Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 10:13 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And the same article has to admit that the large Christian denominations remain firmly against same sex marriage. So no, YOU are wrong and I am right as usual.

Where Christian churches, other religions stand on gay marriage | Pew Research Center
You are still wrong...The churches may still hold bigoted views but many of the members do not....For instance most of my family are Catholics who accept homosexuals as equals....The churches views are not always followed or agreed on by the members...This goes for all denominations, except perhaps your church.

In the US 60% believe that homosexuality should be accepted by society, and 33% think that it should not, and in Canada 80% accepted and 14% not accepted....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 10:14 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
No you are asking us to be perfectly fine with having homosexuality thrust in our faces through ads, tv shows, news etc...
Be however you want, but it would be nice if for once the bigots would stop whining about it, then whining more when they get called out for being the whiny bigots they are acting like.

I mean, some people are homosexual. Big deal. Always been that way.

Some rabbits are albinos. Might as well get offended about having images of albino rabbits thrust in your face.

All this "Waaahhh--the bad people are trying to convince us being gay isn't a filthy sin, then I have to see pictures of two men together! It's the end times!"

It's just...weird. What a bunch of whiny bigot wussies.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:45 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
No you are asking us to be perfectly fine with having homosexuality thrust in our faces through ads, tv shows, news etc... If I was to believe the lying media, I would get the impression that homosexuals are the most wonderful important demographic in the entire universe and ONLY their problems and rights matter.
Jeff, what percentage of ads feature gays or lesbians? What percentage features heterosexual peopke? Does the number of gays exceed 50%, 35% or even 20%?

Have you not seen the news about blacks being shot by cops or by other blacks, police being murdered, floods and wildfires, a major political campaign, terrorists attacks in Iraq and France, a record setting day in the Middle East, Iraq taling back a major city from ISIS, a brigade of Muslim women fighting against ISIS, the Baseball All Star game, an attempted coup in Turkey and a sinking ship off the coast of Alaska?

I would not doubt that you would thing one story or one ad or one character on TV being about gays is way to much.

The lying media? I guess they join the atheists, the liberal Christians, the scientists, and Muslims on your list of liars. It is now to late to force a segment of the population to hide from site and not be represented in the media. Was it not the same when blacks started appearing on TV , the movies or in Sports or when women in positions of power or authority did as well?

I see little of homosexuality in the media, perhaps more than the anti gay people in the media but not by much. Characters in movies and TV are still predominately white and straight. I for one do not want to go back to the world where homosexuality was hidden from us and the media pretended it did not exist other than to out, imprison and destroy the lives of those whose only crime was to be attracted to another consenting adult but of the same gender.

Your calling the media liars does not make them so any more than you calling scientists liars. The definition of a liar is not someone who Jeff dies not agree with.

I checked two news websites this evening and neither had a story about gays in their leading stories. One is too many was the North American attitude towards Jews fleeing Germany looking for refuge here. It should not also be the motto about news or ads with homosexuals in it. Even living in a pretty secular country I see lots more signs of Christians and Christianity each day than I see of gays.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:09 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
The people upset about this might as well sequester themseves in a bunker cause it aint gonna change and we aint going back to the "good old days" regardless of how much impotent outrage they can muster. More proof that prayer doenst work.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:10 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Why does someone who claims to not believe in a deity spend SO much time in a Religion forum? It's hilarious.
Same reason that people who don't have cancer spend so much time trying to find a cure for it.
Why do people who claim not to be homosexuals spend SO much time concerning themselves with homosexuality? It's hilarious.

Quote:
According to them, I am the ONLY one they give personal attacks to because I deserve it.
Another chance for a boohoo poor me.

Quote:
If I stopped posting here, I would be completely forgotten within a month ....
A month!!! Aaaaahahahaha! You flatter yourself! I would imagine that most people would have forgotten you within 24hrs.

Quote:
And the same article has to admit that the large Christian denominations remain firmly against same sex marriage.
In the USA perhaps. Fortunately they are only a small stain on the face of the Earth. The more enlightened parts of the world have moved on.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:27 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
No you are asking us to be perfectly fine with having homosexuality thrust in our faces through ads, tv shows, news etc... If I was to believe the lying media, I would get the impression that homosexuals are the most wonderful important demographic in the entire universe and ONLY their problems and rights matter.
Nobody wants you to be perfectly fine with anything. In fact, nobody gives a rat's whether or not you are fine with anything. They simply want you to mind your own business, period! It is quite obvious you have more than enough to deal with your own sins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Be however you want, but it would be nice if for once the bigots would stop whining about it, then whining more when they get called out for being the whiny bigots they are acting like.
I mean, some people are homosexual. Big deal. Always been that way.
Some rabbits are albinos. Might as well get offended about having images of albino rabbits thrust in your face.
All this "Waaahhh--the bad people are trying to convince us being gay isn't a filthy sin, then I have to see pictures of two men together! It's the end times!"
It's just...weird. What a bunch of whiny bigot wussies.
Well, that is rather strongly worded but accurate enough!

Old 07-27-2016, 11:29 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
No you are asking us to be perfectly fine with having homosexuality thrust in our faces through ads, tv shows, news etc...
How is that different from a heterosexual couples being "thrust in your face", or a black couple "thrust in your face", or a Mexican couple "thrust in your face"? I don't get it. Unless you are prejudicial or bigoted, what does it matter who is being portrayed?
Quote:
If I was to believe the lying media, I would get the impression that homosexuals are the most wonderful important demographic in the entire universe and ONLY their problems and rights matter.
Not sure how they are any different from anyone else. BTW, what about that cute lesbian couple in that oilsands ad? You keep railing about male homosexuals, and never rail against lesbians. Does that mean your OK with them?

Old 07-27-2016, 11:31 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Hilton can do what they want.

Frankly, the image is disgusting and I find their ad to be patronizing. If gay people want to be used like that, so be it.
Disgusting? So two smiling men, both with their shirts on, who appear to be listening to music and sharing earbuds is disgusting?

Tell me, would the ad still be disgusting if it featured a man and woman in the exact some setup but with no obvious wedding rings? Would it be patronizing? Or would you not even notice it?

Old 07-27-2016, 11:50 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is a small minority group. This is nothing more than blatant forcing the homosexual agenda on the public. Disgusting.
Hilton is primarily interested in running profitable hotels. This ad is obviously about communicating to LGBT people that they and their money are welcome at Hilton.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:54 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Why do you care what other people choose?
Not addressed to me, but when one religious group begins to actively attempt to legislate their religious beliefs and force them on me, I start to care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality