U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 09:04 AM

14,723 posts, read 10,049,228 times

Advertisements

Exactly old fruit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 01:55 PM

48 posts, read 976 times
yes i believe , jesus christ was god's son & god himself ( i can only marvel at the mystery of the holy trinity ) . god is one god in three co-eternal consubstantial persons , GOD , SON( jesus christ ) & HOLY SPIRIT

Old 03-27-2019, 04:51 PM

37,256 posts, read 10,043,922 times
There's absolutely nothing that can profitably addressed to a mind welded shut with the supaglu of Faith.

Old 03-27-2019, 05:13 PM

12,213 posts, read 4,638,423 times
there is no real need to question if a guy names Jesus lived. It was pointed out that it was a common name.

but died and rose?

why in no god name would a person care if a guy named jesus lived or not when we are fighting that died and rose?

Old Yesterday, 12:36 AM

14,723 posts, read 10,049,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jr View Post
yes i believe , jesus christ was god's son & god himself ( i can only marvel at the mystery of the holy trinity ) . god is one god in three co-eternal consubstantial persons , GOD , SON( jesus christ ) & HOLY SPIRIT
Well at least you said that you 'believe' rather than you 'know'.

Old Yesterday, 12:44 AM

38,807 posts, read 26,090,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
There's absolutely nothing that can profitably addressed to a mind welded shut with the supaglu of Faith.
There's absolutely nothing that can be profitably addressed to a mind welded shut with the superglue of disbelief.

Old Yesterday, 05:46 AM

3,904 posts, read 713,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I finally got you all figured out Raf. When you cannot deal with the evidence in question you attack the one who provides the evidence to take the focus off the evidence. Your use of ad hominin attacksthroughout this thread should show everyone you've got nothing and can present no evidence to support that which you believe.

Old Yesterday, 06:06 AM

4,987 posts, read 2,429,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jr View Post
I find in Scripture that per-human Jesus was the beginning of the creation by God as per Revelation 3:14; 1:5.
I also find that God had No beginning according to Psalm 90:2, so only God was before the beginning.
Thus, pre-human Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning.
Even the resurrected to heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him according to Revelation 3:12

Plus, God's spirit is found in Job's nose ( Job 27:3 ) so how could a person be in Job's nostrils_______
At Numbers 11:17,25 God's spirit is a neuter 'it', so God's spirit is Not a person.
Just as we might call a car or a ship as a ' she ' it still remains a neuter ' it '.
Modern KJV changed the word ' it ' at Romans 8:16,26 to the word himself in connection to God's spirit.
Changing the word does Not make God's holy spirit a person - Psalm 104:30.

Old Yesterday, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well at least you said that you 'believe' rather than you 'know'.
There is that.

Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There's absolutely nothing that can be profitably addressed to a mind welded shut with the superglue of disbelief.
Thank you for pointing up yet another habitual examples of theist wrongheadedness - ignoring evidence and thinking it's a 'believe -or not' thing. and ignoring (indeed in your case, dismissing) evidence. But evidence is what our disbelieving side is all about and our minds are wide open to it.

As we saw just now with the best you could find to support your cosmic consciousness idea and, more on topic, pneuma in that excellent debate of the Nativity, the evidence is actually supporting disbelief rather than belief. If it has supported consciouness outside the mind or a nativity that was credible (respectively), that would have been taken on board and of course would have done so long ago.

That is what an open mind does.

But what we have been getting for the past decade or so are repeated claims - from you about your Beliefs, and from Jesus -apologists about the nativity. You and the Jesus -peddlers should long ago have conceded that you really have nothing valid to support either cosmic intelligence or the Gospel -Jesus. Yet they keep on peddling various excuses and arguments from a coin with a star on apparently proving something or that very dubious 'Nazareth' fragment (1)in hopes to try to make their Faith even look remotely credible.

And now i buggered what I was saying as discussion is not really closed -minded. Just take the recent one with Pneuma on ID. The discussion in fact went the way of the nativity one with Pneuma (and indeed the one he had with Raffa on Nazareth. Very denialist but doing his very best with the evidence.
He did not make a case for a credible Nativity, 1sr c. Nazareth or I/D, and rather made the case for disbelief stronger. And I reference Pneuma as he is such a tough debator .

You also got beat on your own theories with the the sudden appearance of the really speculative theory not helping you very much. But it was Something new at any rate.

But the supaglu kind of closed mind is beyond Pneuma's frantic and in the end abusive efforts to try to rubbish the 1st C BD/AD chronology and the findings of the Dover trial, or even you endless peddling of your own unsupported Intelligent Cosmos Beliefs. Refusal to go with where the evidence actually leads and rather cling to faith in spite of it, is indeed Closed -minded by Faith. Plus of course schoolyard 'same to you' kneejerk responses such as yours, withou much thought going into it.

But the supaglu mind It is the kind that just posts Jesus -Faith declarations and is impervious to discussions. Usually just some scripture and a dark warning about what will happen to those who dare to believe differently.

But we will see what kind we have here. A response is still awaited from him (or her).

(1) If anyone missed those discussions, ask, and ye shall be givenethed, or Google it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality