Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 12:00 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushymama View Post
No, I have never read that before. Wow. Very disturbing. Not that I really understand what a Jesuit is....
The Jesuit Extreme Qath of induction goes beyond mere words. The oath was put into practice.

The Jesuits were founded by Ignatius of Loyola who was a nobleman and a soldier. The formation of the Jesuit Order was approved by Pope Paul III in 1540 by a bull containing the "Formula of the Institute".

A group that formed in the 12th century which took vows of extreme poverty, known as the Waldensians, were banned as heretical for their criticism of the Papacy's vast wealth. After years of persecution by the RCC, the Waldensians had not only joined the Protestant reformation, but were among the leaders of the Protestant reformation. In April 1655 Catholic leaders, led by the duke of Savoy, made an effort to eradicate the Waldensians once and for all.

"Little children were torn from the arms of their mothers, clasped by their tiny feet, and their heads dashed against the rocks; or were held between two soldiers and their quivering limbs torn up by main force. Their mangled bodies were then thrown on the highways or fields, to be devoured by beasts. The sick and the aged were burned alive in their dwellings. Some had their hands and arms and legs lopped off, and fire applied to the severed parts to staunch the bleeding and prolong their suffering. Some were flayed alive, some were roasted alive, some disemboweled; or tied to trees in their own orchards, and their hearts cut out. Some were horribly mutilated, and of others the brains were boiled and eaten by these cannibals. Some were fastened down into the furrows of their own fields, and ploughed into the soil as men plough manure into it. Others were buried alive. Fathers were marched to death with the heads of their sons suspended round their necks. Parents were compelled to look on while their children were first outraged [raped], then massacred, before being themselves permitted to die."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldensians

Notice how closely their actions mirrored the Jesuit Extreme Oath.

"I do further promise and declare that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly and openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Masons, as I am directed to do, to extirpate them from the face of the whole earth; and that I will spare neither age, sex or condition, and that will hang, burn, waste, boil, flay, strangle, and bury alive these infamous heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women, and crush their infant's heads against the walls in order to annihilate their execrable race. That when the same cannot be done openly I will secretly use the poisonous cup, the strangulation cord, the steel of the poniard, or the leaden bullet, regardless of the honor, rank, dignity or authority of the persons, whatever may be their condition in life, either public or private, as I at any time may be directed so to do by any agents of the Pope or Superior of the Brotherhood of the Holy Father of the Society of Jesus."

JESUIT Extreme Oath of Induction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 12:45 PM

55 posts, read 46,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The Jesuit Extreme Qath of induction goes beyond mere words. The oath was put into practice.

The Jesuits were founded by Ignatius of Loyola who was a nobleman and a soldier. The formation of the Jesuit Order was approved by Pope Paul III in 1540 by a bull containing the "Formula of the Institute".

A group that formed in the 12th century which took vows of extreme poverty, known as the Waldensians, were banned as heretical for their criticism of the Papacy's vast wealth. After years of persecution by the RCC, the Waldensians had not only joined the Protestant reformation, but were among the leaders of the Protestant reformation. In April 1655 Catholic leaders, led by the duke of Savoy, made an effort to eradicate the Waldensians once and for all.

"Little children were torn from the arms of their mothers, clasped by their tiny feet, and their heads dashed against the rocks; or were held between two soldiers and their quivering limbs torn up by main force. Their mangled bodies were then thrown on the highways or fields, to be devoured by beasts. The sick and the aged were burned alive in their dwellings. Some had their hands and arms and legs lopped off, and fire applied to the severed parts to staunch the bleeding and prolong their suffering. Some were flayed alive, some were roasted alive, some disemboweled; or tied to trees in their own orchards, and their hearts cut out. Some were horribly mutilated, and of others the brains were boiled and eaten by these cannibals. Some were fastened down into the furrows of their own fields, and ploughed into the soil as men plough manure into it. Others were buried alive. Fathers were marched to death with the heads of their sons suspended round their necks. Parents were compelled to look on while their children were first outraged [raped], then massacred, before being themselves permitted to die."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldensians

Notice how closely their actions mirrored the Jesuit Extreme Oath.

"I do further promise and declare that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly and openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Masons, as I am directed to do, to extirpate them from the face of the whole earth; and that I will spare neither age, sex or condition, and that will hang, burn, waste, boil, flay, strangle, and bury alive these infamous heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women, and crush their infant's heads against the walls in order to annihilate their execrable race. That when the same cannot be done openly I will secretly use the poisonous cup, the strangulation cord, the steel of the poniard, or the leaden bullet, regardless of the honor, rank, dignity or authority of the persons, whatever may be their condition in life, either public or private, as I at any time may be directed so to do by any agents of the Pope or Superior of the Brotherhood of the Holy Father of the Society of Jesus."

JESUIT Extreme Oath of Induction
May I ask what your religion is? (no sarcasm in my question.... Furthermore, I respectfully recognize that you may not believe in a religion.)

Old 08-02-2016, 01:32 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
I don't understand why more people aren't outraged over what happened. I'm not just pinning this on the Catholics but any religion that has a God that allows the sexual assault of a child and then the cover up. What exactly would a person have to see before they say to themselves; "OK that's not Godly." If God were sending you a sign to "get out of her" what would be repugnant to you more so than child rape?

I also don't get this when people say "well, teachers get away with raping children so should a man of God" How about we don't make excuses. The superintendent of a school may or may have not known what was going on. Did your God know and did nothing to stop it in his own house?

Old 08-02-2016, 02:00 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I don't understand why more people aren't outraged over what happened. I'm not just pinning this on the Catholics but any religion that has a God that allows the sexual assault of a child and then the cover up. What exactly would a person have to see before they say to themselves; "OK that's not Godly." If God were sending you a sign to "get out of her" what would be repugnant to you more so than child rape?

I also don't get this when people say "well, teachers get away with raping children so should a man of God" How about we don't make excuses. The superintendent of a school may or may have not known what was going on. Did your God know and did nothing to stop it in his own house?
First of all, assigning human "shoulds" to God doesn't make any more sense than when people assign human characteristics to their pets. Churches and what goes on in them are all human activities. It would be nice if there was instant divine retribution for abuse, but it doesn't work that way, and that's still just human thinking. The PEOPLE who were supposed to stop it failed.

Secondly, I am curious about what you said people say in your second paragraph. Has anyone ever actually said such a thing? I would tend to want to whack someone upside the head if I heard him or her say that.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:04 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,905,385 times
I left my daughter at catechism classes with a female teacher, female volunteer and over 20 other kids. I didn't worry any more at church than in any classroom environment. Infant leave my kids with adults other than my immediate family.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:06 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
First of all, assigning human "shoulds" to God doesn't make any more sense than when people assign human characteristics to their pets. Churches and what goes on in them are all human activities. It would be nice if there was instant divine retribution for abuse, but it doesn't work that way, and that's still just human thinking. The PEOPLE who were supposed to stop it failed.

Secondly, I am curious about what you said people say in your second paragraph. Has anyone ever actually said such a thing? I would tend to want to whack someone upside the head if I heard him or her say that.
As far as the second paragraph that is how it looks to me when people bring up the other rape cover ups. I think God should be held to a higher standard which comes into the first paragraph. I have no problem calling BS on a religion based on what it's leaders do. My background is cult so that is how I was trained to view religion. Only I grew up and turned that back on the Jehovah's Witnesses who have the same problem coming up as the Catholic church right now.

If someone says to me the represent God my reaction is "prove it". Raping child is proof to me that God isn't there. If we can't assign human shoulds to these men how do we know they are not just scamming us?

Old 08-02-2016, 04:26 PM

55 posts, read 46,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
I left my daughter at catechism classes with a female teacher, female volunteer and over 20 other kids. I didn't worry any more at church than in any classroom environment. Infant leave my kids with adults other than my immediate family.
I get that. I attended CCD all through my childhood and suffered no abuse. As a parent, I am choosing not to put my child in a Roman Catholic religious ed program because (to put it simply): 1) I now see it as somewhat of a risk, not the classes so much but perhaps the mandatory overnight retreats; and 2) I have a major problem writing checks to an institution that uses money to pay lawyers who negotiate hush money deals related to child sexual abuse and uses money to build palatial homes for bishops, cardinals, etc. when their own schools are closing due to alleged lack of funds.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:17 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
As far as the second paragraph that is how it looks to me when people bring up the other rape cover ups. I think God should be held to a higher standard which comes into the first paragraph. I have no problem calling BS on a religion based on what it's leaders do. My background is cult so that is how I was trained to view religion. Only I grew up and turned that back on the Jehovah's Witnesses who have the same problem coming up as the Catholic church right now.

If someone says to me the represent God my reaction is "prove it". Raping child is proof to me that God isn't there. If we can't assign human shoulds to these men how do we know they are not just scamming us?
We CAN assign human shoulds to men. And they ARE scamming us. Or some are, obviously.

All rape coverups are wrong, whether they hide in religion or the secular world.

Didn't hear anything about the JW's in that regard.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:30 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
are you not catholic and your spouse is? sounds like you are trying to think of a reason to oppose the catholic education and donating. my wife is catholic and i am not and it drives me nuts when she donates money to them (not for the issue that you mentioned).
Didn't you read her post?...She said she was raised Catholic....

Old 08-03-2016, 10:03 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
I don't understand why more people aren't outraged over what happened. I'm not just pinning this on the Catholics but any religion that has a God that allows the sexual assault of a child and then the cover up.
It is appalling how long the abuse can go on. And I am not just talking about the catholic world. Most offenders are heterosexual married men, and most of the victims are molested by family members or by someone known to the family. Look at that football coach from Penn State. You would think his wife would have caught on. I have seen cases where the wife would move the victim out of state to keep her husband out of trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
We CAN assign human shoulds to men. And they ARE scamming us. Or some are, obviously.

All rape coverups are wrong, whether they hide in religion or the secular world.

Didn't hear anything about the JW's in that regard.
Exactly. Of course this topic has been discussed at length here on CD and elsewhere. I honestly don't understand why the OP needs validation from a bunch of strangers on an internet forum. It's your child, follow your heart!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality