Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 09:25 AM

2,212 posts, read 543,406 times

Advertisements

What is the real work you were meant to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 09:35 AM

261 posts, read 156,662 times
If you have to try and publicise your garbage on this forum with so many spam threads, I guess not too many people are taking much notice of it!

Old 07-16-2016, 09:46 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula spider View Post
If you have to try and publicise your garbage on this forum with so many spam threads, I guess not too many people are taking much notice of it!
Probably *ignore* is best. The believers no doubt have their own churches and no inclination to buy what someone else is peddling. Forum is open to him to try, though.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:29 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Apart from the employment for your income which can be many things , which even Jesus spirit can give insight in what can be a bonus ....... The works of Christ can be many things also , as it should come with the baptism of Holy Spirit as only the things which Jesus does through people will have rewards in heaven , where the things people do for the true righteousness of Jesus will be remembered by God , and be part of the development of selflessness , and the fruits of the spirit which are needed in the afterlife ....... The works of Christ come by the callings of Christ as all gifts of the Holy spirit are there primary for the great commission of souls for heaven , but these gifts can be used to bless others in their development in Christ ..... See the gifts of the Holy Spirit is the grace of God working were people are in unity with God ...... The works of Christ do not save us , as the obedience to get saved and keep saved are not considered works of Christ , as salvation is a gift of God ...........

Old 07-17-2016, 12:08 PM

2,212 posts, read 543,406 times
The Word of God! It is marrow to your bones. It is unction. It is resurrection from every weakness. It is life from the dead.

"See that you walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be not unwise, but understand what the will of God is." - Ephesians 5:15-17

You know there are things you are doing now that are temporary. You are doing them only until you find the thing God wants you to do, the real work you were meant to do. When the fire reaches your core, you will trash all the vestiges of harmless, powerless living.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:06 PM

My God. I bet you sound good at the lectern.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:56 PM

19,993 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
My God. I bet you sound good at the lectern.
We don't have lecterns in America, we have pulpits. Have to say I like your word better though.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:01 PM

19,993 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Finch View Post
You know there are things you are doing now that are temporary. You are doing them only until you find the thing God wants you to do, the real work you were meant to do. When the fire reaches your core, you will trash all the vestiges of harmless, powerless living.
Well what has always set me on fire is software development. As a Christian I would have credited god with this ... destiny. In point of fact though, god isn't needed to explain it. It is simply my personal strengths and interests intersecting with the right form of expression.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
We don't have lecterns in America, we have pulpits. Have to say I like your word better though.
Sorry! I bin watching too many you tubes of Creationists reading from a Universal Compendium of science and History called "Genesis" and using what looked like a lectern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Well what has always set me on fire is software development. As a Christian I would have credited god with this ... destiny. In point of fact though, god isn't needed to explain it. It is simply my personal strengths and interests intersecting with the right form of expression.
I'm thinking we godless hellspawn should leave Albert here a clear field. Let the Sheep nibble at him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality