Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 09:12 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Texngirl was I think talking about the Other video - Purim. I had to stop and think for a moment, myself. No way she could think those LaDS were Professional and talented. Then I realized.
Just as barfable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 10:57 AM

1,226 posts, read 633,079 times
Young men telling "girls" how to dress and act.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:22 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
OK, it is sort of original (wonder if they paid royalties for the music part?). It has some production values. It's message is clear.

But man, oh man! Is it ever hokey! I can't imagine a person, even if of Mormon faith, watching this and not thinking, "Really? You guys actually put this together. Really?"

But on the other hand, the praise music bands are not any better. It's all an attempt by churches to appear "hip" and relevant. I'm not sure it's working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oart...ature=youtu.be
I like it!

Consider the alternative.
Dressing like a **** will attract jerks who just want to get a girl laid, then leave her.
Then, unfortunately, children (developing human beings) are being killed because nobody wants to responsibly deal with the consequences of unprotected sex.

About 1 in 5 pregnancies end in abortion, world-wide!!
http://www.abort73.com/abortion_fact...on_statistics/
93% of abortions are given the cruelly horrible excuse that the pregnancy is "inconvenient" so they'd rather kill their own child than take responsibility for the life THEY CHOSE to create.
And did you ever consider HOW a child is killed? Usually, it is after 8 weeks gestation, after all body systems are intact, when the child can FEEL his or her body being ripped apart, limb by limb, leaving a decapitated head.

It doesn't matter if a religious or anti-religious group brings up something good, if it's good and helpful for society, then it is.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:17 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Way to go

(1) you like that crummy video

(2) you are advocating the never had a hope 'chastity' cure for pregnancies.

(3) you are playing the anti abortion hand for all your worth on the grounds that the girls are immoral and so have forfeited all their rights.

I'm no mathematician, but I make that Three strikes.

Old 08-03-2016, 03:25 PM

595 posts, read 331,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Did anyone else catch the 'girls with integrity are hard to find' bit? I don't know, but I don't think that's true at all. If you can't find a girl with integrity, you're looking in the wrong place and that's on you.
Mmmmm...

Quite the opposite indeed. But then there seems to be a tradition in some cultures to put more of the burden for "integrity" on the girls and women rather than on the men. Some might argue that is just being practical but even if their are right the smell of hypocrisy remains.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:25 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
OK, it is sort of original (wonder if they paid royalties for the music part?). It has some production values. It's message is clear.

But man, oh man! Is it ever hokey! I can't imagine a person, even if of Mormon faith, watching this and not thinking, "Really? You guys actually put this together. Really?"

But on the other hand, the praise music bands are not any better. It's all an attempt by churches to appear "hip" and relevant. I'm not sure it's working.
You really need a hobby.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:48 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You really need a hobby.
Oh man, to think I could have save all that psychoanalyst $$$, and just listened to my man Vizio. Who wooda thunk!

Old 08-04-2016, 03:09 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Oh man, to think I could have save all that psychoanalyst $$$, and just listened to my man Vizio. Who wooda thunk!
Vizza's message is Crystal clear ...Atheists, please go away and stop showing the asininity of Christianity up.

He can save himself posting effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
Mmmmm...

Quite the opposite indeed. But then there seems to be a tradition in some cultures to put more of the burden for "integrity" on the girls and women rather than on the men. Some might argue that is just being practical but even if their are right the smell of hypocrisy remains.
Agreed. It is one of Our major beefs when the women are blamed for what the men get up to. If they can't keep their pant buttonned it it is because of those Jezebels...tempting him...stone them...then find another one.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:13 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Texngirl was I think talking about the Other video - Purim. I had to stop and think for a moment, myself. No way she could think those LaDS were Professional and talented. Then I realized.
Yes. I was talking about the Maccabeats. I find them entertaining and talented. The LDS guys, not so much.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:24 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Vizza's message is Crystal clear ...Atheists, please go away and stop showing the asininity of Christianity up.

He can save himself posting effort.

Agreed. It is one of Our major beefs when the women are blamed for what the men get up to. If they can't keep their pant buttonned it it is because of those Jezebels...tempting him...stone them...then find another one.
What I don't understand about the LDS video...they are having trouble finding "modest" women? So much trouble? Have they tried looking in their own denomination? Or are they speaking of women who are not LDS? In which case it's really none of their concern anyhow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality