Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 12:28 AM

15,861 posts, read 6,325,302 times

Advertisements

This guy is a real piece of work. He is the Messiah in a doomsday cult (this was taped in 2007). If you are interested in this kind of thing it's a good video. I started the video at the part where they are interviewing teens that were born in. The one girl with the dark hair was underage when she lay naked with the Messiah. All the young girls have been healed by laying naked with this 66 year old man. They explain how it was 100% their idea to do it and they approached the old man because they wanted to be with him. The underage girl with the dark hair threatened suicide if she was not allowed to have sex with this old guy. The last 3 minutes of the video is pretty good too. The Messiah's son (who has never had sex with his wife because God told his father to consummate the marriage instead of the son) talks about nothing being left on this earth for him. He's just going to wait it out even though the end time date failed because he's burned too many bridges to go back to "the world".

https://youtu.be/M0xf2Hdxo6o?t=37m8s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 03:42 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Jesus say ``there will be new Christ and new Messiahs come after me , don`t go there these are not of me ``..................See there can come people who have miracles that are not of the living God through Jesus Christ , as this video does not show that Jesus is the deliverer even once which proves it is not of the one truth living God , but of fallen angels ..............See without Jesus there will be no eternal life

Old 08-14-2016, 04:48 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This guy is a real piece of work. He is the Messiah in a doomsday cult (this was taped in 2007). If you are interested in this kind of thing it's a good video. I started the video at the part where they are interviewing teens that were born in. The one girl with the dark hair was underage when she lay naked with the Messiah. All the young girls have been healed by laying naked with this 66 year old man. They explain how it was 100% their idea to do it and they approached the old man because they wanted to be with him. The underage girl with the dark hair threatened suicide if she was not allowed to have sex with this old guy. The last 3 minutes of the video is pretty good too. The Messiah's son (who has never had sex with his wife because God told his father to consummate the marriage instead of the son) talks about nothing being left on this earth for him. He's just going to wait it out even though the end time date failed because he's burned too many bridges to go back to "the world".

https://youtu.be/M0xf2Hdxo6o?t=37m8s
There have been so many religious leaders on a small and personal scale who have exercised this control (very often sexual) that this should be no surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus say ``there will be new Christ and new Messiahs come after me , don`t go there these are not of me ``..................See there can come people who have miracles that are not of the living God through Jesus Christ , as this video does not show that Jesus is the deliverer even once which proves it is not of the one truth living God , but of fallen angels ..............See without Jesus there will be no eternal life
This response is no surprise, either.

Old 08-15-2016, 01:02 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
A "real piece of work"....that's putting it mildly.
He's sickening...feel sorry for his son, and the misguided,immature and ignorant young people he preys on...real sorry.

Old 08-15-2016, 01:29 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
The world is full of predators and that all powerful, all knowing, all loving "god" just sits back and does nothing as it watches as the world turn round and round.

Old 08-16-2016, 06:59 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
The world is full of predators and that all powerful, all knowing, all loving "god" just sits back and does nothing as it watches as the world turn round and round.
Assuming that there is a God it would be unwise of such a being to interfere with human life. If God intervened in certain cases then He would have to intervene in every case. No one would ever stub a toe against a rock. A non-interfering God makes sense. We all live our lives with our share of tragedies, triumphs, happy times, sad times even though some appear to have been dealt a better/worse hand than have others. I'm sure that, ultimately, this is the way that it's meant to be. I used to question these things. These days I accept them.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:59 AM

20,001 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Assuming that there is a God it would be unwise of such a being to interfere with human life. If God intervened in certain cases then He would have to intervene in every case. No one would ever stub a toe against a rock. A non-interfering God makes sense. We all live our lives with our share of tragedies, triumphs, happy times, sad times even though some appear to have been dealt a better/worse hand than have others. I'm sure that, ultimately, this is the way that it's meant to be. I used to question these things. These days I accept them.
Unless you are throwing the attribute of omnipotence under the bus, it is not the slightest problem for God to "intervene in every case". Regardless I doubt people would need him to prevent toe-stubbings. They don't regard those as significant enough to beg him for. They just don't want to be bereaved, unprotected, and subject to natural disasters -- that sort of thing. I can list a half dozen times in my life when god's intervention would have been particularly needed and appreciated. That's scarcely "every case". You are exaggerating what people need and want from god.

It is not a question of interference vs non-interference; that is a false choice. It is a question of god fulfilling his own pronouncements -- that, for example, the righteous shall prosper and the wicked be confounded. Such as that you have but to call out in your "hour of need" and he will answer. That he is a father-figure, an elder brother (only closer!) and all that sort of thing. That he cares. That he protects. That he comforts -- for some useful value of "comfort". Implicit in all those promises is not that god will pwevent the stubbing of evewy widdle toe. Just that he will protect you and yours against things that are not your fault and not within your capacity to protect yourself.

You should pick one of god's attributes to throw under the bus to sustain your theodicy, rather than throwing victims under the bus.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:35 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Assuming that there is a God it would be unwise of such a being to interfere with human life. If God intervened in certain cases then He would have to intervene in every case. No one would ever stub a toe against a rock. A non-interfering God makes sense.
So, are you saying that prayers are not answered? Ever? For anyone?

Old 08-16-2016, 11:13 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,868 times
Quote:
Which, of course, brings us back to the wisdom of Carl Sagan who opined that there's essentially no difference between a non-existent God and a non-interfering God.

How true.

A God that does nothing is useless, like it or not. In addition, if one believes the Bible, God used to do quite a lot and wasn't at all bashful about interfering in the lives of mortals.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:07 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
A non-interfering God makes sense.
Actually it makes zero sense which is why it astounds me that some people cling to this imaginary fictitious character that does not exist in the first place.

If you believe in the bible, the "god" described in it is one very crazy, jealous, angry, genocidal, homophobic, murderous sociopath that did a lot of interfering in peoples lives.

Since of course that book is purely fiction...we know that this fictitious "god" did none of those things...just as today's "god" does nothing.

Last edited by Matadora; 08-16-2016 at 02:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality