Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:35 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
I am lieing here. I think I'd sleep best as a Jew.

Sleep lightly.........Just remember when you see them coming over the hilll grab the Torah and run.....

Old 04-14-2010, 08:46 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
The Christian Bible has numerous quotes from Jesus stating that he is "The Son of God and Messiah".

The Quran and Islam says that Jesus was only a Prophet and when asked by Allah directly if he (Jesus) made such claims, Jesus denied it.

And, Judism and the Jews basically say that the Jesus was an imposter and lunatic deserving of death on the cross; And that the true Messiah has not come to Earth to redeem the children of Israel.

Which account do you believe? Is this entire story about Jesus simply a myth or story from the ancient past? If that is true, then Christianity would probably qualify as worlds greatest fabrication.

Agree or Disagree?

The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors

Rival Claims of The Saviors

It is claimed by the disciples of Jesus Christ that he was of supernatural and divine origin; that, although he was woman conceived, he was deity begotten, and molded in human form, but comprehending in essence a full measure of the infinite Godhead, thus making him half human and half divine in his sublunary origin.

It is claimed that he was full and perfect God, and perfect man; and while he was God, he was also the son of God, and as such was sent down by the father to save the fallen and guilty world; and that thus his mission pertained to the whole human race; and his inspired seers are made to declare that ultimately every nation, tongue, kindred, and people under heaven will acknowledge allegiance to his government, and concede his right to reign and rule the world; that "every knee must bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

But we do not find that this prophecy has ever been or is likely to be fulfilled. We do not observe that this claim to the infinite deityship of Jesus Christ has been or is likely to be universally conceded.

On the contrary, it is found that by a portion, and a large portion of the people of even those nations now called Christian, this claim has been steadily and unswervingly controverted, through the whole line of history, stretching through the nearly two thousand years which have elapsed since his advent to earth.

Even some of those who are represented to have been personally acquainted with him - aye! some of his own brethren in the flesh, children in the same household, children of the same mother - had the temerity to question the tenableness of his claim to a divine emanation. And when we extend our researches to other countries, we find his claim, so far from being conceded, is denied and contested by whole nations upon other grounds. It is met and confronted by rival claims.

Last edited by Melvin.George; 04-14-2010 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: editing

Old 04-14-2010, 09:56 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
The Christian Bible has numerous quotes from Jesus stating that he is "The Son of God and Messiah".

The Quran and Islam says that Jesus was only a Prophet and when asked by Allah directly if he (Jesus) made such claims, Jesus denied it.

So what is it Jesus denied?...that Islam and the QURAN says he is only a Prophet?...Did he make such a claim?...His answer is NO!
Jesus is the son of God...and that only came once he fulfilled the word and will of the Father...which he did do!

And, Judism and the Jews basically say that the Jesus was an imposter and lunatic deserving of death on the cross; And that the true Messiah has not come to Earth to redeem the children of Israel.

Jesus Died on the cross to bring this into the proving ground of God...he was Put on a cross to die...because of sin...and being sinless GOD raised him back to life!...which proves he is more than a messiah...but a messiah or teacher he still is......Follow me he said...sell it all, Give it to the poor...THEN FOLLOW ME>

Which account do you believe? Is this entire story about Jesus simply a myth or story from the ancient past? If that is true, then Christianity would probably qualify as worlds greatest fabrication.

Agree or Disagree?
From what I have witnessed in my reality...EVIL seems to exist in it.
And by way of opposite thinking...there has to be a greator Good in the works somewhere!..Jesus is that for me and all who know him...the greatest teacher is still teaching even when he is not here!!!!
By logical thinking, and actions...these forces GOOD AND EVIL...RIGHT AND WRONG...are at play...Good will eventually win..because error only makes life and problems become greator...the longer we error OR sin...the worse it becomes!

So Jesus and God and the saints and prophets are all speaking about it ,to us through this bbile, and even the Quran and other books of enlightenment....positive thought..positive actions...positive progressions..TRUTH ABOVE ALL ELSE // LET YOUR YES MEAN YES AND YOUR NO MEAN NO...LOGICS....make positive things!

God says no Idols of engraven images....and Jesus pointed at the pharisees and says..."You'rE making a den of robbers and theives"...while kicking out the money from his fathers house...AND AGAIN, When shown the coin of Rome...Which he did not look upon...when asked about it....Give it back to Caesar he said...but give onto God what belongs to God...(OBEDIANCE OF THE LAWS) which point out Idols of engraven images which they were breaking...

The message is the same...for now the hole world is in error with it.
and the problems are great because of it.....and they have not enough of it...to solve the problems it creates!
and what they do have...is slowly becoming less, and less!

God said if we follow his will and word...he would make our lands abundantly giving....funny opposites are taking place...because we do not follow in truth.

Last edited by Sir Les; 04-14-2010 at 10:09 AM..

Old 04-14-2010, 10:12 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,266 times
I didn't read through this whole thread but I say let those 3 religions duke it out and the atheists/agnostics will watch from the sidelines eating popcorn

Old 04-14-2010, 10:50 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I didn't read through this whole thread but I say let those 3 religions duke it out and the atheists/agnostics will watch from the sidelines eating popcorn

hmmmm I think its the 2 religions..... Judaism doesn't seek converts. It is Christianity and Islam who think they have the only truths and who actively seek converts.

They are the ones who need to duke it out.

I think as a Jew I'll stay on the sidelines and out of the fray...

Pass the popcorn please....

Old 04-25-2010, 09:19 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
many anti god posts on CDF are actually launched by religious people who are part of the "earth religion" group, also religion but just a different one. they hide behind separation of church and state but actually want to surplant theirs for ours.
People who differ with you are not necessarily 'anti-God', but have different concepts of what that is.

The two religions that have been most intolerant of others are Christianity and Islam. Other than those, I would not be fearful of anyone supplanting your religion with theirs.

Part of the reason for the separation of church and state is that church property does not get taxed. If we keep mixing the two and economic times being what they are . . . I would be careful.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:26 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hali-g View Post
im a muslim but i hadnt really thought about that. so being biased i will say islam is right lol
Of course the muslim belief came long after the Christian faith, and Jesus did fulfill over 300 prophecies found in the Old Testament. So it appears to me the Jewish people deny their own prophecies, the Muslims ignore the prophecies, and Jesus fulfills them. I believe the truth is on the side of Christ, base on what is.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:32 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
That is a Calling. But who cares as they used to say under Reagan. Human Nature and the truth of HUman Nature are distinct between the social gathering and the philosophical and anti-philosophical reviewer of hopefully well-done values.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:06 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Jesus was the only one in history to fulfill the 300 prophecies of the Old Testament. And there wqs only a very narrow window of time that would allow for their fulfillment. He even fulfilled the one that stated His own people would reject Him, and He would be betrayed by a friend. And he would only be worth 30 pieces of silver. And He also fulfilled the prophecy that stated, He would die for the sins of many.
Maybe for you, but since the prophecies were Jewish, I think more people should listen to what they ACTUALLY say.

Jesus DID NOT fulfill our prophecies.

First of all, he must be Jewish - "...you may appoint a king over you, whom the L-rd your G-d shall choose: one from among your brethren shall you set as king over you." (Deuteronomy 17:15)

He must be a member of the tribe of Judah - "The staff shall not depart from Judah, nor the sceptre from between his feet..." (Genesis 49:10)

To be a member of the tribe of Judah, the person must have a biological father who is a member of the tribe of Judah.

He must be a direct male descendant of King David and King Solomon, his son - "And when your days (David) are fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who shall issue from your bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will make firm the throne of his kingdom forever..." (2 Samuel 7:12 - 13)

The genealogy of the New Testament is inconsistent. While it gives two accounts of the genealogy of Joseph, it states clearly that he is not the biological father of Jesus. One of the genealogies is through Nathan and not Solomon altogether!

He must gather the Jewish people from exile and return them to Israel -"And he shall set up a banner for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth." (Isaiah 11:12)

Are all Jews living in Israel? Have all Jews EVER lived in Israel since the time of Jesus?

He must rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem - "...and I will set my sanctuary in their midst forever and my tabernacle shall be with them.." (Ezekiel 37:26 - 27)

At last check, there is NO Temple in Jerusalem. And worse, it was shortly after Jesus died that the Temple was DESTROYED! Just the opposite of this prophecy!

He will rule at a time of world-wide peace - "...they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." (Micah 4:3)

Have you seen a newspaper lately? Are we living in a state of complete world peace? Has there ever been peace since the time of Jesus?

He will rule at a time when the Jewish people will observe G-d's commandments - "My servant David shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall follow My ordinances and be careful to observe My statutes." (Ezekiel 37:24)

The Torah is the Jewish guide to life, and its commandments are the ones referred to here. Do all Jews observe all the commandments? Christianity, in fact, often discourages observance of the commandments in Torah, in complete opposition to this prophecy.

He will rule at a time when all people will come to acknowledge and serve one G-d - "And it shall come to pass that from one new moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, says the L-rd" (Isaiah 66:23)

there are still millions if not billions of people in the world today who adhere to paganistic and polytheistic religions. It is clear that we have not yet seen this period of human history unfold.

All of these criteria are best stated in the book of Ezekiel Chapter 37 verses 24-28:
And David my servant shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. they shall also follow My judgments and observe My statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Yaakov my servant, in which your fathers have dwelt and they shall dwell there, they and their children, and their children's children forever; and my servant David shall be their prince forever. Moreover, I will make a covenant of peace with them, it shall be an everlasting covenant with them, which I will give them; and I will multiply them and I will set my sanctuary in the midst of them forevermore. And my tabernacle shall be with them: and I will be their G-d and they will be my people. Then the nations shall know that I am the L-rd who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary will be in the midst of them forevermore.

If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be "The Messiah."

A careful analysis of these criteria shows us that to date, no one has fulfilled every condition.

The Jewish Concept of Messiah and the Jewish Response to Christian Claims (http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/questions-a-answers-primary-234/68-the-jewish-messiah/167-the-jewish-concept-of-messiah-and-the-jewish-response-to-christian-claims - broken link)

Old 04-26-2010, 12:24 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course the muslim belief came long after the Christian faith, and Jesus did fulfill over 300 prophecies found in the Old Testament. So it appears to me the Jewish people deny their own prophecies, the Muslims ignore the prophecies, and Jesus fulfills them. I believe the truth is on the side of Christ, base on what is.
Further the Jews rejected the word of God as spoken through Moses, for it is written: When thou art come unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, and shalt possess it, and shalt dwell therein, and shalt say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that are about me; Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the LORD thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother.”(Deut. 17:14-15)

But the high priest when rejecting Jesus as messiah and king said: “We have no king but Caesar” (John 19:15) So, the Jews at the time of Jesus chose to reject the word of God that came through Moses by making Caesar as king over them, who was not one of their brothers and not chosen by God. Since Caesar required to be worshipped as a God, they also disobeyed the commandment “Thou shalt have no other God’s before me”. They accepted Ceasar a man a god over them. This is the same problem they had with Jesus, because he was a man who claimed to be God. But can God come in human form? The Torah says yes, for who was it that came to Abraham, that Abraham called Lord before the destruction of Sodem and Gomorrah? Futher Isaiah says:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6) So a child from God will be called the mighty God. David also says: “Kiss the Son, lest he be angry” (Psalms 2:12a) And also: “The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool” (Psalms 110:1) Who is the Lord of David the King who will sit at the right hand of the Lord? How can their be two Lords in heaven for the Jew? Because they have rejected the word of God. They remain blinded to the truth in their own scriptures.

So, to the Gentile has the mysteries of God been reveal through their faith and hidden from the Jew through their unbelief in the Messiah of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality