Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 04:52 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,645,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Still silly.

Your turn.
I love you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyl3r View Post
So this isn't a God in any traditional sense? In fact it's not even a God worth acknowledging? It does nothing, answers no prayers and makes no difference in anyone's life?
Does nothing? Wrong!
It does EVERYTHING....and is EVERYTHING.
You are obviously bogged down in the mire of Religious Deities...and cannot (or will not) consider any other perception of GOD.
Pantheism (the reverence of ALL as GOD relative to just us) has probably been around longer than any Organized Religion. It is as "traditional" as it gets.
If any concept or perception of GOD is "worth acknowledging"...it would be "ALL THE ENERGY/MATTER THAT EXISTS AND HAS EXISTED".

Old 08-02-2016, 05:07 PM

16,660 posts, read 15,651,806 times
The topic of this thread is: "There Is No Scientific Evidence To Support..."

Please make you posts at least come close to the topic.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:44 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,306,545 times

Old 08-02-2016, 05:53 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,253,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
And in some cases, this isn't even true. I am currently reading a book named The Force is With Us: The Higher Consciousness that Science Refuses to Accept. Science doesn't believe in PK.
Interesting that you failed to read the books Amazon summary.

Quote:
Inspired by encounters with his son from beyond the grave, Tom Walker went searching for answers.

He discovered that paranormal phenomena have not only been exhaustively studied, but that scientific evidence exists to support it.

He uncovered numerous scientific studies involving telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition, and psychokinesis, as well as government-funded scientists who proved their validity.

Through his research, Walker eventually came to the belief that there is a force in the world that makes things happen. The force, an energy field that permeates the universe, forms and sustains all things, and is the basis behind paranormal phenomena and alternative forms of healing. He describes his provocative conclusions in this book. Making compelling connections between ideas like the Great Void and "dark matter," between Ch'i and quantum fields, Walker argues that it is our connection with the higher planes of consciousness -- the fundamental quantum reality-- that truly makes up the world
Your science bashing is not going to work here.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Whatever it is that science doesn't want to support anyway.

But why not? Surely you could set a control group of people with zero interest in religion, and people actively searching for God, and test the odds of finding God. Or set a control group, and people praying to test the power of prayer.

And in some cases, this isn't even true. I am currently reading a book named The Force is With Us: The Higher Consciousness that Science Refuses to Accept. Science doesn't believe in PK. However, there have been numerous tests with influencing dice. As in, literally thousands of hours of what should be chance being massively deviated from, using numerous test cases. Large scale experiments involving magnetized water (don't ask) influencing the growth of plants (really, don't ask! It's a weird experiment).

But no. There is "no" scientific proof for God.

Why Science Does Not Disprove God | TIME
Does God Exist - Six Reasons to Believe that God is Really There - Is There a God
God Is Real: MIT Scientist Touts Conclusive Scientific Evidence Of The Discovery Of God [Video]
Scientific PROOF that God Exists! | News24
World renown scientist says he has found proof of God! We may be living the the 'Matrix' - Technology - News - Catholic Online
Stephen Hawking Says There's No God But Here's Why He's Wrong

(Or just this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjGPHF5A6Po

Or "no" scientific proof of miracles.

Scientific Evidence for Miracles page 1: examination of the Lourdes rules for miracel acceptence.
The Top 5 Medical Miracles That Science Can’t Explain – Or Can It? – Collective Evolution
Brain Cells Observed In Lab While Thoughts and Feelings Directed At Them – Collective Evolution
Miracles and science - creation.com
The Science of Miracles: How the Vatican Decides

(It's actually easier to find evidence for God than miracles, because as Quora puts it, a miracle is by definition a non-repeatable event. Which, btw, the Big Bang and several scientific events fall under this category because they defy the normal framework)

Dude, quit saying that.

Do you believe in your heart of hearts in God? Maybe not. And it's honestly okay.
There is a perfectly valid reason for disbelief.
I don't believe in mandatory conversion. But for the love of... whatever, maybe stop using patently false statements. You have the evidence around. What you want to do with it, is entirely up to you. You can argue these proofs suck. And maybe they do. But this is not the same as "no proof" at all.

Are these proofs sufficient? Do they qualify as "verifiable" or "scientific" proofs? Debate!

Also, what to you, would be acceptable evidence?
I submit: What the Pantheist concept/perception considers "GOD" (ALL/EVERYTHING)....has full scientific evidence in support of its existence.
My offering to this thread fully addresses the topic by noting that there are concepts/perceptions of GOD that are already irrefutably and unequivocally supported by scientific evidence to be known to exist.
My Pantheist perception of GOD (ALL/EVERYTHING) being one of them.
So...again, in the full context of the thread topic...any claim that "There is No Scientific Evidence to Support the Existence of God" is NOT a valid claim.
Those with a bias and prejudice against the Pantheist Concept of God (because it objectively exists) and would prefer not to see it represented on this board, notwithstanding.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:13 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I submit: What the Pantheist concept/perception considers "GOD" (ALL/EVERYTHING)....has full scientific evidence in support of its existence.
My offering to this thread fully addresses the topic by noting that there are concepts/perceptions of GOD that are already irrefutably and unequivocally supported by scientific evidence to be known to exist.
My Pantheist perception of GOD (ALL/EVERYTHING) being one of them.
So...again, in the full context of the thread topic...any claim that "There is No Scientific Evidence to Support the Existence of God" is NOT a valid claim.
Those with a bias and prejudice against the Pantheist Concept of God (because it objectively exists) and would prefer not to see it represented on this board, notwithstanding.
Pretending to not understand the topic of discussion gets old. Yes reality exists. Can we move on now?

Old 08-02-2016, 06:17 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,306,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Pretending to not understand the topic of discussion gets old. Yes reality exists. Can we move on now?
He is not pretending.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:18 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
He is not pretending.
I am pretty sure he understands that that is not the kind of god we are talking about.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I am pretty sure he understands that that is not the kind of god we are talking about.
This board is not limited to any specific God, Deity, theology, belief, or nonbelief. At least it is not purported to be or not supposed to be.
I put forth my perception of God...the Pantheist Perception that GOD=ALL. It is the perception of God that I am talking about and entering into the debate.
And it certainly fits in this thread...as it can be fully supported by scientific evidence to objectively exist.
As I said in the last sentence of my last post: "Those with a bias and prejudice against the Pantheist Concept of God (because it objectively exists) and would prefer not to see it represented on this board, notwithstanding.".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality