Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 03:20 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Can't rep ya yet, but spot on!

Folks like Viz want to go back to the days that they think were so much better. What they don't realize, is that during that time, it was only better for white, male Christians. Then again, they are all white, male Christians...... Hmm.....

The very fact that he sees no problem with marginalizing the minority speaks volume of his "religion".

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-20-2016 at 05:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've never said that somoene who is not part of my religion is less of a person. Do you realize that?

I actually said that if everyone in a town wants to be satanist, they have that right. Did you see that?
Oh yea, I saw where you said that if they were in the minority they don't matter. Everyone else saw it to. Just because you like to play word games and never say what you actually mean, doesn't mean we don't see through that, Pastor.

Fact is, you clearly think that if the majority is Christian, then only their opinions matter. This speaks volumes about you, Pastor.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:22 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
I've never said that somoene who is not part of my religion is less of a person. Do you realize that?

I actually said that if everyone in a town wants to be satanist, they have that right. Did you see that?

But what about if only 1% do want to be Satanists? As I am not sure what your last sentence actually was supposed to mean.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:30 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
But what about if only 1% do want to be Satanists? As I am not sure what your last sentence actually was supposed to mean.
If the majority of the people want the speaker to be a satanist, they can do that. I've never suggested that others can't practice their religion, but they don't have to let the 1% run things.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Oh yea, I saw where you said that if they were in the minority they don't matter.
Really? Because I never said that. Could you post a link or quote?
Quote:

Everyone else saw it to. Just because you like to play word games and never say what you actually mean, doesn't mean we don't see through that, Pastor.
You mean you like to read into what I say when I call you out on things.
Quote:

Fact is, you clearly think that if the majority is Christian, then only their opinions matter. This speaks volumes about you, Pastor.
No..not really. But if the majority are Christians (or any other religion), then they have the right to have a speaker representing their religion.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:43 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
If the majority of the people want the speaker to be a satanist, they can do that. I've never suggested that others can't practice their religion, but they don't have to let the 1% run things.
It was an invocation. It was not a call for revolution. It was fine. No one was harmed and the public meeting, for the public continued after their kumbaya moment Pledge.

You were not harmed. Nor was anyone else. The one percent in this country have rights too, and this invocation was simply a part of that recognition. The man was not taking over anything. He was singing.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Really? Because I never said that. Could you post a link or quote?

You mean you like to read into what I say when I call you out on things.

We can read between the lines Vizio. No doubt that you are adept and not ever actually saying it, but you certainly imply it. If anyone other than your fundy cronies want to chime in and tell me I am wrong, then by all means, they should do so. You have been called out about this numerous times by numerous people, including other Christians, so maybe you should look in the mirror?

Quote:
No..not really. But if the majority are Christians (or any other religion), then they have the right to have a speaker representing their religion.
So the minority should have no right to have a speaker? Do you now realize how anti American, and frankly, anti Christian that is?

"Hey, sorry guys, you can' t have a speaker today, there just simply aren't enough of you for us to care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

You should really take a look in the mirror, "Pastor", because you are certainly not a "true" Christian.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:52 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Or have their turn? You make partial statements hence the questions as I am not sure where you actually stand. If there is going to be prayers at a town council then the citizens get to vote on who gets to lead a prayer? And if the majority of people in the town that vote only want the one church they belong to lead the prayer all the others would be excluded from ever leading a prayer until another vote overturned the first one?

For example if 51% of the people were Wolves and the other 49% was composed of Deer, moose, rabbits and skunks (using animals instead of religions for example purpose only) and the Wolves did not like the other animals, if they all voted no to the other animals, the 49% would never be able to have a turn leading the prayer. And this is not the town council establishing a religion in only allowing one religion to be heard in prayer at council meetings?

Old 07-20-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Or have their turn? You make partial statements hence the questions as I am not sure where you actually stand. If there is going to be prayers at a town council then the citizens get to vote on who gets to lead a prayer? And if the majority of people in the town that vote only want the one church they belong to lead the prayer all the others would be excluded from ever leading a prayer until another vote overturned the first one?

For example if 51% of the people were Wolves and the other 49% was composed of Deer, moose, rabbits and skunks (using animals instead of religions for example purpose only) and the Wolves did not like the other animals, if they all voted no to the other animals, the 49% would never be able to have a turn leading the prayer. And this is not the town council establishing a religion in only allowing one religion to be heard in prayer at council meetings?
The town can decide how it wants to do it.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:16 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
The town can decide how it wants to do it.
It seems they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality