Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 03:44 PM

9 posts, read 4,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Define the types of Theories.

Describe how anything becomes a specific type of Theory.

Describe the attributes of the different types of Theories.
Hmmm...this is too theoretical for me but I'll try. The function of a theory is to give a unified system of approach for reoccurring ideas seen throughout various disciplines. Now, in the theory of religion a theory can be described as a unifying idea across all religions or within specific religions. OK, cutie. I think that describes theory in general and I think that describes the different types but, remember, this is a religious discussion so let us stick to religion.

Now, what is theory in religion. That's a tougher question because all religion has a specific source but that source is lost throughout history so then it becomes something, "theoretical," in the absurd. Now, does that make sense cutie.

So, ultimately, we've seen miracles but because of the government medication no one can incorporate it into their theoretical and personal outlooks. I wouldn't be surprised if now you conclude I'm an alien or something, that is what drugs do to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 03:45 PM

9 posts, read 4,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Okay, I'm invoking the Golden Rule here.
Oh, so, you are a Christian...sorry this discussion is for atheists only but please do stay and discuss because you can pose honest questions to me, who is not an atheist, and atheist.

Old 08-20-2016, 03:53 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunny35 View Post
This is it. This is it. Let's keep this thread going as the thread to end all threads with atheist discussion. Let's keep it civil, let's keep it polite. Anyone can join the discussion with atheist but let me lead it because I love atheists. I am not a Christian. (period)

Let's start the discussion:
1) How can you be atheist after all the miracles you've seen?

I have never seen a miracle. And in fact no genuine supernatural miracle can be established unambiguously to have ever occurred.

2) Do you think this map (planet) is a game that you cannot escape?

All living things die. Look around an notice that everything that has died is still dead. This includes everyone who lived 2,000 years ago.

3) Ask me any questions you would like.

You believe that a corpse came back to life and then subsequently flew away, off up into the clouds. Why would you believe that just because someone has told you that it is so? You don't believe that Santa has a team of flying reindeer, do you?

Old 08-20-2016, 03:55 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
Quote:
Oh, so, you are a Christian...sorry this discussion is for atheists only but please do stay and discuss because you can pose honest questions to me, who is not an atheist, and atheist.
It is a very Christian rule: Those who have the gold make the rules.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:00 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
OP: How can you keep advising to watch Fox news then state you figured no one gets out.
One cannot *get out* if they are *in watching Fox news*

Also, why the push for Fox news?
Do you work for them?
Are you in a commercial in that time frame?

PS: If you use the word *miracle* that in and of itself has Theist written all over it.
You are quite a contradiction in terms.
I'll skip Fox news.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:02 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
No, this discussion is on a public forum which you cannot regulate who posts a reply and who does not.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:08 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Hmmm...this is too theoretical for me but I'll try. The function of a theory is to give a unified system of approach for reoccurring ideas seen throughout various disciplines. Now, in the theory of religion a theory can be described as a unifying idea across all religions or within specific religions. OK, cutie.
Yikes~
Quote:
I think that describes theory in general and I think that describes the different types but, remember, this is a religious discussion so let us stick to religion.
So no you don't know what a Theory is and you don't even know that Atheism is not a religion.

Science is the best method we have to explain the world that we live in and the Universe our world exits in...so it belongs in any public forum especially one where science illeratacy is at it's peak.
Quote:
Now, what is theory in religion. That's a tougher question because all religion has a specific source but that source is lost throughout history so then it becomes something, "theoretical," in the absurd. Now, does that make sense cutie.
LOL Theory and Religion don't belong in the same sentence. Perhaps this is why you think it's a tougher question. LOL
Quote:
So, ultimately, we've seen miracles but because of the government medication no one can incorporate it into their theoretical and personal outlooks. I wouldn't be surprised if now you conclude I'm an alien or something, that is what drugs do to you.
You don't know what we've seen. You might see things and call them miracles but don't use your broad brush to paint all of us into that corner. Perhaps what you see as miracles is what others view as simply how the Universe works.

I don't think you're an alien but I do question what drugs your on...or perhaps need to be on.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
...snip....

I don't think you're an alien but I do question what drugs your on...or perhaps need to be on.
That's got my vote, unless s/he's just trolling.

Even then....

Old 08-20-2016, 04:44 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,045,846 times
Quote:
Hmmm...this is too theoretical for me but I'll try. The function of a theory is to give a unified system of approach for reoccurring ideas seen throughout various disciplines. Now, in the theory of religion a theory can be described as a unifying idea across all religions or within specific religions. OK, cutie. I think that describes theory in general and I think that describes the different types but, remember, this is a religious discussion so let us stick to religion.

You are using theory in a mostly colloquial sense, with a poorly understood veneer of the scientific definition overlaid. In other words, you don't make any sense when you speak about theory.

As or the bold portion..... Really?! Do you really think that the government has drugged the population of the country?

Old 08-20-2016, 11:36 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Well, I'm watching Fox News and it blew my mind away.
Clearly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality