Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 09:35 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,421,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So too is clinging to what might have been, except clinging is down right dangerous.
Ok? Then i know someone(who is a female friend by the way) that keeps jumping from boyfriend to boyfriend every second and claims "god will find me somebody, ill be patient" really? Instead of admitting that she cant keep a man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 09:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
I did the same with women when I was much younger...

My "love of my life" walked out the door one day and her last words were--I AM PREGNANT....

Old 07-22-2016, 09:44 AM

19,991 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Lets say A lady has a good boyfriend that does not lie and cheat and such and breaks up with him a few times over petty stuff that wasnt the boyfriends fault but hers and says that for her "God Will Find Me Someone Else" , is her saying is valid?
I will just about guarantee that the bolded part is at least partially false. It is the refrain of boyfriends since time immemorial. If the OP really believes what is being implied here -- that women are irrational, feckless beings who end relationships for no reason at all -- then they should remain celibate. Even if it's only true of this one woman, why would you pine after her?

In any case, regardless of that, the saying isn't valid in my view because there are no gods presiding over relationships or anything else. Even among believers, no one is going to guarantee you anything in this regard.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:47 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
Ok? Then i know someone(who is a female friend by the way) that keeps jumping from boyfriend to boyfriend every second and claims "god will find me somebody, ill be patient" really? Instead of admitting that she cant keep a man
She cannot keep a man? Perhaps they are not keepers.

Perhaps your "friend" is able to recognize this, and has the ability to move on from an unsuitable relationship rather than being mired in a relationship that does not make her happy.

Why would she remain with someone she is not happy with?

Brava for your "friend". She is dating.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I will just about guarantee that the bolded part is at least partially false. It is the refrain of boyfriends since time immemorial. If the OP really believes what is being implied here -- that women are irrational, feckless beings who end relationships for no reason at all -- then they should remain celibate. Even if it's only true of this one woman, why would you pine after her?

In any case, regardless of that, the saying isn't valid in my view because there are no gods presiding over relationships or anything else. Even among believers, no one is going to guarantee you anything in this regard.
" that women are irrational"

Its not about women, its about people in general. Plain and simple. What? Are you a woman being offended?

Old 07-22-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
She cannot keep a man? Perhaps they are not keepers.

Perhaps your "friend" is able to recognize this, and has the ability to move on from an unsuitable relationship rather than being mired in a relationship that does not make her happy.

Why would she remain with someone she is not happy with?

Brava for your "friend". She is dating.
And Shes also a christian who goes to church. If she known better she should start appreciating rather than be greedy

Old 07-22-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Um ... this is a normal thing called, colloquially, "playing the field". Every dating relationship is not an epic love story. Some are just having a nice time for one evening. Others are more "serious" but not "that" serious.

One doesn't pair-bond instantly with every person who agrees to go out on a date with you. 100% of all possible candidates do not hold up to close scrutiny.

And it is not 100% the woman's responsibility to "keep" the man. Do you seriously think that every man a woman dates is someone she'd want to spend the rest of her life with? Do you seriously think that a woman should be grateful to have a man -- any man, so long as he doesn't beat her with a cudgel?

If not, then what exactly ARE you saying??

Old 07-22-2016, 09:56 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
This just sounds like sour grapes to me.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
And Shes also a christian who goes to church. If she known better she should start appreciating rather than be greedy
What does this even mean? The number of men is limited so she should just marry the first one that comes along, even if she doesn't like him?

Look, I'm not saying that there aren't women (and men) who are "too picky" in practical terms. But that isn't for you to decide. It sounds to me like you want more women to like you and if you want that then you had better figure out what they REALLY are after and what REALLY appeals to them or not ... rather than complaining that they don't appreciate your awesomeness.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:59 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Yeah, like have a few handmaids or concubines--be like DAVID...
Yes.
She's Christian...and was talking about what "Biblegod" might/would do in that regard. So, he would be right in line going that route.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality