Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2016, 12:39 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Time to clean house. Too much garbage. Welcome to my block list.
In which Bible verse did Jesus say that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 12:51 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
In which Bible verse did Jesus say that?
LOL! If there ever was any Jesus and he came back today, Jeff and a few others so called Christians here would be throwing stones through his windows.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
'Christ' rode on an ass now asses ride on 'Christ'.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:15 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
S/He didn't mock you. Stating that your idea is ridiculous is not mockery. Perhaps this is the root of your persecution complex. You interpret anything other than complete agreement with you as mockery.
No I am definitely mocking him. Unashamedly.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I'm sure he is loosing sleep at night.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:27 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
No I am definitely mocking him. Unashamedly.

It seems not to matter if you mock him or not anything responding to what he actually says is perceived as a personal attack by Jeff. I tried very hard to be non emotional in my response telling him where is was in error in his OP and in evolution and in return I was given a Bible verse telling me I am an adulterous person. Apparently if you quote the Bible you can call anyone anything.

I still cannot figure out why he is upset with science saying that it does nor produce positive results often enough. A new fossil discovery, finding out that orcas in different pods behave differently or what a comet is composed of, how are these findings supposed to be either negative or positive, they are simply discovery. Why are scientific discoveries scary or fearful?

Can anyone tell me what is meant by not enough positive results from science even means in the context that Jeff used?

I am also seeking advise, in the last exchange between Jeff and myself he posted that I was using Step 5 as atheists always, always have to have the last word. Must I follow that rule and respond to his post as otherwise he will have the last word?

Old 07-26-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I'm sure he is loosing sleep at night.
I was about to go to bed but now it will be a waste of time. I'll only lie there worrying and a-fretting all night.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
It seems not to matter if you mock him or not anything responding to what he actually says is perceived as a personal attack by Jeff. I tried very hard to be non emotional in my response telling him where is was in error in his OP and in evolution and in return I was given a Bible verse telling me I am an adulterous person. Apparently if you quote the Bible you can call anyone anything.
Ha I just don't see the point of trying to walk on eggshells around all these stupid ideas. Is he going to change because of anything anyone says? No. So why worry about whether he got his fee-fees hurt or not. If I thought he had the capacity to hold an honest dialogue it would be different.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:35 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
This is the silliest thread title I have seen in awhile.
Yes, and it seemed a silly argument, but it does touch on this "Consciousness proves God" argument. By "Consciousness" this means the mental abilities we have in many ways far and away superior to any other species. True our navigational abilities fall far short of some other species, but none other could have found out so much about our history and the universe. Did God give us all that? If he did, it must have been with the intention of proving that whoever he is...he ain't the one in the Bible.

◄ Matthew 11:25 ►
"At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children."

◄ Luke 10:21 ►
"At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do."

"Q" document saying. New International Version

Old 07-26-2016, 01:47 PM

1,333 posts, read 883,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Yes, and it seemed a silly argument, but it does touch on this "Consciousness proves God" argument. By "Consciousness" this means the mental abilities we have in many ways far and away superior to any other species. True our navigational abilities fall far short of some other species, but none other could have found out so much about our history and the universe. Did God give us all that? If he did, it must have been with the intention of proving that whoever he is...he ain't the one in the Bible.

◄ Matthew 11:25 ►
"At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children."

◄ Luke 10:21 ►
"At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do."

"Q" document saying. New International Version
Indirectly calling Jeff childish I see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality