn't matter what a Christian says or how they act, they will always get attacked by the leftist atheist, free-thinker crowd. This article is prime example of such.

So here we get to see what happens when Christians and "free-thinkers" meet in person at the Ark encounter. First the free-thinker group tried to make up their own rules so only their voice was here. Wow so typical. They don't want an open discussion. They only want their ideology to get attention.
Ironic, because that's precisely what you're doing.

Making up your own rules. Avoiding open discussion. Trying to discredit your opponents. Promoting your own ideology.

'I can't refute any of their points logically, so I'll resort to cheap avoidance tactics!'

You must really think I'm an idiot if you expect me to buy the 'injured martyr' routine.

Quote:
Finally, another example how they have absolutely no interest in understanding the Christian perspective. They just want to mock us.
And another excuse that oh so conveniently removes any need for you to actually discuss the points at hand. 'They don't want to talk, they just want to make fun of us'.

Quote:
Sad that we can't come together and enjoy fellowship and friendly discussion on any level. Christians are not the reason for that.
[/quote]

Oh, come off it, Jeff. You don't want fellowship. You want to be right. You want everyone else to be wrong. If you really wanted fellowship and friendly discussion, you wouldn't resort to all of these cheap, lazy avoidance tactics.

Quote:
Fred talks about my actions. Actions? This is a discussion board. You share ideas, not actions.
Oh, right. Excuse-generating wordplay. I'm looking at you as an example of what you claim is 'Christian' behavior. Your constant duck-and-dodge doesn't do you or your religion any credit.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:13 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,676,434 times
Quote:

Second, the Christians followed the example of Christ by being kind and generous even to those who hate them. They offered free drinks and food to the protesters. The reaction?

Creationists Lead 21 Atheist Protesters Through Ark | Creation Today
Jeff, it doesn't matter whether they invited them in for coffee and buns and a free guided tour or threw rocks at them. The Ark is a gross waste of money, (and may even be a fraud), it is a sham as 'educational' and like all manifestations of Creationism, is non -science, non -education and not the sort of place to which school trips should be organized.

Atheists, protestors and those who invoke the law to bring down one Christian fundamentalist -based initiative after another may seem to you nasty and hostile and maybe they are. The fact is that Creationism is bunk -by a court decision, and Religion is also bunk, if reason and evidence counts for anything. So the bottom line is - we are right and you are wrong, no matter how much you may try to buy the truth with free soup.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:35 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,317,473 times
Quote:
Thanks my brother. Yeah I've complained so many times that it just irks me when people here direct the conversation towards me personally instead of the sticking to the main topic. It's not so much the personal insults that bother me, but rather the attitude that it is perfectly fine to use this tactic and mock Christians. And if I respond in a biting fashion, I'm the one doing wrong?

Fred talks about my actions. Actions? This is a discussion board. You share ideas, not actions. People act like it's real life here. Besides, I get dumped on even if I share about my real life actions. A few weeks ago, I opened up a little about my personal life and how I use the healing power of music and play fingerstyle guitar for assisted living and alzheimer patients. What was the reaction here? That I should be ashamed because I am playing for rich people. Unbelievable. I have to admit, that really offended me. It doesn't matter what we say or do. They will always find a way to criticize.
I am sorry you do not like having your ideas crictized.

I am going to take your word as the truth. My life is meaningless as you say. I am going to cancel my upcoming doctor's appointment because why address one's health issues if life is meaningless. With a meaningless and worthless life why should I treat my wife, family and friends with love and tenderness. I will immediately start mistreating them, perhaps start beating my wife. She is also an atheist so it should not matter to her, right. Many of my coworkers are Christians, I will find out who they and start being nasty to them. I may not always suceed but I will give it my best effort. Your words about atheist gives me guidance and a good start. You will be pleased that your accusations will come true. I can also stop supporting organizations that work with the protection of wildlife and habitat because as you say my life is meaningless, there is little reason to help the needy and as you say I can only do good deeds for selfish reasons and wildlife cannot repay me so I must be wasting my time.

I will now go to the Christian theology threads and start putting Christians done. Vizio is right about me not knowing theology so I will use your lack of knowledge about animals or science as guidance. It should not matter to me if they do not like it because as you say my life has to be meaningless. And I will try to be rude 100% of the time to fulfill your claims.

It is going to be a challenge to be the nasty, mean and worthless person you claim that every atheist is. On posts I could just substitute Christian for atheist on your post as a starting place until I get the hang of it. And God for evolution, yea that works.

I am not sure I will like being the person who lives up to your proclamations, sounds to much like yourself. And I am confused about the gays, I will of course not be promoting keeping them as second class citizens but seeing as I am not supposed to care about anything, including my own life and wife, how can I stop caring about the mistreatment of others? I guess I am going to have to do that.

Thank you for your expertise on atheists and how we behave as now I realize my life was wasted caring about my friends and famiky, society and the environment and especially missing my deceased dogs and cats who all this time I thought had personalities and that I loved and now finding out from you that they did not and unknown to me I cannot love or miss them.

Thank you for setting me free to be the person I would never want to be.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:10 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,300,854 times
Can't wait to read the reports from the other side.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:06 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,912,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Also, I'm not so sure the Bible says the bear killed those thugs.

Also, those Israelite thugs were living under the law and so should have known never to hurl insults at a prophet. Those thugs are an indicator of the rest of Israel at that time who had thrown the law aside and were killing God's prophets. Sometimes drastic measures are needed to get the rest of the nation to start listening to God's prophet since the whole nation was under all the curses of the law should they not do all the law.

Smoked some of the good stuff just before writing this, have you ya old slug? Give it a break. IN CONTEXT, the prophet had a hissy fit, and the toddlers got clawed, mauled, and mutilated.

Nice flippin' gawd who does that.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Some of the interpretations say young boys, young lads, or just boys. None of them mention "thugs" at all, nor does it mention being encircled. I doubt that any adult in any other context would support an attack by a bear, whether deadly or simply injurious, as a just punishment for a verbal insult.
No, no normal adult would. But it takes a special kind to to that and support it. You know, like christians maybe?

Naaa,... couldn't be. Them be religious folk and no way would they support that kind of violence. They leave that to them muslims that Trump wants to deport.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Seeing I'm the OP, I find it strange that you would equate someone who sees the hypocrisy in so much that some christians do, and exposes it, as immediately being branded as a leftist. Talk about stereotyping, Jeffie boy. Being a logical, reason capable freethinker and rejecting the belief in any god has nothing to do with one's political and economic philosophy, just their religious understanding.

That would be like making fun of all christian, wouldn't it? Just because of the lunacy of the fundievangelicals that keep trying to make their imaginary fairy tales the basis for all of societies way of life. I can think of many christians and their sects who keep their personal beliefs separate from trying to impose those on the general public, and strongly belief that church and state, as represented by the severally normal taxpayer, should be kept well separated.

No, Jeffie boy, it is those that think the bible is a history book and a set of instructions for all that people rail against. And get used to it, you and your ilk will keep declining as an influence in Europe and the Americas.

Thank fully.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:34 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,317,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Seeing I'm the OP, I find it strange that you would equate someone who sees the hypocrisy in so much that some christians do, and exposes it, as immediately being branded as a leftist. Talk about stereotyping, Jeffie boy. Being a logical, reason capable freethinker and rejecting the belief in any god has nothing to do with one's political and economic philosophy, just their religious understanding.

That would be like making fun of all christian, wouldn't it? Just because of the lunacy of the fundievangelicals that keep trying to make their imaginary fairy tales the basis for all of societies way of life. I can think of many christians and their sects who keep their personal beliefs separate from trying to impose those on the general public, and strongly belief that church and state, as represented by the severally normal taxpayer, should be kept well separated.

No, Jeffie boy, it is those that think the bible is a history book and a set of instructions for all that people rail against. And get used to it, you and your ilk will keep declining as an influence in Europe and the Americas.

Thank fully.
Signs going up at your place Notley 2017 😀😁😂

Old 07-17-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Signs going up at your place Notley 2017 😀😁😂
Not fair! Not sure if Kenney or Jean will be the ones appearing on your lawn. Hey, I noticed the Wildrose trounced all the other parties in fund raising last quarter. Combined.

P.S. to our American friends. Us Canadians actually take our politics quite serious. But we have many more parties to argue about. However, if any one of them started even hinting at bringing religion into the public sphere, they get quickly degraded down to the bottom of the pile. We do not accept that. Conservative or left-wing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.